LLC Questions

A corporate structure whose members cannot be held personally liable for the company's debts or liabilities. Combines characteristics of corporations and partnerships or sole proprietorship.

1 Votes
1 Answers
1.78K Views
Partners in an LLC

I'm about to bring on two partners in my LLC. However both have indicated that the "partnership" would be between my company and each of their incorporated entities. Is that normal? What is the...

asked Jan 27 '12 at 09:36
Blank
Chris Lively
443 points

1 Votes
1 Answers
3.44K Views
Taxes on non US-resident LLC owner?

I am working on launching an online product site and registering it as an LLC in Delaware. I am a non-US resident and will get the company registered through LegalZoom.com or Incorporate.com. It...

asked Jan 30 '12 at 19:48
Blank
Ali
179 points

1 Votes
3 Answers
3.15K Views
Are you taxed on revenue or income?

As a single owner of an LLC, are you required to pay taxes on the LLC's profit or revenue?

asked Jan 31 '12 at 00:10
Blank
Ali
179 points

0 Votes
1 Answers
2.28K Views
How to tax deduct Home Office in an LLC with multiple members?

I have an LLC with multiple partners (members) that work from home. We're a tech startup company. We each work from home, and want to take advantage of the home office tax deduction. Is this...

asked Feb 2 '12 at 05:06
Blank
Box Cat
5 points

0 Votes
1 Answers
4.64K Views
How to convert a single member LLC into a LLC with multiple members?

I started as a single member LLC. I found some great partners. How do I add them into the LLC as members? What needs to be signed between us, is there a specific document we should maintain? Who...

asked Feb 2 '12 at 05:13
Blank
Box Cat
5 points

2 Votes
2 Answers
2.38K Views
Tax implications of giving out prizes/raffles for my startup customers

I've ran a few contests / giveaways on my site for new customers. So far I've given away a color nook, 2 rounds of golf, and 2 ski lift tickets. Just some stuff to get people more active in the...

asked Jan 18 '12 at 05:03
Blank
Jared
31 points

2 Votes
3 Answers
2.21K Views
LLC, 3 members, 1 wants out

I am a member of an LLC along with two others. We each own 33% of the company and have invested very little. One of the three members has expressed interest in cashing out, severing all ties to...

asked Jan 11 '12 at 17:16
Blank
Rachel557
11 points

1 Votes
2 Answers
2.43K Views
Does an LLC provide equal liability protection as an S or C corp?

My early stage startup is at the point where we need to form a corporate entity. I've read a lot on the web and here about the advantages and disadvantages of the LLC vs C-Corp (and the tax...

asked Jan 12 '12 at 02:27
Blank
Paul Cezanne
649 points

2 Votes
3 Answers
4.55K Views
Using a UPS mail box for LLC

Anyone form an LLC in PA? I have a couple of questions. I plan on getting a UPS mail box. I'm looking to get a register agent so that I can separate my business from my home address. 1 - For bank...

asked Jan 13 '12 at 07:37
Blank
Luckytaxi
177 points

1 Votes
1 Answers
1.76K Views
How should I account for the financial losses by my LLC?

All the investment to my company now is my time and skill. But I do have to pay out of my own pocket for elance, cloud computing, etc. These, based on my understanding, would be counted as "loss"...

asked Jan 13 '12 at 08:32
Blank
Tom
197 points

7 Votes
2 Answers
2.56K Views
Has anyone sold a "fork" version of their software?

I created a SaaS that became quite popular over the weekend. I had a steady stream of users sign up and many are actually still using it (lots of folks who signed up out of curiosity). Anyway, I...

asked Jan 14 '12 at 01:54
Blank
Luckytaxi
177 points

1 Votes
1 Answers
2.1K Views
Valuing intangible assets in an LLC sale

Upon sale of an LLC, how would I express the values of intangible assets the LLC has generated (e.g. certain access rights, processes and procedures, IP, and customer relationships)? These are...

asked Jan 17 '12 at 03:46
Blank
C Cummins
6 points

2 Votes
2 Answers
2.32K Views
does anybody know of a non-us country with low cost of incorporation

so from what I've seen the US offers quite low incorporation cost (it appears that you can form an LLC just by a few hundred dollars) my question is, is there any other country that satisfy these...

asked Dec 31 '11 at 20:32
Blank
Kamikaze Pilot
253 points

6 Votes
1 Answers
86.2K Views
How To Transfer Money Between Personal & LLC Bank Accounts

I'm starting a very small business out of my home in Texas. I've formed the LLC and opened a bank account for it. How should I handle putting my own money into the business account so I can avoid...

asked Jan 1 '12 at 05:02
Blank
Grilldos
31 points

2 Votes
1 Answers
2.07K Views
Share offer of a US company for non-US resident

As a small team of 2 developers, we have done a good job on developing the work of a client, which is now becoming a startup and founding a LLC, they want to give us a 10% equity of the company. In...

asked Jan 2 '12 at 10:44
Blank
Hellnar
116 points

1 Votes
3 Answers
2.93K Views
DBA for an LLC Name?

Do I need to get a DBA for a LLC because of the short name? For example if the name of the company is MyBook, LLC, do I need to register for as a DBA if I just put "MyBook" as the name of the...

asked Jan 4 '12 at 17:16
Blank
Monty
6 points

0 Votes
2 Answers
1.82K Views
Self employed. Protecting trading names?

I've been researching Limited Company vs Self Employed and I think I prefer being self employed until things get bigger, etc. However I can't seem to find anything saying how to protect a trading...

asked Jan 8 '12 at 09:57
Blank
Klj613
36 points

3 Votes
1 Answers
1.8K Views
Suggest best way to process payments?

We are from NJ. Our start up consists of 2 people. Previously, all of our clients were through our contacts, so we just accepted cheques for payment and deposited them in our Bank of America small...

asked Dec 18 '11 at 11:25
Blank
Varchar1
33 points

0 Votes
4 Answers
5.18K Views
Is 50/50 partnership in an LLC a good idea when partner has idea and money?

I have seen similar questions, but am curious if this seems like a fair arrangement. Partner and I have already started a 50/50 split LLC. Myself: Technical vision, skills, no capital investment...

asked Dec 20 '11 at 03:51
Blank
Maple Shaft
323 points

1 Votes
3 Answers
1.93K Views
Utilizing revenue in an LLC as an investment, not income in a new year

We are currently in the month of December and have about $10K (all revenue - all expenses) in our LLC's account. We plan to use this to invest on a project early next year. Unfortunately, it is not...

asked Dec 21 '11 at 03:33
Blank
David
6 points