Incorporation Questions

1 Votes
2 Answers
2.41K Views
Does an LLC provide equal liability protection as an S or C corp?

My early stage startup is at the point where we need to form a corporate entity. I've read a lot on the web and here about the advantages and disadvantages of the LLC vs C-Corp (and the tax...

asked Jan 12 '12 at 02:27
Blank
Paul Cezanne
649 points

2 Votes
3 Answers
2.06K Views
Can we release our application to public without being incorporated?

We are about to release a public beta for our website. I'm curious if it is safe to release to the general public without being incorporated? Do you see any downfalls of this move or should we wait...

asked Jan 12 '12 at 10:19
Blank
Gagan
150 points

2 Votes
3 Answers
2.13K Views
How important is it to present your SaaS as a corporation?

TL;DR: Would presenting your SaaS on the world web stage as created by a UK business (ltd), instead of by a continental European individual with a non-English sounding name, make a difference in...

asked Dec 29 '11 at 20:23
Blank
Danmaz74
381 points

2 Votes
2 Answers
2.31K Views
does anybody know of a non-us country with low cost of incorporation

so from what I've seen the US offers quite low incorporation cost (it appears that you can form an LLC just by a few hundred dollars) my question is, is there any other country that satisfy these...

asked Dec 31 '11 at 20:32
Blank
Kamikaze Pilot
253 points

4 Votes
3 Answers
2.16K Views
Set up C-Corp now or upon funding?

So I'm incorporating my start-up. For now, life is simple (single owner, little to no expenses or income). But if the product gains sufficient traction within the next year or two, I expect to...

asked Jan 6 '12 at 11:17
Blank
Ejain
163 points

2 Votes
4 Answers
2.48K Views
Three-person startup not sure which state to incorporate in

Currently forming a three-person startup; our members live in Tampa, Florida & Hayward, California & Arlington, Virginia. It will be a politics-based web game, and we are reasonably sure...

asked Dec 11 '11 at 07:33
Blank
Fox
126 points

1 Votes
1 Answers
2.34K Views
Incorporate C corp in US for a purpose of distribution / reseller

My company in Hong Kong is selling handphone accessories. We also have an online store. Because we have increasing customers in US, we are thinking to incorporate a company in US. This is to...

asked Dec 16 '11 at 14:12
Blank
Paul12
18 points

0 Votes
1 Answers
3.51K Views
What is the difference between incorporation, private ltd and limited?

I'm an IT student from India. I want to start a new IT company in India with the name for example "Simplesoft Incorporation". I want to know, what is the difference between using incorporation and...

asked Nov 23 '11 at 22:59
Blank
Amanjot Singh
1 point

0 Votes
4 Answers
2.6K Views
How can I get public business information regarding a small company?

I would like to verify the claims a small business is making, regarding ownership. How can I research this and see if they are making false claims, or misrepresenting the real nature of their...

asked Oct 3 '11 at 09:22
Blank
Makerofthings7
101 points

4 Votes
3 Answers
2.06K Views
Can I keep my S Corp open when the president wants to leave?

So I have a small S-Corp incorporated in New York State. The company really hasn't made any money, and is currently only used to hold a piece of IP. Both the President and I (the Vice President)...

asked Sep 23 '11 at 01:56
Blank
Camel Blues
185 points

1 Votes
1 Answers
2.4K Views
Do you pay self-employment taxes as an S-Corp?

I worked as a consultent for a number of years, just doing regular old programming gigs. While I was doing this I did my taxes as a sole-proprietorship. I had to pay marginal tax and...

asked Sep 20 '11 at 05:16
Blank
Edgar Miranda
230 points

3 Votes
2 Answers
2.81K Views
Incorporating in the U.S. as an undocumented immigrant

My business partner and I are currently a partnership. We run a business in which we publish apps to iOS and Android. We are generating enough profits that we want to incorporate so we can hire...

asked Sep 9 '11 at 02:00
Blank
User13211
18 points

2 Votes
3 Answers
2.56K Views
Novice questions on starting a business

Lets pretend I'm starting an on line company which sells email accounts; I have some (probably laughable) questions because I'm new to this: Do I have to register as a business with Companies...

asked Sep 10 '11 at 23:45
Blank
Jwbensley
113 points

1 Votes
2 Answers
2.41K Views
Online business and state registration?

I'd like to form an LLC for an online business in a state other than mine (I live in California), but am not sure about the state in which I should register the business afterward. The business...

asked Sep 12 '11 at 22:38
Blank
Claudia
52 points

1 Votes
1 Answers
2.26K Views
Few startups questions with Partner who has H1B status

Myself and two other partners are planning to start a C-Corporation. One of the partners is on H1B visa sponsored by his employer and he is getting a W2 from them. We have few questions: Can a...

asked Aug 23 '11 at 07:33
Blank
Gagan
150 points

4 Votes
1 Answers
2.16K Views
Foreigner opening online store in the USA

I'm from Europe, don't plan to move to the USA I will open an ONLINE store ONLY (no physical stores) Goods will be imported from Europe Shipping will be handled by the fulfillment company I am...

asked Aug 27 '11 at 09:04
Blank
Superbiz
21 points

5 Votes
3 Answers
2.47K Views
What does it mean to "do business in state X" if you are an online service?

I am curious, when it comes to incorporating or forming an LLC, a lot of legalese harps on how you need to file papers in the state you're doing business in. What if your startup a) does not take...

asked Aug 27 '11 at 09:51
Blank
Rio Akasaka
26 points

1 Votes
1 Answers
1.93K Views
tax implications of not assigning ip early enough to a startup from founder

I'm the sole founder of a startup and I've incorporated a delaware c-corp, but have not yet issued any shares. I'm putting all that legal stuff off so I can focus on product development. Plan is to...

asked Aug 16 '11 at 10:38
Blank
Gman
6 points

1 Votes
5 Answers
5.12K Views
Out-of-state LLC for Amazon Associates?

I'm planning on launching a website that revolves around product recommendations and reviews, which would make use of the Amazon API to take advantage of their affiliate program. I was surprised...

asked Aug 17 '11 at 18:33
Blank
Alex
1,156 points

1 Votes
1 Answers
2.33K Views
I want to sell my company after 1 year and would like to pay long term capital gains tax. Should I go for LLC ro C/S copr?

I have read some questions and asked some people. I have not got the answer. I understand the basic difference between LLC and C/S corp . I am not sure about long term capital gains tax. Suppose I...

asked Jul 28 '11 at 22:17
Blank
Skillguru
344 points