Investors Questions

-3 Votes
5 Answers
2.43K Views
How do I find the perfect investor to start my company?

I have spent 4 years of day and night research on web security and invented the World Wide Web's most secured website. My website is an emailing system with 96.40% hacker safety, zero spam and...

asked Aug 13 '11 at 12:49
Blank
Karz
126 points

5 Votes
1 Answers
2.44K Views
When and how to "get out"? And some advice?

I have been involved with a technology startup in the UK from day 0, for over 5 years now. The company is up to 800k+ revenue over the last year and was on track for a 150k profit. Unfortunately...

asked Aug 2 '11 at 19:16
Blank
Jo Skipp
26 points

1 Votes
1 Answers
2.05K Views
Using friends to invest

I have developed a website idea but have no funds to get it started. I have told friends close to me about my idea and they love it..some have even offered to invest in the company. Im thinking I...

asked Aug 5 '11 at 06:52
Blank
B Run
11 points

8 Votes
2 Answers
2.38K Views
How and When to Raise Funds For Your Company

Funding your company is an important part of your startup and expansion strategy. It's a broad topic that has a lot of aspects including: keeping your idea secret, seed funding, angels, venture...

asked Jul 23 '11 at 23:23
Blank
Jarie Bolander
11,421 points

1 Votes
2 Answers
4.91K Views
How much percentage an investor ideally deserve?

Last year we started a software firm, we have managed to build a good technical team and do a couple of projects which helped us hang around. Recently we had an offer from one of the investor to...

asked Jul 13 '11 at 13:08
Blank
Fayaz
35 points

2 Votes
3 Answers
2.42K Views
How to run a party angel round without a lead investor?

I have been able to get significant interest from a good number of well suited angels for my business, after many months of looking for folks who grok my industry. But now, it's the middle of the...

asked Jul 14 '11 at 15:20
Blank
Britta Riley
11 points

5 Votes
2 Answers
2.31K Views
How long to wait for investing?

I'm the tech guy and doing a lot of technical development for the startup. How long does one wait around for the business people to get funding from VC's and Angels? is there a ballpark of how...

asked Jul 22 '11 at 04:51
Blank
User9968
229 points

4 Votes
1 Answers
2.69K Views
Do Angel Investors get paid before a successful exit?

We have a new startup and are trying to meet with some potential angel investors. We were asked if we have a ROI schedule. I thought that investors get paid only when the company has a successful...

asked Jul 22 '11 at 10:14
Blank
Brandon Mitchell
21 points

1 Votes
1 Answers
2.09K Views
When sending money from an office in one country to another, if this money is sent via credit/debit card payment are there any tax implications?

One of the company's co-founders is investing and to avoid high fees I suggested we use our merchant account whereby he will make a payment online and then I will receive the money in the UK. Is...

asked Jul 22 '11 at 18:37
Blank
Nikolay Piryankov
683 points

3 Votes
5 Answers
2.9K Views
Is it possible to get funding before any sale?

I am curious, is it possible to get funding from investor before doing any sale? Any experience?

asked Jul 2 '11 at 00:24
Blank
Jazar
123 points

2 Votes
1 Answers
3.13K Views
How to find good investments for bridge loans?

I discovered that I have some borrowing capacity at low rates based on an investment account that I have, and so I'd like to draw down that money and loan money to start-ups and other companies...

asked Jul 3 '11 at 21:46
Blank
User6492
1,747 points

2 Votes
3 Answers
4.26K Views
How should you value a SaaS company?

Given the following assumptions: Assume total investment (founders + seed) to a SaaS company is 100K After one year, the monthly net profit is 5K, and it is growing at around 10% monthly. What...

asked Jul 5 '11 at 02:20
Blank
Jack
26 points

1 Votes
1 Answers
2.38K Views
Resources for raising funds in NY

I need to start fund raising so I can hire developers to finish completion of my product and start selling it and actually making some money. At the moment I have a presentation and a partly...

asked Jul 11 '11 at 16:17
Blank
Sonny Ordell
197 points

1 Votes
5 Answers
2.32K Views
Is it better to have a formal contract on ownership prior to accepting external investment?

Not assigning anyone any equity until we get funding, despite that fact that I am the tech.-cofounder i need to start developing a demo to show investors. Should an actual contract really be...

asked Jul 11 '11 at 23:10
Blank
User9968
229 points

2 Votes
1 Answers
2.02K Views
Protecting a prototype

I want to develop a prototype to demonstrate to investors my idea in a practical way, hopefully securing funding to develop a full working product. My concern (however unfounded) is how I can stop...

asked Jun 24 '11 at 01:49
Blank
Sonny Ordell
197 points

5 Votes
2 Answers
5.19K Views
I have a prototype, now what?

I've asked a few questions already on this site relating to what I should have in a business plan and how to focus on a prototype, preparing to approach investors. OK, so I have a prototype, at...

asked Jun 28 '11 at 04:12
Blank
Sonny Ordell
197 points

3 Votes
3 Answers
2.6K Views
When pitching to potentials investors, should I let them come to me with offers individually or have a set price?

I am about to put together a investor presentation for my company. I will be presenting to investors individually.The investors are going to be pitched to within a short amount of time. Should I...

asked Jun 28 '11 at 10:43
Blank
Michael
234 points

2 Votes
2 Answers
2.6K Views
Need simple pre-launch website to attract mgmt. team, investors, and co-marketing alliances

I am looking for a simple website solution for my pre-launch (and pre-funding) start-up to do the following: Introduce the business without totally giving the concept away. Have a web address as...

asked Jun 15 '11 at 00:16
Blank
C. Scott
85 points

2 Votes
1 Answers
1.91K Views
Is an LLC the right legal entity when considering investors in the future?

My partner and I want to open a franchise restaurant. I primarily want to incorporate to protect against random lawsuits. We haven't decided between fully funding ourselves or seeking investors. If...

asked Jun 23 '11 at 05:33
Blank
Jhlu87
111 points

0 Votes
2 Answers
2K Views
A Question on Stocks

I'm generally interested in how economy works, because i think it closely relates to businesses. I would like to ask something about stocks. Imagine that there is a company with 100 stocks. Now,...

asked Jun 6 '11 at 17:51
Blank
Spyros P
132 points