LLC Questions

A corporate structure whose members cannot be held personally liable for the company's debts or liabilities. Combines characteristics of corporations and partnerships or sole proprietorship.

0 Votes
2 Answers
2.49K Views
New LLC - How do I estimate quarterly taxes if I'm not sure I'm going to make a profit by the end of the year

My wife and I are partner members in a newly created LLC. Weve made some money this quarter yet have made no distributions but we are uncertain of our future profits/loss for the year. This quarter...

LLC
asked May 3 '13 at 00:10
Blank
Keith
1 point

1 Votes
1 Answers
1.85K Views
LLC C-corp in US, how to report my own investment

I'm a single member LLC with C-corp taxes in the US, and I just started my entity in January. I'm trying to figure out how/if I report my own capital injections for expenses as regards my taxes. I...

asked Apr 12 '13 at 16:29
Blank
User25852
8 points

0 Votes
2 Answers
4.69K Views
Forming a US LLC and paying taxes while outside the US

I am currently a resident alien in Virginia. I have been in the US since November 2011 (never left) and I have a J-1 visa, which expires on February 2014. I am going to leave US and go back to my...

asked Apr 17 '13 at 07:39
Blank
Tolgamorf
103 points

4 Votes
2 Answers
2.6K Views
Foreign LLC vs Domestic LLC - Wyoming & South Carolina

Please help. I'll make this as simple and concise as possible: I will be manufacturing my own parts, AT HOME, in South Carolina. I intend to sell the products exclusively online with an online...

asked Mar 23 '13 at 00:41
Blank
George
21 points

1 Votes
1 Answers
2.51K Views
DBA, LLC, or what? For a virtual asset marketplace

My friend and I are currently developing a marketplace for virtual assets. However we are not quite sure how we should set the company up. Do we need only a DBA, or should we go with the LLC route...

asked Mar 26 '13 at 05:47
Blank
Sharkman
6 points

1 Votes
4 Answers
3.23K Views
Spliting a partner without an operating agreement

I have been in the retail industry for over 14 years. I pitched an idea to an old friend of mine to open a mattress store about two years ago. We opened the company as an LLC. I had all the...

asked Apr 3 '13 at 10:26
Blank
Jay
6 points

1 Votes
1 Answers
2.21K Views
LLC partnership on student visa and then transfer to H1B

I am on F1 visa. I'm done with my masters and am on my OPT. Can I be a partner in an LLC? What about when I go on H1B. I'm looking to startup in Texas & California both. I tried to look for...

asked Mar 7 '13 at 10:10
Blank
Diablo Sharma
28 points

2 Votes
1 Answers
2K Views
Setting up a Group/Organization

I currently host an online group that meets once a month for dinner. We recently began hosting small private events that required a minimal cover charge at the door to cover the rental fee of the...

asked Mar 11 '13 at 13:20
Blank
Juli
11 points

1 Votes
2 Answers
2.45K Views
Who owns the programming in a disolving partnership?

I am a 50/50 owner in a small dissolving LLC. To this partnership I brought my software and through the course of several years continued to develop it. In the partnership agreement there is...

asked Mar 17 '13 at 01:16
Blank
User25503
6 points

0 Votes
1 Answers
2.03K Views
software / digital signage start-up early stages

In the early stages of a start-up, my key market is digital signage, a hardware development kit I use requires signing an NDA to receive the SDK, as stated in the early stages of the start-up. Do...

asked Mar 21 '13 at 05:58
Blank
William
1 point

0 Votes
1 Answers
9.01K Views
Using a New Personal Bank Account for an LLC?

Business Structure: LLC Country: US State: Texas City: Austin Income: So far? $0 I am forming an LLC and was looking into "business" checking accounts, and most charge some kind of fee. Either...

asked Mar 21 '13 at 13:25
Blank
Kevin Soviero
180 points

1 Votes
2 Answers
2.66K Views
Limiting personal liability

I have been working (solo) on a few side web projects for the past several months. My name can be found attached (via WhoIs) to the domains I've purchased and this got me to thinking about worst...

asked Feb 23 '13 at 05:23
Blank
Yamori
6 points

0 Votes
1 Answers
1.75K Views
What are charges/taxes to open LLC in New York as foreigner/alien

I am from India. I want to launch e-commerce web site. For that purpose, I want to open LLC in New York. What are charges/taxes to open LLC in New York as foreigner/alien.

asked Feb 25 '13 at 23:03
Blank
Simpanoz
109 points

3 Votes
2 Answers
2.34K Views
Software Contributions to a LLC Partnership

I have a 33.33% stake in an LLC partnership, which was made with cash contributions. I have since developed software with an associate who is not part of the company that we would like to sell as...

asked Feb 26 '13 at 08:31
Blank
Frank
16 points

2 Votes
2 Answers
14.4K Views
TIN to use on W9 when Single Member LLC/Disregarded entity

I own a state-classified LLC company and also have an EIN for the business, which was filed on an SS-4 form (Rev. December 2001) as a Type "Other" and noted "disregarded entity". On the SS-4 form...

asked Feb 27 '13 at 12:30
Blank
User1322092
11 points

1 Votes
3 Answers
4.54K Views
Do I need to register as LLC even if I plan to make my iOS apps free?

I have personally made some apps and I want to put them on the Apple app store as free apps. I will probably also make them open source on github or something. I had been reluctant to do so because...

asked Feb 27 '13 at 19:53
Blank
Yeesterbunny
108 points

0 Votes
1 Answers
2.22K Views
I am non resident alien and want to get I - T - I - N

I am non resident alien and want to get I - T - I - N . I am launching e commerce website and want to register this website as L - L - C business in USA . As per my little research , I got point...

asked Mar 4 '13 at 00:48
Blank
Simpanoz
109 points

1 Votes
1 Answers
2.23K Views
LLC Pass Through Income Taxation

I'm working for a client who is doing business as a LLC in CA. He represents merchants by advertising them on certain websites. His commission is taken out from the sales received from the...

asked Feb 13 '13 at 03:50
Blank
Cong Xiao
6 points

1 Votes
1 Answers
1.96K Views
LLC Sub-contracting money and tax question

Essentially, I started an LLC about 6 months ago. I have worked pretty closely with another developer, but so far have yet to pay him. We are developing a product right now and I have agreed to...

asked Feb 15 '13 at 02:13
Blank
Livingtech
106 points

0 Votes
1 Answers
2.43K Views
Recommended Business Structure for Group of Part Time App Builders

A few friends and I have started building small apps and WordPress plugins in our spare time, and I'm wondering what would be the best business structure (LLC, S-Corp, etc) as I think it's almost...

asked Feb 20 '13 at 06:14
Blank
Jeremiah Prummer
441 points