Incorporation Questions

0 Votes
1 Answers
2.03K Views
Paying Delaware franchise even if filed after the end of accounting year

Ok so this is somewhat urgent since the Delaware franchise tax is due in a day, but right as I was about to pay I had a question: Do I need to pay any franchise taxes this year even though I...

asked Feb 28 '13 at 18:05
Blank
Neon Blue Hair
66 points

7 Votes
1 Answers
2.2K Views
Which country to incorporate web startup in?

If we have a web startup originally targetting users from country A, but the majority of users end up to be from America, is it sufficient to have the company incorporated in country...

asked Mar 3 '13 at 19:30
Blank
Nyxynyx
193 points

5 Votes
4 Answers
2.38K Views
Will Your Employeer Find Out if You Incorporate? (United States)

If you work full-time for a large Fortune 100 company and register a Delaware corporation, will your employer find out about it? Obviously there is some public record, but is this something easy to...

asked Jan 30 '13 at 01:38
Blank
Paul
128 points

1 Votes
2 Answers
2.13K Views
Set up an American corporation for a foreign national

I know a US citizen, I'll refer to as Frank, who was approached by a friends brother, Harry, who owns a mobile data account management company in Canada. This company currently purchases accounts...

asked Feb 7 '13 at 06:52
Blank
Kyle Weller
108 points

0 Votes
2 Answers
2.65K Views
Will I REALLY save on taxes by incorporating offshore?

I'm about to launch a product and need to register a company (in order to handle payments for my product, and get a merchant account). I'll give specific information on my own situation below, but...

asked Jan 6 '13 at 00:25
Blank
Nick Budden
129 points

2 Votes
2 Answers
1.73K Views
Should a short term consultant incorporate?

I have recently been employed as a consultant doing software development for a company based in California (for around $100K). I am a US citizen and I am thinking of incorporating, mainly for the...

asked Dec 2 '12 at 21:14
Blank
System Down
113 points

1 Votes
4 Answers
2.45K Views
C-Corp vs LLC. How much more complex?

I am starting a technology business with my 50% partner. We are trying to decide between an LLC and a C-Corp. (We are in Michigan) In our case an S-Corp probably won't work too well. I've read a...

asked Dec 5 '12 at 10:00
Blank
Thread7
11 points

3 Votes
2 Answers
1.97K Views
Non-US Citizen Corporation

I'm not-US citizen that want to incorporate C-Corp. My company should based on advertisements as primary income. I will fly to US in order to open US bank account. I'm not intend to hiring...

asked Dec 7 '12 at 02:42
Blank
Terry
16 points

1 Votes
2 Answers
5.41K Views
Anual Report was Filed but 'NOT GOOD STANDING' according to Cyber Drive Illinois

I mailed in the Anual Report (with payment) for the company about a week before it was due but according to the Cyber Drive Illinois it has not been filed and the check has not been cashed. It is...

asked Dec 8 '12 at 09:02
Blank
Rudolph9
108 points

1 Votes
1 Answers
2.04K Views
Incorporated in US but expenses in another country?

I'm forming a US C corporation in Delaware. Paid the service fees to a lawyer and everything's ready to be filed. My goals are very simple as: Having a US presence for user credibility, Opening...

asked Nov 20 '12 at 17:07
Blank
Kavoir.Com
129 points

1 Votes
1 Answers
2.45K Views
What's the cost and paperwork of dissolving a Delaware corporation?

I have been working with my co-founder for the past year and recently we decided to part ways. However, about 2 months ago we incorporated our business in Delaware. Each of us is starting from...

asked Nov 21 '12 at 06:01
Blank
Rjgonzo
157 points

1 Votes
2 Answers
4.61K Views
Minimum Cost of Par Value for 10 million Common Shares (Delaware)

It is my understanding that many tech startups form their C Corp in Delaware and issue 10 million common shares for various reasons. My question has to do with Par Value per share. Most startups...

asked Nov 22 '12 at 04:08
Blank
Chris
120 points

0 Votes
2 Answers
2.93K Views
What legal documents should I receive after incorporation of a private company?

Few months ago, I started to incorporate a private company in India. Due to legal process overheads, I outsourced the task to a reputed law company. Now, whole process is almost finished. I want...

asked Nov 26 '12 at 23:29
Blank
Sachin Shekhar
260 points

0 Votes
1 Answers
2.09K Views
State of incorporation for remote workers

I have a single-member LLC and do programming contract work for clients. My LLC is incorporated in North Carolina, where I used to live, but I am currently and for the foreseeable future living in...

asked Nov 27 '12 at 03:43
Blank
John Z
216 points

1 Votes
1 Answers
2.06K Views
Tax Year & Incorporation Question

My partner & I just won $30,000 in a business plan competition. We haven't incorporated yet (and therefore haven't cashed the check). We plan on spending all the money to get the business...

asked Nov 28 '12 at 04:12
Blank
Thread7
11 points

1 Votes
2 Answers
2.22K Views
are there tax benefit considerations when choosing a fiscal year end for a canadian corporation?

For a canadian corporation, is there any tax considerations for choosing a specific date for the fiscal year end? (for example, is it different to end the year in April vs December in terms of tax...

asked Oct 24 '12 at 06:58
Blank
Dave
8 points

1 Votes
2 Answers
2K Views
How long does it take for a lawyer to incorporate and organize a startup?

Assuming just the typical documents are made such as shareholder agreement, bylaws, stock purchase agreement, IP agreements, etc.

asked Oct 25 '12 at 06:40
Blank
V B
24 points

1 Votes
1 Answers
2.15K Views
Reasons not to start as an S corporation for a small professional services firm

My understanding is that an S corporation is the easiest for a new firm, and can always be changed to a C corporation later. What are the reasons not to do it this way? The firm under...

asked Nov 3 '12 at 03:29
Blank
Math Attack
106 points

1 Votes
2 Answers
2.22K Views
Use a law firm to form c corp

Is it necessary to use a law firm to form a Delaware c corp with only 1 owner/shareholder? Can I just do that myself? even though I live in a different state?

asked Nov 4 '12 at 10:07
Blank
Emil
8 points

0 Votes
2 Answers
4.07K Views
How to incorporate a Delaware C-Corp for a startup with two founders?

My co-founder and I recently went through the process of incorporation. I just got back the documents for the filing of a Delaware C-Corp and noticed my lawyer setup my co-founder as director and...

asked Sep 1 '12 at 08:40
Blank
Rjgonzo
157 points