Investors Questions

11 Votes
5 Answers
2.74K Views
Can a startup with little expenses really benefit from investors?

My Royalty Free Music business model is designed to have zero expenses other than keeping my domain name up every year. The 'fuel' to my company is musicians' old recordings which I create new...

asked Jun 7 '11 at 11:40
Blank
Gregarious
88 points

3 Votes
2 Answers
1.99K Views
Finding an appropriate website investor

If somebody has a website idea and make the website successfully (not on paper) and the local market is good (idea succeed) but he cannot extend the market because of management, finance and...

asked Jun 12 '11 at 13:21
Blank
Xaqron
311 points

6 Votes
2 Answers
2.26K Views
My sales person (independent, not employee) wants to be an angel investor

I started a surveillance technology company in May 2010. Since the beginning, we have been working with a person that has been in the security industry for quite a while. He was providing some...

asked May 27 '11 at 04:47
Blank
Michael
234 points

1 Votes
2 Answers
2.15K Views
Turn to investor or international company (start-up based on unprotected prototype)

I created a functional SW prototype intended for Xbox or PlayStation. It is based on very simple idea, which once presented can be simply stolen. How can I protect my idea (prototype)? Will be...

asked May 20 '11 at 11:14
Blank
Stanyko
6 points

0 Votes
2 Answers
2.2K Views
Startup Company and Equity for Members

Thanks for taking the time to read this post. I am looking for some advice on how to setup equity for members of my company, which is a location-based social network for iOS devices. As it stands...

asked May 22 '11 at 02:40
Blank
Canty Jeffrey
10 points

7 Votes
4 Answers
2.65K Views
I don't think I need funding, should I shop around anyway?

I'm making what I guess you'd call a website startup, at it's current state, I can do all the developing myself and I have a design coming along from my partner. Overheads will never exceed the...

asked May 25 '11 at 22:10
Blank
Dunhamzzz
161 points

1 Votes
2 Answers
2.05K Views
What Can a New Website Offer in Return for Cash?

I've built a new developer website and have found some companies willing to discuss some sort of partnership. These are companies that sell products that would normally be advertised on sites like...

asked May 12 '11 at 01:02
Blank
Jonathan Wood
120 points

1 Votes
2 Answers
2.13K Views
Can an investment agreement take place online?

Can an investment agreement take place online without entrepreneurs meeting with the investors? If yes, then what is the best procedure. Most of the time Investors want to invest in a startup but...

asked May 12 '11 at 03:56
Blank
Gin
8 points

2 Votes
1 Answers
2.24K Views
Structuing Equity Sale in Early Tech Startup

I have a few Angel investors, and a meeting next week with serveral VCs (brought to the table by the primary Angel), and I am trying to put together the equity sale package to present to everyone...

asked May 12 '11 at 23:48
Blank
Entrepreneur
11 points

0 Votes
2 Answers
2.71K Views
Burned out. Should we sell our SaaS business or find second round investment?

Hey my name is Chris and my wife and I started a web application in Brazil over 3 years ago. As most of the individuals in this community understand the difficulties of starting a business(These...

asked May 4 '11 at 03:55
Blank
Chris
3 points

1 Votes
2 Answers
1.84K Views
Can VC be the customer?

I am working hard with lots of start-up clients on their business models. One of the critical issues that we keep coming back to is "who is the customer." In my model the customer is the person...

asked May 4 '11 at 04:12
Blank
Joseph Barisonzi
12,141 points

3 Votes
1 Answers
2.15K Views
Angel investor group has funded a similar but not identical startup?

So I was thinking of finding a connection to an angel group, but as it turns out one of the funded companies in there portfolio is a similar (but not direct) competitor. The platform / idea is...

asked May 6 '11 at 03:43
Blank
Nick
1,171 points

2 Votes
1 Answers
2.17K Views
Investor Share Dilution Protection

When an investor invests an amount in a startup company exchange for equity, how do they protect themselves from being significantly diluted by a larger investor? And is that even an issue?

asked May 10 '11 at 07:30
Blank
Pate
306 points

0 Votes
1 Answers
2.35K Views
How to sell yourself to investors?

This is a question about methodology for newcomers in the business of lauching firms. I propose that we list all the things that must be done in order to present a good proposal for potential...

asked Apr 26 '11 at 00:26
Blank
Sylvain Peyronnet
371 points

7 Votes
3 Answers
4.66K Views
Who are angel investors? How do they work out with start ups?

I have started a small software firm. Of course we need some funding. That's where I heard about angel investors. I would like know about angel investors and how start-ups normally work with them....

asked Apr 27 '11 at 02:38
Blank
Fayaz
36 points

0 Votes
4 Answers
2.69K Views
What are the keys to writing a good teaser?

I'm curious what are the main things required to make a good 2 page teaser, to be presented to a potential buyer of a company, a European company. Some tips as well as links to examples would be...

asked Apr 27 '11 at 10:18
Blank
Shk
4 points

3 Votes
4 Answers
3.1K Views
Getting in touch with investors

I am ready to get in touch with investors, what do you guys do. 1) Do you send them an email with your executive summary? 2) Send them an email asking if they would like to receive one...

asked Apr 27 '11 at 17:36
Blank
Pmillio
57 points

4 Votes
4 Answers
2.77K Views
Should a start-up always take funding when there is an opportunity?

I always hear Jason Calacanis say that if there is a chance to take an extra round of funding, the founders should do this. Is that really true? Does it increase valuation somehow? For example, if...

asked Apr 18 '11 at 16:04
Blank
Genadinik
1,821 points

2 Votes
3 Answers
4.65K Views
Co-founders unequal shares but how about initial capital injection?

Currently I'm working on a project together with 1 co-founder and soon we are going to incorporate a company. We agreed that I get 70% shares and he gets 30% . The reason is because I started the...

asked Apr 20 '11 at 22:08
Blank
Paul12
18 points

1 Votes
2 Answers
2.75K Views
List of VCs who are interested in early-stage web technology investments

There are some VC funds who only invest in late-stage companies and some who focus on early stage I am trying to find (or build) a list of those who are interested in taking part in early-stage...

asked Apr 22 '11 at 01:53
Blank
Bryan Migliorisi
449 points