International Questions

5 Votes
3 Answers
2.76K Views
Does it matter which state I incorporate in if I don't live in the US?

I'm a US citizen, and would like to start an internet company in the US, however I don't live in the US. As my kind of work can be done virtually, a physical presence isn't necessary. Typically...

asked Dec 24 '10 at 21:17
Blank
Noli
131 points

2 Votes
2 Answers
2.51K Views
Where to start business. I am planning to move countries - can my business when started relocate easily?

I currently live in South Africa, but I am an Australian citizen. I am planning to relocate to the UK for 2 years and then Ireland indefinitely. I am building an online business to market a product...

asked Dec 29 '10 at 19:20
Blank
User6226
11 points

0 Votes
2 Answers
2.11K Views
Where should one register a company?

I'm not a US citizen but planning to start an international business. So I'm wondering if there's a benefit/profit/perspective of registering a company in a different country than mine, like US,...

asked Nov 10 '10 at 18:55
Blank
Denys S.
166 points

2 Votes
2 Answers
1.87K Views
Is there any way to predict how competent authorities will decide tax treaty issues beforehand?

I have been studying the UK/US double tax treaty and it's explanation in anticipation of the creation of a US subsidiary wholly owned by a small internet-based company in the UK. It seems as though...

asked Oct 26 '10 at 04:58
Blank
Brian
28 points

3 Votes
5 Answers
2.46K Views
How does one create a company name that is internationally accepted?

I'm working on an international startup, website based, for which I need to create a name (with corresponding domains for all extensions) that is internationally accepted as my service is meant to...

asked Oct 31 '10 at 20:56
Blank
Tom
116 points

2 Votes
7 Answers
4.23K Views
Should I use country-specific domain names or just .com?

I'm planning to launch a SaaS site soon in Norway and own the domain name under the Norwegian TLD (.no). If this is successful, I plan to translate the site and launch internationally. The .com...

asked Nov 1 '10 at 08:14
Blank
Owen Fraser Green
128 points

1 Votes
3 Answers
4.03K Views
Can an LLP be formed as a wholly owned subsidiary of a UK company?

I'm currently researching how to go about creating a US subsidiary of a UK company. One of the people involved in the business wondered if it would be possible to use an LLP to do business in the...

asked Oct 20 '10 at 11:20
Blank
Brian
28 points

5 Votes
2 Answers
2.75K Views
Form a company outside of the US?

This is definitely a different flavor of a common question. Here are the basic stats: Online only startup -- no physical presence. Everyone works from home. We have 8 people in 4 countries (5 in...

asked Oct 4 '10 at 06:15
Blank
User4625
26 points

2 Votes
1 Answers
2.78K Views
Are there any genuine online job/work that can earn you some money?

This may be a vague question but i was always wondering this, of course i am not talking about spamming nor things like that but about genuine and reliable online job/work that can be done from...

asked Aug 27 '10 at 00:52
Blank
Prix
133 points

0 Votes
1 Answers
2.17K Views
Doing Business in China: How to identify business opportunities?

I'm preparing to do international trade business I will be in China. One of the main places to look for suppliers is Alibaba. Do you have experience working with providers/suppliers found...

asked Aug 13 '10 at 00:24
Blank
Steven
1 point

1 Votes
3 Answers
2.05K Views
Computers distribution and Localization of software

I am interested in knowing what languages are good to choose for localization of my photo image editing software. There are some obvious choices and some not so obvious ones. Today I was reading...

asked Feb 27 '10 at 03:32
Blank
Ross
2,288 points

1 Votes
3 Answers
2.31K Views
How are multi-lingual websites typically done?

A friend from Italy asked about setting up a website, and I am pretty sure she wants it in multiple languages. How is that typically done? Is there a framework in the CMSes that allows language...

asked Jan 16 '10 at 13:18
Blank
Tim J
8,346 points

1 Votes
2 Answers
12.6K Views
Cost-plus structure for international subsidiaries

We have several international subsidiaries setup to serve as sales offices. In setting these up we evaluated whether to set them up as resellers (they purchase the product from us and sell to...

asked Nov 16 '09 at 13:45
Blank
Dane
1,866 points