LLC Questions

A corporate structure whose members cannot be held personally liable for the company's debts or liabilities. Combines characteristics of corporations and partnerships or sole proprietorship.

1 Votes
1 Answers
4.56K Views
Transferring inventory into LLC

Formed LLC, but wonder how to account for inventory I've already purchased and will now sell via the company. I've been re-selling as a hobby, and now converting to a business. I'm in the US. No...

asked Oct 12 '12 at 09:16
Blank
Rob
6 points

-2 Votes
1 Answers
1.76K Views
Using Paypal for Gifting

I am hoping to generate some revenue by sending out emails to interested people about giving a gift to the company. I am aware in order to say "donation" you must be a 501(c)(3) however if you...

asked Oct 13 '12 at 18:10
Blank
Grant Wilkinson
105 points

1 Votes
1 Answers
1.97K Views
Startup capital and taxes

I'm finishing up a successful KickStarter campaign. The approximately $8000 is going to be used as capital for my software startup. I'm currently structured as a sole proprietorship, so the $8000...

asked Sep 21 '12 at 02:28
Blank
Joe
6 points

0 Votes
1 Answers
1.97K Views
Naming an LLC - conflicting with a service trademark

Possible Duplicate: Somebody got a trademark for a domain I own. I am planning to launch my service in a week I'm looking to name a startup (LLC) with what I think is a cool name. Upon...

asked Sep 27 '12 at 00:13
Blank
Dmitri B
3 points

0 Votes
1 Answers
1.92K Views
Actual tax rate for self employment with LLC

There seem to be a ton of LLC related questions and I've been through most of them but I don't see anything that answers my question directly. Right now I'm on a 1099 and it was suggested that I...

asked Oct 3 '12 at 03:27
Blank
Dustin Davis
272 points

0 Votes
2 Answers
1.46K Views
Start-up SMLLC taxes payment timelines

I have a Single Member LLC in California that started at the beginning of this year. I have a few employees whose payroll is done through a well known bank, and the payroll taxes are adequately...

LLC
asked Sep 14 '12 at 02:46
Blank
Carpe Diem
1 point

1 Votes
1 Answers
2.11K Views
Ballpark figure on one-time tax accountant fees

I've registered an LLC in the US as a foreigner. Registration was no problem, but I find the specific tax laws and regulations difficult, especially because it's hard to find clear information on...

asked Aug 17 '12 at 10:10
Blank
User
192 points

5 Votes
3 Answers
23.2K Views
Is there a way to legally hide ownership of a LLC from the general public?

Due to various reasons (career related, privacy etc) I would like to hide the fact that I am the owner of the LLC from the general public and from anyone else trying to figure out the owners of the...

LLC
asked Aug 17 '12 at 12:48
Blank
Sxv
26 points

0 Votes
3 Answers
1.94K Views
Seeking Information About the Continued Costs of an LLC. Should I Talk to a Lawyer or Accountant?

I'm sure not which type of professional i should reach out to in order to get the proper advice i seek. I want to know specifically how much it would cost to LLC a company and the continued costs...

asked Aug 20 '12 at 14:47
Blank
Mysticxhobo
6 points

2 Votes
2 Answers
6.23K Views
Can an LLC operate under two separate business names?

I just started an online retail business in Massachusetts with which I formed an LLC - lets call it "Massachusetts Retail LLC" and it's located at massachusettsretail.com. I highly enjoyed...

asked Aug 22 '12 at 02:41
Blank
Nickelpickle
55 points

1 Votes
1 Answers
3.9K Views
Can a bank account accept checks written to two different business names?

Is it possible for a bank account to accept checks written to two different parts of an LLC? For example, I have ABC LLC, which operates at ABC.com, and I accept checks using both the ABC and ABC...

asked Aug 23 '12 at 05:55
Blank
Nickelpickle
55 points

1 Votes
4 Answers
10.6K Views
Can you reduce New York LLC publication fee by using a registered agent?

I have a question around creating a LLC in New York City , it's centered around the publication requirement of LLC's in New York state. This publication requirement means if your LLC is registered...

asked Aug 30 '12 at 03:42
Blank
Drc
118 points

1 Votes
1 Answers
1.99K Views
Can a non-Illinois resident be an owner-member of an LLC registered in Illinois?

Can a non-Illinois resident be an owner-member of an LLC registered in Illinois?

LLC
asked Aug 6 '12 at 11:36
Blank
Strimp099
106 points

1 Votes
3 Answers
2.17K Views
Why should I create LLC company?

I confess I don't quite understand the logic behind creating LLC company.. What are the befenits? Should I do this now that my product(website) is still in development?

asked Aug 11 '12 at 00:26
Blank
Edwin Soho
30 points

0 Votes
2 Answers
1.84K Views
Which states do not allow personal negligence to be protected by an LLC?

As a follow up on another question about LLCs, and a comment on an answer -- which states do not allow personal negligence to be protected by an LLC?

LLC
asked Aug 11 '12 at 02:43
Blank
Blunders .
899 points

1 Votes
2 Answers
2.45K Views
When should I move from Sole Proprietorship to LLC?

As of right now, expenses are close to zero, and income is equal to zero. Risk of law suits is also very low. At what point should I move over to LLC? When the expenses, income or risk of...

asked Aug 11 '12 at 10:22
Blank
Brentonstrine
108 points

0 Votes
2 Answers
2.36K Views
Help me understand a revenue sharing problem

I am part of an LLC with multiple members. We have multiple revenue streams, and expenses that are shared across the revenue streams. One revenue stream is suppose to be split 50% to the person...

asked Aug 1 '12 at 05:28
Blank
Steven Holcombe
1 point

0 Votes
1 Answers
2.34K Views
How to get around florida's public record

I want to start a LLC in florida. However, I am worried about my home address being public info. I know that I can utilize a registered agent, however, the form also asks for the member manager's...

LLC
asked Aug 2 '12 at 11:30
Blank
Carol P123
6 points

2 Votes
5 Answers
2.42K Views
Consulting while working

I kinda have a dilemma! My partner and I, who are coworkers, came up with the idea to start our own consulting firm. Our firm will target our present clients. We are Medicaid consultants in a...

asked Jul 7 '12 at 11:45
Blank
Girl Trying To Market
21 points

0 Votes
1 Answers
1.98K Views
Where to base company if I want to move from country to country?

I am in a position where I am able to work from any location of the world. The dozens of clients I work with (currently as a simple self-employed) are scattered throughout the globe, and I work...

asked Jun 18 '12 at 06:32
Blank
Harry
1 point