Investors Questions

4 Votes
1 Answers
6.33K Views
Cold emailing a VC without an intro?

I don't have any contacts that could provide me an intro to a vc firm or angel investors. I have, however, found that many VCs' email addresses can be easily found on their websites or personal...

asked Mar 5 '14 at 12:38
Blank
Henry Nielsen
25 points

0 Votes
0 Answers
What's it like having a popular VC or angel as an investor? How do they benefit you apart from money?

How does a well-known investor benefit your startup? And what things apart from money do they provide for you to help you grow?I've never raised money before so I'm curious of how the process works.

asked Mar 5 '14 at 20:12
Blank
Carlos Vargas
20 points

0 Votes
1 Answers
Should you file a patent before pitching your product to investors?

I have a unique product that has a verified market but no competitors right now offering anything similar. Should I spend time and money patenting my concept before launching and pitching to...

asked Mar 5 '14 at 07:50
Blank
Jon Noles
100 points

0 Votes
1 Answers
Minimum traction before approaching investors?

For a company that doesn't monetize yet, how many registered users should it have before starting to approach investors to raise a seed round?

asked Feb 27 '14 at 23:55
Blank
Freddie Henry
95 points

2 Votes
1 Answers
Why are some startups in "stealth mode" if ideas are worthless. And how do they raise money from VCs?

At any given point, there are many VC funded startups in stealth mode. What's the benefit of being in stealth if "execution is everything" anyway? How do VCs justify funding such a startup since...

asked Feb 26 '14 at 13:00
Blank
Antonio Comer
130 points

0 Votes
0 Answers
Costs associated with raising venture capital?

What are all possible costs that are associated with raising money from angels or VCs? The only two that I can think of are legal and the value of my time.What are the costs breakdown on a granular...

asked Feb 25 '14 at 12:07
Blank
Julia Tierney
25 points

1 Votes
1 Answers
Could you pay someone to pitch investors for you?

Both my cofounder and I are great at building software, but would suck at presenting anything to a group of people (read: we are not sales people). Is it possible to pay someone to pitch to...

asked Feb 25 '14 at 02:38
Blank
John R.
35 points

0 Votes
0 Answers
Seed stage investors for startups in the law niche?

Who are the most well known angel / VCs investing in legal technology startups?

asked Feb 23 '14 at 16:43
Blank
Stewart Banks
40 points

1 Votes
1 Answers
Outside private investors interested in my game company

These are new grounds for me so I have a lot of questions. I'll just touch on a few not to overwhelm! I have a new game company and I have a couple interested investors who may invest some seed,...

asked Nov 11 '13 at 10:59
Blank
User1574168
6 points

1 Votes
0 Answers
What is the reasonable period of validity for introducing a funding source to a business partner

I'm in the process of creating an agreement with a business partner. He needs investors. I introduce potential investors to him. If someone I introduce to him invests in one of his projects, he is...

asked Nov 17 '13 at 11:15
Blank
Steven
1 point

5 Votes
3 Answers
1.3K Views
Early investor wants to cash out

Our company had an early partner that came in on the 'ground floor' and promised to one of the first hired employees. He invested money into the company for an partner's equity share (25%). A few...

asked Oct 26 '13 at 04:58
Blank
The Brock Ellis
28 points

2 Votes
2 Answers
Splitting common stock between founders and investors - How can a founder ensure that he does not lose control of his company?

View: It seems to me that the only sure way for the founder of a company to ensure, with absolute certainty, that he will not lose control of his company is for him to retain 50.1% of his company's...

asked Oct 28 '13 at 09:36
Blank
Jonathan Todd
28 points

-1 Votes
1 Answers
Approximately how big would a team have to be to build an app store?

Approximately how many people it would take to build a fully functional app store from scratch? I'm not asking for an exact number. I'm asking about a range that is realistic to build something...

asked Nov 4 '13 at 06:09
Blank
Middle C Sharp
99 points

2 Votes
1 Answers
Investor is concerned with Dilution. Would a LOC help us with the future?

We are in our first round of startup fundraising. We need $50,000 for business growth and we currently have one investor who is interested in investing $25,000 for 5%. He is concerned with his 5%...

asked Nov 5 '13 at 08:36
Blank
Ramsey B.
11 points

-1 Votes
1 Answers
Web portal for tech startups

A few months ago while I was browsing on here, I clicked onto a link, I remember that the website itself is founded by investors. It was a web site that you could register as an investor or...

asked Oct 17 '13 at 00:10
Blank
Sarp Kaya
102 points

2 Votes
1 Answers
What investment finance options are available to exit your angel investors?

Id like to know what investment options, equity or debt financing options exists amongst VC Firms for Entrepreneurs wanting to buy out their Investors stake in the business. In other words, exit...

asked Sep 20 '13 at 06:30
Blank
T.G. Van Zyl
11 points

1 Votes
1 Answers
Common Stock Dividends

Situation: Minority stockholders who own less than 5% of the stock received a special one time dividend of $1 per share after major assets of the company were sold. The major stockholders owing...

asked Sep 28 '13 at 13:24
Blank
Dave Ireland
6 points

2 Votes
2 Answers
How is the % of equity given to an investor divided between partners?

When giving a percentage in equity to an investor, is the % taken equally from the existing members of a corporation (partners/shareholders)? I'm asking this question, as I currently have the...

asked Aug 28 '13 at 07:35
Blank
Daniel Johnson
11 points

2 Votes
1 Answers
How to find drug discovery investors

I own 30% ip royalties in an undeveloped simulated set of treatments for HIV and cancer but I do not have the capital to run the experiments necessary to validate my results. Are there investors...

asked Aug 28 '13 at 08:58
Blank
Caseyr547
113 points

1 Votes
2 Answers
How can i get funding for a construction business startup?

I am currently building a construction business that is heavily driven by systems and processes, the system is built on the basis of engagement and transparency at all levels to ensure that...

asked Sep 2 '13 at 21:29
Blank
Rsimms
6 points