Investors Questions

0 Votes
3 Answers
7.33K Views
How does one pay back an investor?

I am starting a fashion retail business this year, and I need a total initial investment of $300,000. I don't know about financial issues regarding shares, equity and dividend. I'm currently...

asked Feb 7 '12 at 16:13
Blank
Mimi
4 points

4 Votes
1 Answers
2K Views
Start up valuation - how much equity

Approached by 2 founders that are very early days of executing an idea. They have some good .com properties that will be central to brand/idea and had recent offers around $100K, with one outlier...

asked Feb 8 '12 at 12:24
Blank
Jjj
21 points

4 Votes
2 Answers
3.56K Views
How long should you keep your idea a secret?

I am a graduating senior in college studying computer science and machine learning. For the past year, I have been working with two other people on what we think is a pretty fantastic idea,...

asked Feb 9 '12 at 06:57
Blank
Jon
137 points

0 Votes
2 Answers
1.84K Views
commission on interest of cash deposits of foreign investors

I live in a country, Australia, where I can get upwards of 5% interest per annum on cash deposits held in a bank account. Having parents-in-law who live in a country, Japan, that offers about 0.02%...

asked Jan 27 '12 at 23:21
Blank
Angus
5 points

0 Votes
3 Answers
2.7K Views
Where can I find international seed investors?

We have just lauched a website for our upcoming SPARQL Database Server. We would like to attract the interest of international seed investors, but we are not sure where to start looking. We are...

asked Jan 23 '12 at 22:31
Blank
Inge Henriksen
101 points

1 Votes
2 Answers
2.97K Views
What is a good way to find investors for a start up?

I have developed my SAAS on a shoestring budget and I have just made it production ready so I am now looking for ways to market it to my customer base. I, however, do not have the funds available...

asked Jan 2 '12 at 23:38
Blank
Tim
670 points

1 Votes
3 Answers
5.46K Views
What happens to the angel's / A round investor's stake on subsequent rounds, in the Valley?

As far as I understand, when the next round happens, the startup emits new shares that are sold to new investors under newly negotiated valuation. Does this lead to the previous investor's shares...

asked Jan 7 '12 at 01:28
Blank
Fedd
8 points

1 Votes
3 Answers
1.92K Views
Utilizing revenue in an LLC as an investment, not income in a new year

We are currently in the month of December and have about $10K (all revenue - all expenses) in our LLC's account. We plan to use this to invest on a project early next year. Unfortunately, it is not...

asked Dec 21 '11 at 03:33
Blank
David
6 points

1 Votes
1 Answers
1.92K Views
Should you try not to give a concrete number to a potential investor?

When raising funds for a start-up with a working prototype/alpha product, should you refrain from asking for a specific amount? Or should you provide a preferred amount, and a backup plan for a...

asked Dec 21 '11 at 16:38
Blank
Nick
108 points

3 Votes
3 Answers
2.09K Views
Got initial traction, how do I know that it's "enough" to pursue investors?

My webapp is gaining traction, being passed around and written about in various countries around the world (it's nice seeing viral loops in action, I must say :) ). And because I'm in the file...

asked Dec 13 '11 at 00:52
Blank
Itai Sagi
337 points

0 Votes
2 Answers
2.51K Views
Vesting Schedule for an initial "100% CTO"

Classic case startup, 1 biz-dev + 1 techie. The 1 techie gets to be the lone warrior to build the entire contraption. The gut rule seems 50-50, but there are complications with that. What's a...

asked Dec 15 '11 at 12:57
Blank
Ina
121 points

1 Votes
2 Answers
2.26K Views
Was there ever a startup website that didn't require the help of angel investors?

I guess what I meant to say is; Has there ever been a startup that started small then became successful on its own, instead of having a large financial backup beforehand? If so, may I ask for a...

asked Dec 4 '11 at 23:32
Blank
Propeller
134 points

2 Votes
1 Answers
2.2K Views
What are my requirements for confirming an investors is "Accredited"?

When raising capital at what point is it required by United States law that the investor be accredited, and if possible what are the laws stating these guidelines? Also, what due diligence is...

asked Nov 30 '11 at 00:17
Blank
Blunders .
899 points

1 Votes
1 Answers
2.05K Views
How long does it take a company similiar to ebay to get investing

My Company is looking to get angel investing for a startup in order to provide more resources/time to various aspects of our business. How long does it take to sway an angel to invest? I know this...

asked Dec 1 '11 at 09:58
Blank
Meow
137 points

5 Votes
1 Answers
1.7K Views
What to put in to a company pitch?

We have a project we've been working on as a side project (Web based education and training application) for a few months as more of a hobby than anything. Recently we were approached by someone...

asked Dec 1 '11 at 18:11
Blank
Cubed Eye
150 points

1 Votes
1 Answers
1.96K Views
Angel investment and qualification questions

Just because I didn't make 250k a yr ago why cant I be considered an angel if I was short like 20k but made it this year? Also, where can I invest, because most places dont want to deal with...

asked Nov 20 '11 at 09:09
Blank
Cappy
26 points

1 Votes
2 Answers
2.21K Views
How many shares for investors?

I want to incorporate a new company and authorize 10MM shares. I also need $50,000 to get started. I am considering inviting friends and relatives to invest, and issue them shares. I want to own...

asked Nov 7 '11 at 21:03
Blank
Olu
6 points

3 Votes
1 Answers
3.48K Views
Valuation for a B2B SAAS past prototype, but pre-launch?

This is a little complicated, but I have an interested group of angels asking for how much for 10%-20% of my company. I have no clue what to tell them, or what my valuation is. It is a B2B Saas...

asked Nov 12 '11 at 09:21
Blank
Amanda
16 points

4 Votes
2 Answers
1.94K Views
How do we communicate investment opportunity with video?

We have developed a great series of videos promoting an investment opportunity for one of our clients. The clients, and investor brokers love it. Now the challenge is how to show it on the website...

asked Nov 4 '11 at 09:05
Blank
Joseph Barisonzi
12,141 points

1 Votes
2 Answers
1.9K Views
Late Stage Investments

My partners and I have built our company from an $11K company to a $1.2M company in 5 years. We have an investor who would like to put $500K into the company to help us get it to the "next level"....

asked Nov 5 '11 at 00:42
Blank
Pbj
6 points