Partnership Questions

2 Votes
2 Answers
1.77K Views
Venues to reach/hire freelancers cross-country

I'm a design agency who does client-work through freelancers, and I'm looking to hire/partner with people in other states and work with them remotely to expand my reach to cross-country. Think...

asked Nov 17 '11 at 00:09
Blank
Vic Goldfeld
111 points

0 Votes
1 Answers
1.98K Views
Dividing an LLC and bringing more partners down the road

I have been developing a game for 3 years now. And recently, a friend has joined me to work on the game with me. By next year, we plan to bring along an artist and musician to help us finish the...

asked Nov 6 '11 at 04:35
Blank
Vakey
8 points

0 Votes
4 Answers
2.47K Views
How to decide on a fair partnership model between two partners for a startup?

I and a friend are looking at a start up for a web product. He has come up with an idea and was looking at assembling a team in India for developing a prototype for the product. He is based in...

asked Oct 16 '11 at 23:57
Blank
Esha
1 point

0 Votes
1 Answers
2.4K Views
Splitting up a partnership

I been running a startup as a partnership since April of this year, my partner and I have slowly but surely gotten to the point where we can not work together anymore. I believe if we continue to...

asked Oct 19 '11 at 07:59
Blank
User13909
15 points

2 Votes
8 Answers
7.58K Views
20% equity and CTO. (Story and details). Is this fair?

This is a long exposition. Please bear with me, I think that I need to provide as much specifics as possible, while keeping it as short as possible. Thanks for reading, any feedback is much...

asked Sep 30 '11 at 05:22
Blank
Potential Partnership
13 points

3 Votes
1 Answers
2.21K Views
my non-working partner blocks the sale of the company

My partner and I started the company 7 years ago. Organically grown, After 2 years he left to his home country in the pretext of developing and helping me. While I managed everything here, he was...

asked Sep 10 '11 at 01:14
Blank
Frustrated Disappointed
16 points

2 Votes
1 Answers
2.25K Views
Invented a lighter to replace smoking lighters, how to start up without capital or experience?

Great site! I need help. I am a heavy smoker. Few months ago I invented 3 vaporization devices, made prototypes and started vaporizing instead of smoking. I use the devices vaporize tobacco in...

asked Sep 5 '11 at 14:18
Blank
Joe Chang
11 points

2 Votes
2 Answers
3.4K Views
How to (not) move ahead with my cofounder

I need some advice on how to handle the current situation with my co-founder. I am not happy working with him, we haven't signed any contracts or agreements, and he has put in a lot of hours over...

asked Aug 19 '11 at 00:18
Blank
Yes
128 points

0 Votes
2 Answers
2.22K Views
Equity sharing over an iphone app

I have an idea for an iphone app. I want to develop this app. I took an iphone class and tried to develop this app. However, I soon realized you have to be very good to develop a really good app....

asked Aug 3 '11 at 10:18
Blank
Rohit
3 points

0 Votes
2 Answers
2.27K Views
Are partnership payments divided up before or after expenses are deducted?

I recently started an llc with a partner..50/50. We both work on client, the money goes into the business account, and the expenses come out of the business account. We have set it up so that what...

asked Jul 26 '11 at 01:24
Blank
Laurie
1 point

1 Votes
2 Answers
3.48K Views
How should the profits be shared?

Imagine a scenario where two people set up a business. They contribute 50-50 in terms of investment. They split profit between them. Over time, only one of the partner now works for the business....

asked Jul 28 '11 at 00:25
Blank
Sid
44 points

4 Votes
2 Answers
2.36K Views
I am a US citizen and want to become a partner in a friend's UK startup

I am a US citizen and want to become a partner in a friend's UK startup, helping her start a branch office in the US. What is the best way to proceed with this? What forms need to be filled out?

asked Jun 25 '11 at 09:25
Blank
Cara
21 points

3 Votes
3 Answers
4.34K Views
Question on Partnership + Revenue Sharing

I founded a business about a year ago, and recently decided to take it in a new direction. Same name and premise, yet slightly different business model. I founded the company as a sole...

asked Apr 8 '11 at 06:17
Blank
Christopher Stuart
16 points

2 Votes
5 Answers
2.9K Views
What questions should I ask about stock option grants?

What are the right questions to ask when someone is providing stock options as a form of partnership?

asked Mar 3 '11 at 15:11
Blank
User8244
11 points

0 Votes
6 Answers
2.59K Views
Finding a Programmer in Northeast / NYC for Web 2.0 Company

Where can I find a programmer in the Northeast United States to become a co-founder for a Web 2.0 startup? To provide brief background: I do not have a coding background but have a strong business...

asked Oct 28 '09 at 04:57
Blank
Kris
4 points