LLC Questions

A corporate structure whose members cannot be held personally liable for the company's debts or liabilities. Combines characteristics of corporations and partnerships or sole proprietorship.

1 Votes
1 Answers
3.49K Views
Should I register an LLC for iOS development?

I am currently developing an app that I intend to release commercially through Apple for iOS. If that is the only freelance development I am doing, are there any benefits to registering an LLC...

asked May 9 '12 at 07:00
Blank
Dustin Wilhelmi
108 points

0 Votes
2 Answers
2.52K Views
At what point do expenses turn to LLC expense?

I recently formed an LLC for a small idea I have, the LLC go effective in FL, USA on the 20th of this month. I have an EIN. At what point do expenses go on the books for the LLC? Is it when the LLC...

asked Apr 15 '12 at 21:48
Blank
Raystafarian
103 points

2 Votes
2 Answers
2.3K Views
Are there restrictions on names for an LLC in California?

I'm forming a LLC in California in the coming months and I have come up with a few good names. Can I simply pick the one I like best and run with it (have graphics made, etc) or is there a chance...

asked Apr 17 '12 at 01:25
Blank
Nick
113 points

1 Votes
2 Answers
2.03K Views
Getting started with an LLC

Two friends and I have run a website for a year or so and now we are about to add in our premium model so we can start bringing in some money. I have been advised that we should register an LLC...

asked Apr 18 '12 at 01:58
Blank
Mike
19 points

2 Votes
1 Answers
2.27K Views
Starting a business in the States and then moving to Canada

I'm about to move to Toronto, ON, Canada, within months. I want to go ahead and start my business up now though, before I go there. Would there be any problem with this, and would I be able to...

asked Apr 19 '12 at 23:07
Blank
Christopher Gunn
11 points

1 Votes
1 Answers
1.96K Views
Using DBAs For LLC

I am in the process of forming a LLC so that I may sell a product with the protection that an LLC affords. I am the sole member of said LLC. I now have two more completely unrelated (to the LLC,...

asked Apr 20 '12 at 17:45
Blank
Jason
124 points

3 Votes
1 Answers
2.76K Views
Do health insurance premiums reduce an LLC member's capital account?

If the LLC covers the health insurance premiums for the members, does the amount get deducted from the member's capital account?

asked Apr 22 '12 at 04:11
Blank
Alex Pereda
16 points

0 Votes
2 Answers
2.23K Views
Incorporating in Delaware, Does the owner have to create publications to be recognized as an LLC?

I'm planning to incorporate in Delaware. But not sure If from the start I have to create an x amount of publications to be recognized in the state as an LLC. I incorporated an LLC In NYC and it...

asked Apr 24 '12 at 09:28
Blank
Zapoo
303 points

2 Votes
1 Answers
1.89K Views
What should I watch out for when closing an LLC?

I'm declaring one of my startups kaput and moving on to another. The first venture, Stronico Contact Management, was an llc and had a ten percent partner. We declared it closed by mutual agreement...

asked Apr 25 '12 at 04:32
Blank
Steve French
621 points

1 Votes
1 Answers
5.45K Views
How Claim Operating Expenses on Pass Through Multi-Partner LLC

The LLC has operating expenses (e.g., internet, phone, etc.). How are these passed through to the partners? Form 1065 ln 20 provides for Other Deductions such as these (I believe). However,...

asked Apr 7 '12 at 11:45
Blank
Perplexed Bob
16 points

2 Votes
1 Answers
2.13K Views
Proof of managing director or signing officer for a LLC

I'm a member of a domestic US LLC, formed in the state of Delaware. I'd like to open a foreign exchange account with a vendor for my LLC to pay my suppliers in Europe. The vendor requires a...

asked Apr 9 '12 at 23:23
Blank
Tchitcho
18 points

2 Votes
2 Answers
2.42K Views
my business is in my legal name i.e. "John Smith" do I still need a DBA to form an LLC?

Being an independent artist, if my business is in my legal name i.e. "John Smith" do I still need a DBA to get an LLC ? The bank was asking for a DBA.

asked Apr 11 '12 at 00:33
Blank
D Magone
11 points

0 Votes
2 Answers
2.18K Views
What am I legally allowed to call my 'company'?

I'm a student, and I'm interested in making apps/websites. Thus, I registered for a Student account with App Hub {WP7 dev program.} I also made a website where people can play my HTML5/JS based...

asked Apr 11 '12 at 10:57
Blank
Java And C Sharp
101 points

2 Votes
1 Answers
2.7K Views
Software E-Commerce/E-Business Foreign Entity LLC and License and Tax requirements

I am wanting to startup a software, app, games business conducted through the internet. I am in Missouri, the state where I plan to do work from. I did research and found that Delaware or Nevada...

asked Apr 14 '12 at 21:33
Blank
Nightmare
11 points

0 Votes
1 Answers
2.12K Views
best way to split/license domain name

i currently own a domain name in the name of an LLC. ideally, we'd like to license subdomains (e.g., productA.example.com, productB.example.com) to developers to develop applications that generally...

asked Mar 28 '12 at 04:51
Blank
Aosik
103 points

1 Votes
1 Answers
3.06K Views
Affiliate Marketing Income - When Should I LLC or Incorporate?

I am currently making a decent amount of income from affiliate marketing (people go to my site, click my link for product X, and if they buy product X, I make a percentage of the sale). I am...

asked Mar 30 '12 at 22:20
Blank
Martin
1,340 points

0 Votes
2 Answers
3.31K Views
LLC no money earned

We registered an LLC company. The company has not made any money, do I still need to pay the California state tax? PLease let me know.

asked Mar 31 '12 at 15:34
Blank
Yugoday
1 point

1 Votes
3 Answers
30.6K Views
What date to use as business "start date" when filing for an EIN?

My LLC was formed as of yesterday. I am now in the process of applying for an EIN through the IRS. The application asks for my business start date. I am an online business, and have not technically...

asked Mar 15 '12 at 08:11
Blank
User16817
63 points

1 Votes
2 Answers
4.2K Views
Address used on business license made public?

Starting a home-based internet services company and need to get a business license. Is the address I list to obtain my license {in this case my home address} made available to the public?

asked Mar 17 '12 at 06:38
Blank
User16817
63 points

0 Votes
1 Answers
2.03K Views
File your LLC's tax return before your own?

I am one of 2 members of an LLC that I started. The LLC had no income in its first year-only a small loss. I'm reflecting my share of the loss, as on my K-1, on the my own tax return. If I file my...

asked Mar 18 '12 at 23:59
Blank
User6492
1,747 points