Tax Structure Questions

1 Votes
2 Answers
3.09K Views
Can you avoid paying taxes by not living in any one country for more than 2 months?

This question might seem more negative than it is...I'm looking to travel the world and build my startup on-the-go. Would I need to pay income tax in any country if I don't stay in a country for...

asked Jul 1 '14 at 14:28
Blank
Willie Hudson
6 points

1 Votes
1 Answers
3.06K Views
Does incorporating your startup in another country for tax benefits negatively affect being able to raise money from VCs?

If we were to incorporate our company in another company (where one of our co-founder lives), would that seriously limit our ability to raise money from venture capital firms?The primary benefit to...

asked Jul 10 '14 at 20:14
Blank
Ronald Whittaker
7 points

0 Votes
2 Answers
2.52K Views
Help demystifying partnership pass-through taxation

Situation I am in the process of deciding which type of taxation to choose for my LLC. Up until this point I was leaning towards Partnership taxation because that is what LLC For Dummies was...

asked May 18 '12 at 07:09
Blank
Viriato
144 points

2 Votes
1 Answers
2.57K Views
I filed C-Corp tax returns as S-Corp will this be a problem?

I incorporated an S Corp using legalzoom services but they just created a C corp for me. I filed my tax returns as an S-corp with the IRS and the state. I had no activities with the company. I want...

asked Apr 4 '12 at 06:53
Blank
Zapoo
303 points

0 Votes
2 Answers
2.13K Views
Tax law benefits?

I am thinking about starting a small charity to help find and support the "untapped Genius" in everyday people or people that might otherwise just end up in a dead end job or unemployed. The...

asked Mar 21 '12 at 11:15
Blank
Amin Brodie
39 points

1 Votes
2 Answers
2.36K Views
Sole Developer setting up an offshore company for tax reasons

I am self-employed developer resident in an EU country. Currently working on a product that will be eventually be sold online. Over the years I’ve noticed that several smaller UK software companies...

asked Sep 16 '11 at 19:30
Blank
Canacourse
106 points

2 Votes
2 Answers
2.37K Views
Deciding on a tax structure

I wish to start a small business and while at first the goal will be to strengthen a community it would be nice to possible make money in the end. A group of us has gotten together to work on this...

asked Apr 20 '11 at 16:36
Blank
Ak Geek
11 points