UK Questions

0 Votes
2 Answers
2.55K Views
Problem with Companies House agent

I'm really disappointed about services provided by the CH agent that registered my ltd in the UK. At the beginning, they misspelled my name and didn't answer to my e-mails regarding this issue....

asked Jun 6 '12 at 02:36
Blank
Lukeshek
452 points

0 Votes
1 Answers
2.03K Views
Another company to manage activities of other company

I'm wondering if there is any limit of activities another company could carry out for my company? I have a limited company in the UK, live outside the UK, and would like another company or a...

asked Jun 9 '12 at 08:25
Blank
Lukeshek
452 points

0 Votes
1 Answers
2.89K Views
The correct prefix for a UK UTR?

What's the correct country code/prefix for a UK unique taxpayer reference I should give in an invoice when supplying services overseas? I suppose it's simply UK, but I couldn't find anything about...

asked Jun 12 '12 at 04:29
Blank
Lukeshek
452 points

0 Votes
1 Answers
2.32K Views
US Citizen Being a Member of a UK LLP?

Suppose a US citizen becomes a member of a UK LLP, along with 2 other foreigners (non-US citizens). Assume each one of the three has a 33.3% share in the UK LLP. The LLP starts working, and has a...

asked May 17 '12 at 00:59
Blank
User3262424
107 points

0 Votes
2 Answers
1.88K Views
Is a P45 required to be sent

I am currently employed by my parents' company. As a tax saving option, they have decided to make me a partner. Does this mean I have to file a P45?

asked Apr 29 '12 at 00:18
Blank
Jo B
1 point

0 Votes
1 Answers
1.6K Views
Copyrights when selling e-services

I run a limited company in the UK, and when I sell on-line services and digitalised goods to people around the European Union for their personal use, the place of supply is always the UK and I'm...

asked Apr 17 '12 at 22:20
Blank
Lukeshek
452 points

2 Votes
3 Answers
2.21K Views
Non-compete clause in social media

I am in talks with one company (to be hired as a web developer) and looks like a contract is going to be signed soon. There are talks about non-compete clause that does not allow me to work in the...

asked Apr 18 '12 at 09:39
Blank
Gediminas
113 points

1 Votes
3 Answers
2.6K Views
What is the best pricing model for a service based on requests?

I have a product for monitoring specific areas of content within webpages and notifying the customer when changes occur to this content and what they are. (E.g. monitor the latest stories on a news...

asked Mar 28 '12 at 23:01
Blank
Yojimbo
326 points

3 Votes
1 Answers
2.01K Views
Sending an offer/request by e-mail

Are there in the UK any particular regulations regarding sending business offers/requests by e-mail? I was unable to find any, but for example in my home country, Poland a company can send an...

asked Mar 13 '12 at 04:21
Blank
Lukeshek
452 points

0 Votes
3 Answers
3.03K Views
Legally required to provide hard-copy of receipts/invoices?

Just a quick question related to my start up. Am I legally required to provide posted hard-copies of invoices and receipts to clients or are email PDFs sufficient (if I know they can receive and...

asked Mar 20 '12 at 18:27
Blank
Anonymous
557 points

0 Votes
3 Answers
2.05K Views
Can I pay by company card for myself?

I myself run a limited company in the UK. The bank offers me a free Visa card only if I make any payments using the card. The problem is that sometimes I don't need to buy anything for the company...

asked Mar 3 '12 at 06:46
Blank
Lukeshek
452 points

0 Votes
1 Answers
3.84K Views
Do I need ISSN or ISBN?

I run a company that sells online language-learning applications. I thought that I could also sell e-books. My question is - do I in the UK have to register for ISBN or ISSN? Is this obligatory, or...

asked Mar 12 '12 at 02:16
Blank
Lukeshek
452 points

0 Votes
2 Answers
1.78K Views
How customs and other documents are cleared , while receiving or sending

We have recently planned to launch an eCommerce Store. We have certain products which which we want to ship to the international market too. But when I choose to ship items individually it cost me...

asked Feb 22 '12 at 05:37
Blank
Simsons
101 points

0 Votes
1 Answers
1.95K Views
Storing contracts with company contractors and other documents

A few days ago I registered a limited company in the UK. I use a registered office in England (which is my company agent's office), and myself live in Poland, and my Polish address is given as the...

asked Feb 11 '12 at 02:32
Blank
Lukeshek
452 points

3 Votes
3 Answers
3.48K Views
Has anyone had any experience with GoCardless?

Has anyone had any experience using UK startup GoCardless for only payment processing? Get paid directly from your customers’ bank accounts. No merchant account. No credit card fees. No hassle. ...

asked Feb 11 '12 at 06:20
Blank
Space Beers
168 points

1 Votes
2 Answers
2.16K Views
Can I rent out a domain to my company?

Before I registered a limited company, I had bought a few domains containing the name of the company. Can I rent out the domains to my company? Is this legal? I don't want to sell the domains as in...

asked Feb 11 '12 at 08:49
Blank
Lukeshek
452 points

3 Votes
1 Answers
2.3K Views
A very simple multi-currency accounting system

I run a small limited company in the UK which requires very simple bookkeeping. The company sales online services (internet apps) and the only costs the company have are: domain and...

asked Feb 12 '12 at 22:58
Blank
Lukeshek
452 points

3 Votes
2 Answers
1.85K Views
Looking to hire designer for a few days. What do I need to know?

I'm probably going to hire a freelance web designer for a few day to complete a project. The designer will probably be freelance so I will be paying a fixed amount on completion. Are there any...

asked Feb 18 '12 at 09:03
Blank
Lee Jacobson
116 points

1 Votes
3 Answers
2.49K Views
Can I myself have two contracts with my own UK ltd company?

I'm soon going to register a limited company in the UK. I know that any ltd company is a separate entity, and if I want to get paid from the company I'll have to be employed as its director....

asked Feb 5 '12 at 08:43
Blank
Lukeshek
452 points

4 Votes
2 Answers
3.07K Views
Can I use my personal bank account instead of a company account?

I've just registered a limited company in the UK. I wonder whether this is possible/legal to use your personal bank account until the company has its own account? I want to make online transactions...

asked Feb 8 '12 at 00:48
Blank
Lukeshek
452 points