IRS Questions

1 Votes
1 Answers
2K Views
Short year tax form

We need to file our corporate taxes (1120) for a short year and but there aren't any forms available from the IRS for year 2013 yet. Does anyone know what to do in this case? update: the company...

asked Sep 12 '13 at 17:11
Blank
Ent
8 points

1 Votes
1 Answers
1.55K Views
Need to re-file 83(b) forms in these 2 cases?

I filed 2 83(b) forms and am thinking that I may need to mail an additional copy of each one to the IRS to ensure that they're received and processed correctly: (1) I mailed one that was to go...

IRS
asked Mar 28 '13 at 19:23
Blank
User6492
1,747 points

1 Votes
2 Answers
2.79K Views
EIN after conversion from LLC to c-corp

We converted (created new entity then merged) from an LLC to a c-corp. The new c-corp has a different EIN than the LLC. Do we need to notify/update our employees, clients and vendors about the new...

asked Feb 18 '13 at 06:23
Blank
Aaron
8 points

3 Votes
2 Answers
2.11K Views
Accounting method for software business

I'm nearly complete and preparing to launch my business. However, I've noticed that taxes aren't as simple as everyone makes them out to be. I'm mostly confused about cash vs accrual accounting for...

asked Dec 17 '12 at 16:00
Blank
Asdaf3wq
18 points

1 Votes
3 Answers
1.78K Views
Keep a company no longer active

Is it wise to keep a company that will no longer have any activity? and file zeroes on all its tax returns? Dissolving it might incur a higher one time cost. The company in question is a delaware c...

asked Sep 16 '12 at 05:56
Blank
James
6 points

0 Votes
1 Answers
7.72K Views
Converting from an LLC to a C Corp; can we use the same EIN?

When converting from an LLC to a C Corp, can we use the same EIN for the C Corp?

asked Mar 15 '12 at 11:11
Blank
Jon
1 point

2 Votes
2 Answers
2.65K Views
I formed an LLC on November last yr and dissolved it on December, should I report this LLC to IRS?

I formed a Delaware LLC on November last year, and soon I found that the c-corp is more suitable for my situation, so I decided to dissolve this LLC, it has been dissolved on December last year...

asked Feb 25 '12 at 09:12
Blank
Silent
111 points

0 Votes
1 Answers
4.6K Views
How to convert a single member LLC into a LLC with multiple members?

I started as a single member LLC. I found some great partners. How do I add them into the LLC as members? What needs to be signed between us, is there a specific document we should maintain? Who...

asked Feb 2 '12 at 05:13
Blank
Box Cat
5 points

1 Votes
2 Answers
6.1K Views
Can we use the tax classification of "disregarded entity" for our LLC if all owners live and work outside the US?

We have registered a US LLC to help us get a US bank account. We are based in the UK, however we have some suppliers we import from in the US and we have clients who will purchase from us in the...

asked Nov 9 '11 at 22:24
Blank
Nikolay Piryankov
683 points

1 Votes
2 Answers
2.37K Views
How do I register to pay taxes?

I've started an LLC in quarter 2, did some work and got paid. It was a great amount of fun! Now the terrible part. I need to pay taxes. I'm okay with that. I knew the day would come. But the...

asked Jul 19 '11 at 13:22
Blank
Wjl
115 points

9 Votes
3 Answers
13.5K Views
How many times a year do LLC's have to file taxes?

If I start an LLC where I am the only owner, do I only have to file taxes once a year (without getting penalties of course)?

asked Apr 20 '10 at 06:49
Blank
Robert
80 points