LLC Questions

A corporate structure whose members cannot be held personally liable for the company's debts or liabilities. Combines characteristics of corporations and partnerships or sole proprietorship.

0 Votes
1 Answers
2.16K Views
Incorporating IT service consultant work under an LLC

I have a small number of clients for whom I provide IT and website hosting services on a recurring basis (all side-work). While I'm still just breaking even due to hardware/cloud expenses at the...

asked Jun 19 '12 at 03:00
Blank
Matt Beckman
132 points

4 Votes
2 Answers
1.92K Views
LLC questions for a one-man software shop

I have a few applications that I am about to release on the App Store. I have not yet received any revenue from these apps. I'm also not planning on making a lot of money from them. I'm considering...

LLC
asked Jun 20 '12 at 03:47
Blank
Ron Garrity
123 points

2 Votes
2 Answers
2.43K Views
I established a multi member LLC and want to elect taxation as an S Corp. What are EIN steps

I have established a multi member LLC and plan to elect taxation as an s corp. Do I obtain an EIN for the LLC (as a partnership) first and then file the form to be taxed as an S Corp. The...

asked Jun 30 '12 at 16:36
Blank
Kirk
11 points

1 Votes
1 Answers
1.75K Views
Being paid in equity. Can my poor credit rating negatively affect the business?

I'm a web developer, and I've been offered (in addition to cash) equity in the new business that will be based largely on the application I'm being hired to build. As someone who has been scraping...

asked Jun 10 '12 at 11:47
Blank
Jasonmklug
106 points

0 Votes
2 Answers
2.86K Views
I am starting a consulting firm. My client is in canada but will pay me in US currency. Should I create an LLC or S-corp

I live in California USA. I have a client in Toronto Canada. They are paying me in US dollars and require a corp-to-corp realationship. Should I create an LLC or S-corp?

asked Jun 15 '12 at 16:38
Blank
Mitch
1 point

1 Votes
1 Answers
3.84K Views
Choice of LLC Address when applying for EIN online

I was going through the online wizard in the IRS site to create an EIN and I got to a step where it asked me about my LLC Address. I have not filed my articles of organization yet so obviously I...

asked May 29 '12 at 04:11
Blank
Viriato
144 points

2 Votes
3 Answers
2.67K Views
LLC vs S Corp for a new business?

I am starting a new business in California and can't decide whether it should be an LLC or S Corp or an LLC as a S Corp. It would be a single person LLC or S Corp (no other shareholders or...

asked Jun 2 '12 at 07:21
Blank
Lynne
11 points

3 Votes
3 Answers
2.84K Views
Is it worth it to create an LLC through Nolo?

Situation I am in the process of educating myself about the inner workings of an LLC, it's forms of taxation, maximizing deductions, etc. through a couple of books from Nolo, along with Limited...

asked May 10 '12 at 07:03
Blank
Viriato
144 points

0 Votes
1 Answers
2.26K Views
Foreign LLC Fee for a non-US entity?

I'm thinking of working (as a contractor) for a Texas based business; I am interested in forming an LLC/LLP, and looking to do so in the most cost effective way. I read that A LLC must register as...

asked May 14 '12 at 04:33
Blank
User3262424
107 points

0 Votes
2 Answers
2.21K Views
Where Shall I Establish My LLC/LLP?

I am an engineer that will soon be having a sole client, an Austin, TX based company. I will be providing my services while working from my home office (in NY state); occassionally (say, once in a...

asked May 14 '12 at 06:56
Blank
User3262424
107 points

1 Votes
2 Answers
6.56K Views
How do I change my LLC's physical address and set up an out-of-state mailing address?

Last year, while living in Ohio, I incorporated a sole-proprietor LLC, with myself as the only agent. I have now moved to California. I don't want to dissolve my Ohio LLC and re-incorporate in...

LLC
asked May 16 '12 at 12:30
Blank
Max Cantor
106 points

0 Votes
2 Answers
2.53K Views
Help demystifying partnership pass-through taxation

Situation I am in the process of deciding which type of taxation to choose for my LLC. Up until this point I was leaning towards Partnership taxation because that is what LLC For Dummies was...

asked May 18 '12 at 07:09
Blank
Viriato
144 points

2 Votes
2 Answers
2.53K Views
Sole Member LLC Tax Advice

This sort of falls into personal finance and money but also has a lot to do with business so I am asking the question here. I have just recently started a LLC of which I am the sole member. I am...

asked May 20 '12 at 13:02
Blank
Jason
124 points

0 Votes
1 Answers
2.27K Views
steps required to receive payments from app store as a non-US resident

I'm a non-US citizen and have a couple of free iOS applications in the app store. Now, i want to create non-free versions, but i'm trying to gather what are the requirements that i would need in...

asked May 21 '12 at 00:29
Blank
Lurscher
101 points

1 Votes
2 Answers
2.18K Views
Freelancing Websites - Do I have to form an LLC (Massachusetts)?

Would I have to form an LLC to do freelance logo design and web design and development through sites like Guru and Elance? This business doesn't sound very risky so could I get away with forming a...

asked May 22 '12 at 01:39
Blank
Nickelpickle
55 points

1 Votes
1 Answers
5.23K Views
How to "pay" one self in a single member LLC w/ separate checking account?

I own a side company creating web apps. I formed an LLC, registered an EIN and opened a business checking account. Recently, I sold a copy of my software for let's say $10,000. Now, since...

asked Apr 28 '12 at 08:13
Blank
Luckytaxi
177 points

1 Votes
2 Answers
2.64K Views
Changing from self employed to an LLC

At the moment I work self employed as a web developer creating websites. One such website has become fairly popular and I'm considering adding trademarks etc, is it possible/straightforward to...

asked May 1 '12 at 01:08
Blank
Silver89
106 points

2 Votes
3 Answers
2.1K Views
Do I need to worry about estimated taxes if I hold a full time job?

Let's say I expect to generate $500/month of steady income from my side company (single member LLC). I work FT during the day and taxes are paid accordingly. Do I need to worry about estimated...

asked May 3 '12 at 12:48
Blank
Luckytaxi
177 points

0 Votes
3 Answers
2.22K Views
New LLC - Initial Investment

I have a newly formed LLC in California which I did through Legal Zoom. I understand I need to be careful with cash flow (with respect to where it comes from and goes). I am also in the process of...

asked May 5 '12 at 19:47
Blank
Jason
124 points

2 Votes
1 Answers
2.99K Views
Is it dangerous to buy equipment for a new LLC without guaranteed Income yet.

Hopefully I will manage to create an LLC pretty soon, within the next few weeks. I do not own a laptop and I was thinking in buying a laptop then I can write it off as a business expense. What...

asked May 8 '12 at 06:13
Blank
Viriato
144 points