International Questions

1 Votes
1 Answers
1.59K Views
Should I be weary of naming my business something that may already be registered in the US?

We're based in Canada and are in the process of naming our new business for registration in Canada. We're going to be developing mobile apps. However, we've run into some issues. The name we...

asked Nov 22 '11 at 13:09
Blank
Anon1227
8 points

0 Votes
2 Answers
1.88K Views
What to do before offering e-services from EU to US?

Planning to export e-services (online services, Internet-based, SaaS) from a EU-based company to the US market, what are key things to consider ?

asked Nov 10 '11 at 23:18
Blank
Refineo
238 points

1 Votes
2 Answers
2.36K Views
Legal aspects of internalization - selling software online

I'm making an engineering software. It's for a very specific market. The market size of the software, if I take only my country, is too small. But since I'm planning to launch it "cloud based",...

asked Nov 4 '11 at 20:47
Blank
Jbcolmenares
117 points

7 Votes
3 Answers
1.99K Views
How to work internationally in a country which is under sanction?

I'm a web developer and I live in Iran. Unfortunately my country is under international sanction. However, I'm able to work for foreign customers and get their job done. But there is a problem. A...

asked Aug 9 '11 at 21:22
Blank
Saeed Neamati
153 points

1 Votes
1 Answers
1.97K Views
Foreign ownership of a US company

My partner and I have founded a British LTD, are registered with the Dutch Chamber of Commerce, intend to start trading in The Netherlands this fall, and we will have a Dutch BV or NV by end of...

asked Aug 1 '11 at 20:04
Blank
Stu Thompson
173 points

4 Votes
2 Answers
2.99K Views
Enforcing international agreements/contracts

I'm just curious about how a contract between two parties in different countries would handle breaches/consequences of said contract. Let's say between two parties in USA and Asia. If the contract...

asked Jul 22 '11 at 01:27
Blank
Dustin Davis
272 points

1 Votes
1 Answers
2.09K Views
When sending money from an office in one country to another, if this money is sent via credit/debit card payment are there any tax implications?

One of the company's co-founders is investing and to avoid high fees I suggested we use our merchant account whereby he will make a payment online and then I will receive the money in the UK. Is...

asked Jul 22 '11 at 18:37
Blank
Nikolay Piryankov
683 points

2 Votes
2 Answers
2.15K Views
Opening a European Subsidiary in the U.S

I am an American setting up a U.S. based subsidiary office for a small Eastern European company. What are the methods I can get paid assuming the company does not have capital for straight salary...

asked Jul 7 '11 at 00:12
Blank
Lefty
11 points

0 Votes
1 Answers
1.86K Views
Is it viable to run and profit from a website with US audience from another country?

I'm just wondering generally whether it is viable to run, say a blog, targeted to US audience from some other country and use paypal or other online services when dealing with advertisers and other...

asked Jun 23 '11 at 19:30
Blank
Ende San
3 points

3 Votes
3 Answers
3.54K Views
International tax on digital products for a US company

I'm a developer in the US (Maryland) with an LLC and an application that I would like to sell through my website, delivered via download. I do not intend to ship physical goods of any sort, my...

asked Jun 24 '11 at 21:20
Blank
Blueberry
18 points

3 Votes
2 Answers
3.01K Views
When doing business in multiple countries, how should an LLC structure bank accounts?

Should there be separate accounts open at a bank in each country? Should they all be with one bank that has branches in each country, how is that typically done?

asked Jun 30 '11 at 00:58
Blank
Opensourcechris
154 points

1 Votes
4 Answers
2.91K Views
What do I Need to Know When Running a Business?

I am currently working at a company in a technical cum slightly managerial position and strongly thinking about starting a technology based company (this can happen in the next one or two years to...

asked May 11 '11 at 15:38
Blank
Pathum Mudannayake
178 points

5 Votes
2 Answers
2.62K Views
How to set your price in USD and EUR?

Many US-based companies charge the same amount in the US as in Europe: a certain item will cost 100 USD when bought in the US, and 100 EUR when bought in Europe. This really means that the European...

asked May 11 '11 at 21:37
Blank
Philippe
297 points

3 Votes
6 Answers
3.7K Views
What is the most economical way to pay people and companies in India from the US?

For the past several years we have used Paypal to pay freelancers and outsourcing companies in India. But as of March 1, 2011, it appears that Indian banking laws have changed and we can no longer...

asked May 7 '11 at 11:14
Blank
Kenneth Vogt
2,917 points

3 Votes
2 Answers
2.64K Views
How do I handle customer support in foreign languages?

We develop and sell mobile software to consumers and are based in US. We sell software internationally but since it is not localized majority of our sales are in English speaking countries. I'm...

asked Apr 28 '11 at 08:27
Blank
Subjc
116 points

1 Votes
1 Answers
1.94K Views
Registration of a company in Hong Kong

I have a business in Hangzhou, China. What advantages are there to registering a company in Hong Kong? What are the disadvantages? Will a company identity in Hong Kong incur a lot of costs? Is it...

asked Mar 22 '11 at 21:46
Blank
Steven
1 point

3 Votes
3 Answers
3.63K Views
Benefits and risks of taking your company internationally

I’m in the early planning phase of a funding round for a startup in NYC as a second office for a software company that is headquartered in Germany (ca. 50 employees). For a presentation I’m trying...

asked Feb 28 '11 at 23:37
Blank
Martin Buberl
181 points

6 Votes
2 Answers
4.06K Views
Can I start a business in USA and work from my country?

Can I incorporate a business in USA and work from my country? Can I receive profit from my corp even when I'm not an employee, only director? I have a b1b2 visa. Is this enough to manage a business...

asked Feb 8 '11 at 20:30
Blank
Alejandro
48 points

0 Votes
3 Answers
11.3K Views
How to reply to a prospective client's first inquiry in email?

I'm an English-Chinese interpreter and receive prospective clients' email inquiry about my services from time to time. However, I found quite a few clients become unresponsive after I reply to...

asked Jan 21 '11 at 18:18
Blank
Steven
1 point

2 Votes
1 Answers
1.73K Views
What is needed to digitally sell and distribute software (videogames) to the US?

I'm currently developing a game with a few friends and have plans to sell it and distribute it worldwide via digital means. I'd like to know what I should take into consideration if I want to sell...

asked Dec 16 '10 at 09:38
Blank
Kensai
111 points