LLC Questions

A corporate structure whose members cannot be held personally liable for the company's debts or liabilities. Combines characteristics of corporations and partnerships or sole proprietorship.

0 Votes
1 Answers
I live and have an LLC in New Jersey. What happens to it if I move to California?

For my web development consultancy, I do work through a single-member LLC in the state of New Jersey.I'm going to relocate to California next month (not for a job, will still be doing the same...

asked Mar 7 '14 at 00:14
Blank
Bobbie Rice
50 points

2 Votes
1 Answers
Which state to register business if I'm always traveling?

I run a consulting business where the entire team is remote. I myself travel the world and don't usually stick around for longer than 3 months at any given place. In my case, which state should I...

asked May 25 '14 at 15:25
Blank
Betty Bonilla
12 points

1 Votes
0 Answers
Can you transfer a corporation from one state to another?

Is it possible to transfer a corporation from one state to another? Or is paying to close it completely and then start another is the only way?Both the costs and time needed to close and start a...

asked May 15 '14 at 15:56
Blank
Tina Bethea
9 points

1 Votes
1 Answers
Does creating an LLC that is a holding company for other LLCs provide additional asset protection?

Are there any benefits to creating an LLC that does nothing but act as a holding company for other LLC entities?Does that provide any added benefits in terms of asset protection?

asked Mar 5 '14 at 16:39
Blank
Paul Newman
125 points

0 Votes
1 Answers
Can a non-US trustee/trust form an LLC in say WY and would it be considered as a MM LLC

A real-world trust that's not in a tax haven wishes to from a MM LLC in the US without any additional members and elect to be regarded by the IRS as a partnership. Can that work?

asked Dec 9 '13 at 05:44
Blank
Clint
1 point

1 Votes
1 Answers
Self-employed, no completed projects yet: can I write my laptop off my taxes?

I've recently started working on a couple of software projects that I hope will generate income in 2014. I eventually want to form an LLC, but I'll probably end up doing that closer to completion...

asked Dec 10 '13 at 19:30
Blank
Archagon
111 points

0 Votes
2 Answers
1.47K Views
Taking on a new team member and paying only in equity - legal aspects and pitfalls

Here's my situation. I founded a company very recently (currently an LLC) and have no external funding. I also don't have deep pockets. This is for a startup in the US in Washington state. I...

asked Dec 5 '13 at 18:53
Blank
6 points

1 Votes
1 Answers
3.01K Views
Using existing PayPal and Amazon accounts for new LLC

I'm going to start out by providing a bit of background info here. My actual question is in bold, below. So my wife and I run a website for digital artists that sells download subscriptions. This...

asked Nov 15 '13 at 09:55
Blank
Jordan Magnuson
8 points

0 Votes
1 Answers
What should I get for my new business and should I wait until the new year to get it?

I have been working on something that has in the past been considered more of hobby. A couple months ago I got laid off from my full time job and have had a lot of time to devote to this venture. I...

asked Nov 18 '13 at 07:41
Blank
User29698
1 point

0 Votes
2 Answers
2.55K Views
Tax consequences to transfer ownership of single member llc to wife upon death

I have a single member LLC in New Jersey. Upon my death, will my wife be taxed (and how much) if I assign my ownership interest to her as per an operating agreement?

asked Nov 22 '13 at 12:28
Blank
Infi
1 point

1 Votes
1 Answers
Can a G-4 visa holder create an LLC?

I'm in the US with a G-4 Dependant visa, and I'm legally authorized to work in the US. I have a start-up business. Can I create an LLC in the US?

asked Oct 24 '13 at 09:04
Blank
Mamb
6 points

1 Votes
1 Answers
Treating Capital as Expenses during the first year

I believe that during the first year of operations a new LLC can treat all capital (up to $50,000) as expenses instead of having to amortize over 180 months. I have 3 questions related to...

asked Oct 26 '13 at 02:45
Blank
John E Watson
14 points

1 Votes
1 Answers
How are LLC members taxed?

If an LLC is setup with two members (50% each) and the total income is $200,000 annual, how does that work for each member with regard to taxation? Does each member have to file an income of...

asked Oct 31 '13 at 01:57
Blank
Dustin Davis
272 points

3 Votes
4 Answers
Should I register an online business in Nevada?

If I want to form an LLC to sell music digitally online, would it benefit me to form an LLC in Nevada (my home state is North Carolina), since I won't have a physical product? If I were to add...

asked Oct 31 '13 at 11:37
Blank
Jackie
16 points

1 Votes
0 Answers
US Non-resident - Reselling US made goods in USA (and globally)

Background: I am a US Non-resident and have no connections (personal or business) with the US. I have an online portal that sells apparel. Situation: Step 1: A global customer buys an apparel from...

asked Nov 1 '13 at 20:44
Blank
Make Me Aware
6 points

0 Votes
1 Answers
Do I need a DBA for my website name?

I have registered a LLC and want to know if I need a DBA for my website name. For example, if I registered the name "XYZ LLC", do I need a DBA to use the website "www.XYZ.com"?

asked Oct 16 '13 at 09:13
Blank
User28298
1 point

0 Votes
2 Answers
Would like to hire a full time programmer from India

I'm looking to hire a full time programmer in India. Of course he would need to pay tax in India. But would I also need to pay tax in USA? If I've got an LLC taxed as an S-Corp in California?

asked Oct 22 '13 at 12:19
Blank
Ron
21 points

3 Votes
1 Answers
Entertainment or Media Company

I am starting a media company that I'd like to set up similar to what larger media/entertainment companies do. Within this company, I will be producing a variety of entertaining ventures; music...

asked Sep 10 '13 at 09:31
Blank
Murf
16 points

1 Votes
0 Answers
Student Visa LLC

A couple of weeks ago I had a classmate of mine pitch me his iOS application idea. It was actually very good and I am ready to begin working on it with him however, there's an issue. My classmate...

asked Sep 15 '13 at 00:57
Blank
Anthony Geranio
6 points

1 Votes
2 Answers
What does LLC mean to the consumer?

When I see a company labeled as Limited Liability Company, I think, "They aren't putting their heart and soul into this business." I then proceed to imagine that they might not be the best option...

LLC
asked Aug 29 '13 at 22:31
Blank
Agweber
111 points