Investors Questions

16 Votes
5 Answers
4.33K Views
Losing Controlling Interest in a company, can that be bad?

Basically I have been lucky to get spotted by some angel investors and will be signing £60,000 for 60% of my current business come thursday, which will really boost my start-up massively and...

asked Jul 4 '12 at 07:18
Blank
Owen O'neill
83 points

1 Votes
2 Answers
2.05K Views
Just went live and need funding- what do I need to prove?

I just launched an online platform that allows inidividuals to video chat based on their interests. Unfortunately, Sean Parker launched a similar concept last week but it just means we are both on...

asked Jun 12 '12 at 13:01
Blank
Kumar
6 points

2 Votes
2 Answers
2.27K Views
Investor want high stake and I need money

I love startups but have no prior startup experience. Till now I have only built stuff like mobile apps (as part time gigs) and worked as a consultant for many large enterprises. I have this new...

asked May 31 '12 at 02:55
Blank
Xoail
365 points

3 Votes
2 Answers
2.65K Views
Buy or Rent/Lease

Assuming a venture-backed startup with seed financing that plans to raise further rounds: does it make sense to buy things or should it go for renting/leasing? "Renting" something (office...

asked May 31 '12 at 23:28
Blank
Sascha Konietzke
118 points

3 Votes
1 Answers
2.02K Views
Can I approach Angels even if my associate and I have absolutely no cash?

My associate and I are doing a website and we have absolutely no cash. Altough, we made a demo, "a prototype" of our website. Would that demo and a solid pitch/business plan convince an angel...

asked May 15 '12 at 21:24
Blank
Younès
120 points

1 Votes
2 Answers
2.5K Views
How to kick start a web service with no working capital on hand?

I have a project on the table with a business model that involves creating a web service to streamline all the best pieces of internet marketing into one platform. Full details need to be kept...

asked May 17 '12 at 00:28
Blank
Chad
32 points

2 Votes
4 Answers
2.11K Views
Do investors in the US invest in international companies?

I am based in the US, but I would like to start an ISP in a different country. Would it be reasonable to find investors in the US? Or do I have to find investors in the target country?

asked Apr 29 '12 at 14:18
Blank
Ayub
133 points

1 Votes
2 Answers
2.35K Views
How to calculate a company market value?

When an investor invests in a start up company, the investor will also ask how do you estimate the company's market value. How do you calculate this value? Does it require some professional...

asked Apr 8 '12 at 00:22
Blank
Ted Wong
171 points

1 Votes
3 Answers
3.59K Views
Is it worth applying to ABC's Shark Tank tv show?

I am trying to raise funds for my patented idea. I looked into applying to ABC's Shark Tank tv show. Does anyone have any experience with the show? I submitted my idea to season 4 casting on Shark...

asked Apr 9 '12 at 02:33
Blank
Laura Young
6 points

2 Votes
3 Answers
2.07K Views
Investor Relations for Startups

Our company appears to be close to getting our first investment -- term sheet but no cash delivered -- and we know we need to get in the habit of keeping this investor and any future ones up to...

asked Apr 11 '12 at 03:22
Blank
Dmoore
46 points

2 Votes
4 Answers
2.26K Views
What is a reasonable amount to ask to investors?

I asked a question about this before, but things have changed. I developed software for basketball and football teams. I have sold 32 copies @ $20 each doing virtually nothing. I wrote a few...

asked Apr 12 '12 at 03:40
Blank
Mike
11 points

1 Votes
2 Answers
2.7K Views
How much equity should an active investor get in an early stage of a startup?

I'm the only executive, I have 100% of the shares, I have 4 employees.I built the prototype on my own and I'm almost launching. This person has intense experience in tech but not as an investor....

asked Mar 24 '12 at 16:26
Blank
Zapoo
303 points

0 Votes
2 Answers
2.07K Views
Licensed software and due diligence: sufficient?

In the process of due diligence for an investment or for M&A, I ask: Considering that all other software is property of the company, is it sufficient to have a non-core part of the software,...

asked Apr 1 '12 at 16:36
Blank
Jj.
29 points

2 Votes
1 Answers
3.07K Views
What should we expect in an accelerator interview?

Checked, but didn't see an answer to this: My partners and I have applied to a NYC accelerator. They have invited us to do an in person interview to determine if our project is a good fit. Aside...

asked Mar 21 '12 at 05:24
Blank
Confused
11 points

2 Votes
4 Answers
5.38K Views
Can an investment club, made up of non-accredited investors, invest in multiple startups?

We are about to create an investment club. We have plans to buy stock, but we plan to invest over 50% of our shares monthly minimums on startups. Is this allowed since we are an LLC with multiple...

asked Mar 7 '12 at 03:11
Blank
Constantine Hinds
11 points

0 Votes
3 Answers
2.14K Views
How do I make website projections?

I own a website that I've been working on for the last couple years, and I'm now at a point where I need to try and raise money from venture capitalists. I am wondering what the best way to...

asked Feb 23 '12 at 05:22
Blank
Oobie11
105 points

8 Votes
5 Answers
3.29K Views
Should I quit the company I founded?

I will try to make this short. About nine months ago my ex boss offered to invest in a company for me. Our relationship even when it was not romantic was deeply emotional. I care a lot about him as...

asked Feb 12 '12 at 08:40
Blank
Jessica
41 points

0 Votes
2 Answers
2.78K Views
Is it better to raise from a seed stage VC or angels who are investing their own money?

I'm going to start raising funds for my company soon. I already have more than a prototype website and can take payments, but still need to get a little more development complete. I'm undecided on...

asked Feb 15 '12 at 17:59
Blank
Anagio
293 points

1 Votes
2 Answers
2.3K Views
How Many Seed Investors Should we Approach

We are building a startup, we are a few weeks away from our MVP launch. We have had some initial positive investor conversations with an angel and a couple VCs. One large VC that generally doesn't...

asked Feb 16 '12 at 22:15
Blank
Dmoore
11 points

4 Votes
1 Answers
2.06K Views
Finding Investors. Who can you trust?

I see lots of investor hunters or finders on the web, but who can you trust? For instance many want a fee upfront to introduce you to 10 or 20 qualified leads. This is mostly done via phone and...

asked Feb 6 '12 at 06:28
Blank
Msw
21 points