International Questions

0 Votes
1 Answers
2.28K Views
US Citizen Being a Member of a UK LLP?

Suppose a US citizen becomes a member of a UK LLP, along with 2 other foreigners (non-US citizens). Assume each one of the three has a 33.3% share in the UK LLP. The LLP starts working, and has a...

asked May 17 '12 at 00:59
Blank
User3262424
107 points

1 Votes
2 Answers
2.53K Views
Having a US presence for an Indian software firm

We have setup a partnership firm having 2 partners in India. We are a software firm and having client base mainly in US, so we want to show our presence in US by putting our US address on our...

asked May 20 '12 at 03:54
Blank
User18025
11 points

0 Votes
1 Answers
2.25K Views
steps required to receive payments from app store as a non-US resident

I'm a non-US citizen and have a couple of free iOS applications in the app store. Now, i want to create non-free versions, but i'm trying to gather what are the requirements that i would need in...

asked May 21 '12 at 00:29
Blank
Lurscher
101 points

2 Votes
4 Answers
2.09K Views
Do investors in the US invest in international companies?

I am based in the US, but I would like to start an ISP in a different country. Would it be reasonable to find investors in the US? Or do I have to find investors in the target country?

asked Apr 29 '12 at 14:18
Blank
Ayub
133 points

0 Votes
1 Answers
2.15K Views
Where to set up an international internet business?

We are expanding our danish internet business to other countries (Germany, Spain, UAE...). This means that we will hire a couple of sales people in each country. The question is if we should...

asked May 9 '12 at 13:17
Blank
Janne
1 point

2 Votes
1 Answers
2.25K Views
Starting a business in the States and then moving to Canada

I'm about to move to Toronto, ON, Canada, within months. I want to go ahead and start my business up now though, before I go there. Would there be any problem with this, and would I be able to...

asked Apr 19 '12 at 23:07
Blank
Christopher Gunn
11 points

2 Votes
1 Answers
1.98K Views
Trading company in UK VS trading company in China

I know there are trading companies in UK. They get orders in UK and they find suppliers in China and place orders with China suppliers. How does a British trading company get orders? I mean, why...

asked Apr 9 '12 at 08:28
Blank
Steven
1 point

0 Votes
1 Answers
1.77K Views
Do I need to charge Tax to my Clients Customers?

Possible Duplicate: Online Sales Tax: location based on transaction server, shipping address, CC, or location of purchaser? My company is UK based but many of my clients are based in the US,...

asked Apr 13 '12 at 02:20
Blank
Jon Winstanley
101 points

1 Votes
3 Answers
2.26K Views
I provide purchasing services for foreign companies. How to solve the problem of trust?

I am a purchasing agent for foreign companies. My clients find me on the Internet. I provide services so my clients pay me my service charge. They don't personally know me before they contact me. I...

asked Mar 27 '12 at 22:45
Blank
Steven
1 point

8 Votes
5 Answers
2.79K Views
Tax laws when trading to the US from europe

What are the tax laws regarding sale of a SAAS to US companies when you are UK based? I know you dont have to charge VAT but would you need to file a US tax return or charge US taxes?

asked Apr 4 '12 at 22:09
Blank
Tom Squires
1,047 points

0 Votes
1 Answers
1.94K Views
Selling online products purchased from the market

Are there any rules and regulations when selling products purchased from the market in an online store? This is not affiliate/commission based selling. I'm purchasing products for the retail...

asked Apr 6 '12 at 11:37
Blank
Sara
101 points

0 Votes
2 Answers
1.76K Views
How customs and other documents are cleared , while receiving or sending

We have recently planned to launch an eCommerce Store. We have certain products which which we want to ship to the international market too. But when I choose to ship items individually it cost me...

asked Feb 22 '12 at 05:37
Blank
Simsons
101 points

1 Votes
1 Answers
1.96K Views
International Business Partner

I've finally found someone I wish to extend an offer to as a business partner and make him a part owner in the company, only he's international. The company is an LLC based in the USA and this...

asked Feb 15 '12 at 09:34
Blank
Marco Ceppi
126 points

6 Votes
1 Answers
2.31K Views
How do I handle large payments (over $15,000)?

As a side-project to my IT Consultancy business, I have developed a software product which I intend to sell. The URL for the new product is at http://www.scichart.com I am partnering with...

asked Feb 19 '12 at 08:21
Blank
Andrew Burnett Thompson
193 points

3 Votes
1 Answers
1.94K Views
Starting a business from the UK as self employed, with an eventual goal to employ US Citizens and move to the US to work - possible?

I'm currently working on building an online business based around travel and tourism and eventually I'll need to employ people in the US, located in a specific area. The end goal is that I'll be...

asked Feb 9 '12 at 01:01
Blank
Rick M
118 points

1 Votes
1 Answers
1.81K Views
Canadian Selling a Website to British Pub

I've started a freelance web development company. Up to now all my clients have been based in Canada and I have been collecting taxes for the government. I have been contacted by a Pub in the UK,...

asked Jan 27 '12 at 03:06
Blank
Philip K
166 points

0 Votes
1 Answers
1.83K Views
Avoiding income tax on worldwide sales - The double Irish?

Does anyone know more about the "Double Irish" Structure to avoid paying income tax for worldwide profits. 100% of the revenues of my company are made oversees. I export physical products oversees....

asked Jan 2 '12 at 15:51
Blank
Alexandre H. Tremblay
186 points

1 Votes
3 Answers
2.83K Views
US company want to send a German citizen that has visa and work permit for US to work from Germany- -how is the taxation

we have the following complicated issue: US based company has an employee who is German citizen but lately lived in the US with a US Visa and work permit and hired at the US company company wants...

asked Dec 22 '11 at 01:52
Blank
Martin
6 points

3 Votes
2 Answers
2.05K Views
How to deal with international web design clients

We're a Canadian company and are talking with a prospective client from Nigeria, Africa. We've never dealt outside of our province, let alone our country, so we're not sure if there's anything to...

asked Nov 29 '11 at 04:24
Blank
Mirov
384 points

2 Votes
2 Answers
2.38K Views
How Indian Laws and taxation applies to European company representative traveling within and abroad?

If I were to be employed by a European company to represent them in India to develop the market, what taxes and laws will apply? Secondly, how will the expenses made within the country and travel...

asked Nov 19 '11 at 19:29
Blank
User14523
11 points