Incorporation Questions

3 Votes
3 Answers
2.32K Views
State to incorporate in and bank to work

My clients are primarily Americans. I want to open an LLC in US to let my clients pay me painlessly. I don't plan to have nor office neither employees in US. Which state should I prefer to...

asked Jan 4 '10 at 18:02
Blank
Alexander
16 points

0 Votes
1 Answers
5.43K Views
Subsidiary or Branch Abroad?

I've found a question that I found interesting, and would like some feedback as to what you all think..... Back-story: A web-based company wants to operate in foreign country to increase sales and...

asked Nov 26 '09 at 04:09
Blank
Nbeecroft
515 points

3 Votes
3 Answers
2.72K Views
What are the pitfalls of incorporating *after* launching a new website with partner(s)?

A friend and I are working on a website which we hope to launch before the end of the year. We would like to put off the actual incorporation for as long as possible (legal, accounting, & other...

asked Dec 6 '09 at 07:47
Blank
John Mac Intyre
1,086 points

5 Votes
3 Answers
6K Views
Why don't investors like to invest in an LLC?

I have read that if you are raising money, that an LLC is a dispreferred vehicle for your company. Why do investors not like to invest in an LLC?

asked Nov 18 '09 at 07:34
Blank
Joseph Turian
895 points

2 Votes
4 Answers
3.66K Views
Reasonable budget to prepare a shareholder agreement

What's a reasonable budget for forming a proper shareholder agreement in a new start up, formed as a corporation to be owned between 4 founder/shareholders? I understnad there's some variation...

asked Nov 3 '09 at 04:16
Blank
Michael
250 points

5 Votes
9 Answers
5.9K Views
Are LLC and "S Corporation" the same thing? What are the differences?

From what I have read, both LLCs and S-Corps give you the benefits of a Corporation for legal purposes while avoiding double taxation. However, I can't determine what the difference between the...

asked Nov 5 '09 at 23:08
Blank
El Presidente
26 points

6 Votes
4 Answers
4.54K Views
Should I establish a parent company instead of forming my business entirely around one website?

My entrepreneurial dream was not to run just one web site. It's to make web-based services and desktop software for the Academic market. It just happens that the first product I was able to...

asked Oct 22 '09 at 02:21
Blank
Rob Allen
631 points

1 Votes
3 Answers
2.59K Views
How do I weight the risk/benefit of incorporating as a non-profit verses an for profit LLC?

I have a start-up that could potentially qualify for non-profit 501(c)(3) status (an educational Q&A website for a specific branch of Psychology). The business would incur some debt and have...

asked Oct 13 '09 at 10:09
Blank
Rob Allen
631 points

2 Votes
3 Answers
2.79K Views
Several web projects with different co-founders under one company

I've been working on several web applications of my own. For each web app I have different co-founders and I own more than 70% of each app. I decided to incorporate a company (in BC, Canada) for...

asked Oct 14 '09 at 05:15
Blank
Boolean
388 points

2 Votes
4 Answers
9K Views
Seller permit to sell online in US for non resident

I am a non resident of US. I'm setting up this online store where you can buy consumer products - targeted at US market. When I approached wholesale suppliers who don't have any affliate model they...

asked Oct 10 '09 at 13:12
Blank
Jyothirmayee
11 points

4 Votes
7 Answers
4.92K Views
Different ways to incorporate your startup

Is there a consensus on the best type of corporation for a startup? Is it best to start with a Limited Liability Corporation (LLC)? Would an S-Corp be better? Or is it best to go with a full...

asked Oct 11 '09 at 01:14
Blank
D Thrasher
894 points