LLC Questions

A corporate structure whose members cannot be held personally liable for the company's debts or liabilities. Combines characteristics of corporations and partnerships or sole proprietorship.

4 Votes
3 Answers
When to create the business entity?

If I'm moonlighting and building the product at night and on weekends - at what point does it make sense to establish a business entity (e.g. LLC, Inc, etc)? Would this make sense to only happen...

asked Aug 13 '13 at 22:23
Blank
Code Talk
253 points

1 Votes
2 Answers
should I register the single member LLC with SOS?

I am starting a small business based in California and I will be working off of home until I can make money to rent an office. I have been advised to register as a single member LLC, but as I read...

asked Aug 14 '13 at 04:52
Blank
Pegz
6 points

1 Votes
2 Answers
1.6K Views
Can I incorporate in USA if i'm not resident and not American?

I'm a foreign national, and resident in a different foreign country. I have no ties to USA, and no intention to hire any employees there. Can I still register a company (e.g. C Corp)? If it is...

asked Aug 14 '13 at 12:26
Blank
Steve
310 points

2 Votes
1 Answers
How to separate teaching/consulting with product company I founded, or should I?

I've been teaching on the side as a technical expert throughout industry for the last several years, while maintaining a full time job. I have an established an LLC for this side business. Now, I...

asked Aug 16 '13 at 10:10
Blank
User27452
11 points

0 Votes
1 Answers
Owning shares in another LLC, what is the simplest way to go tax-wise?

Let's say I already own a LLC (single-member, disregarded entity). Now, I just closed a new business and have a partner in the US, a new LLC will be formed, with two members - my partner and I. I...

asked Aug 22 '13 at 02:19
Blank
Full Of Caffeine
3 points

1 Votes
0 Answers
SARL or SAS for a small web startup?

In France what type of company is suited for a small bootstrapped startup with two cofounders. One major founder and a second minor founder based from a different country. The equivalent in the...

asked Jul 29 '13 at 21:43
Blank
Ayrad
106 points

1 Votes
1 Answers
How do I handle compensating a non-member of an LLC for IP?

My partners and I are in the process of forming an LLC for our startup. We're admittedly pretty new to this, and I'm confused about how to handle compensations for some IP a non-member contributed....

asked Jul 30 '13 at 23:28
Blank
Samuel Kordik
6 points

1 Votes
1 Answers
1.23K Views
Need tax help for CA LLC selling iOS/Android apps

last year, a friend and i started an LLC in california. we made a couple of mobile apps which we sell through apple, google, amazon, etc. shortly after that, i co-founded another startup, which has...

asked Aug 1 '13 at 07:58
Blank
Ben H
106 points

0 Votes
0 Answers
restaurant start-up with 2 co-founders and 1 investor

i have a restarurant opening in a month and i would like to split the two co-founders and give a third investor a percentage, keeping in mind the starting employees. how do i split ownership. I'm...

LLC
asked Aug 10 '13 at 09:12
Blank
Lyfe A.Theoc
1 point

0 Votes
1 Answers
Is trademark necessary for my own site

If I want to make a site that will have a simple game (multiplayer online) based on an anime will I need a trademark? Or even some agreement from the anime creator or any other kind of permission?

asked Jul 18 '13 at 10:01
Blank
Igli Kadija
3 points

0 Votes
2 Answers
How can I change my Registered Agent in Nevada LLC company?

I started an LLC in Nevada with one RA, but am being charged a high price. Can I change the RA without endangering the LLC? And How to do it?

asked Jul 20 '13 at 02:50
Blank
Kabatola
1 point

0 Votes
1 Answers
Arizona State Law & Foreign Entity LLC

I'm thinking of about doing a subscription business relating to beer as a side project. I currently reside in Arizona but when it comes to it, I was leaning towards forming the LLC in Nevada. The...

asked Jun 4 '13 at 10:53
Blank
Justin.Chmura
105 points

0 Votes
1 Answers
2.5K Views
Can you file for an LLC if you owe state taxes?

I currently owe the state $200 in taxes but am planning to file for an LLC. Will the LLC still be approved? Or will they take the money and apply it to my past due taxes? Thanks much for the help.

asked Jun 5 '13 at 10:07
Blank
Jerrill
1 point

0 Votes
1 Answers
Credit card for business expenses: not 100% business OK?

I'm thinking of starting an LLC for my app projects, and I'd like to keep a separate business credit card to make the corporate veil harder to pierce. However, a lot of my business expenses are...

asked Jun 12 '13 at 14:53
Blank
Archagon
111 points

1 Votes
1 Answers
1.19K Views
LLC, single person, internet-only business: what state am I "doing business" in if I'm perma-travelling?

I have a question similar to this one, with one difference: I'm going to be running my business while travelling the world over the next few years, both in the US and out. (I'm a resident of...

asked Jun 12 '13 at 15:56
Blank
Archagon
111 points

0 Votes
1 Answers
What address do I use to register LLC

I need some suggestion on the current situation that I am in. I am currently in PA, I have decided to start my web-based company and I've decided to move to the Bay Area by the end of this month. I...

asked Jun 17 '13 at 13:27
Blank
Ayrton Senna
124 points

1 Votes
3 Answers
I live in California but will be consulting in Texas, where do I register my LLC?

I primarily live in California, but own a home in Texas. I will be fundraising for a Texas start-up, getting paid commission. Prospective funders are from all over the world. Where do I register my...

asked Jun 20 '13 at 05:09
Blank
Lsm0415
6 points

2 Votes
1 Answers
Can an LLC hire an employee from another country?

Can an LLC hire an employee from another country? The LLC will be registered in Germany, and I want to hire someone from an Asian country. I have Googled this, but have not found any links related...

LLC
asked Jun 30 '13 at 00:40
Blank
User1905807
14 points

2 Votes
1 Answers
Do you pay sales tax on open invoices?

Sorry if this has already been answered, but I could not find it anywhere. My company is based in Austin, TX, US, and is an LLC. Do I have to pay sales tax on open invoices? I.e., Invoices for...

asked Jul 3 '13 at 12:39
Blank
Kevin Soviero
180 points

0 Votes
0 Answers
Web Startup: Living in Florida, incorporating in Delaware/Florida?

I am running single owned web startup right now. Its not live yet so that is why I am posting this question. I am currently living in Florida for past 3 years and within next couple of months I...

asked May 16 '13 at 01:13
Blank
Coder
28 points