Incorporation Questions

1 Votes
2 Answers
2.07K Views
Are there any hidden gotchas to choosing different fiscal year?

I'm setting up a C-Corporation (its Mid October at time of this writing) and planning a Kickstarter project projecting to raise $100k in funds by late November. As I understanding, KS funds are...

asked Oct 10 '13 at 04:13
Blank
Michael Lang
16 points

1 Votes
3 Answers
2.07K Views
Is it better to incorporate when deciding to design software and market it yourself?

Suppose I had an idea for a software and I wanted to hire offshore developers/contractors to help me with this idea. Would it be more efficient/better for me if I incorporated? Will IP...

asked Sep 14 '13 at 01:44
Blank
B Dillan
13 points

2 Votes
1 Answers
1.75K Views
Where will a two people company do business?

I'm planing to startup a company, that will operate online, with one more person. We are not from the United States but we would like to incorporate it there. Maybe Delaware or California, we are...

asked Sep 22 '13 at 12:12
Blank
Diego Armando Rincon
113 points

0 Votes
2 Answers
2.23K Views
how to declare a solopreneurship

Let's say I want to start consulting. I have a name in mind for my one-person business. Can I just.... call it that? Do I have to jump through any hoops to make it official?

asked Sep 27 '13 at 00:11
Blank
Walrus The Cat
106 points

1 Votes
2 Answers
2.42K Views
Should we call our company a company, or an incorporation, or an LTD?

We're a software company, including like 35 employees, working in a very specific field. We have 3 stakeholders, and each of them have like 30 percent of the overall shares. We just can't...

asked Sep 7 '13 at 18:14
Blank
Saeed Neamati
153 points

4 Votes
3 Answers
2.33K Views
When to create the business entity?

If I'm moonlighting and building the product at night and on weekends - at what point does it make sense to establish a business entity (e.g. LLC, Inc, etc)? Would this make sense to only happen...

asked Aug 13 '13 at 22:23
Blank
Code Talk
253 points

1 Votes
2 Answers
3.69K Views
Can I incorporate in USA if i'm not resident and not American?

I'm a foreign national, and resident in a different foreign country. I have no ties to USA, and no intention to hire any employees there. Can I still register a company (e.g. C Corp)? If it is...

asked Aug 14 '13 at 12:26
Blank
Steve
310 points

1 Votes
0 Answers
2K Views
Starting a Testing Company

My friend has been working in the Semi conductor chip testing business as a contractor for some time now. A thought came to me and I asked him if it was possible that we could mimic the way he is...

asked Aug 15 '13 at 23:38
Blank
User27444
6 points

1 Votes
1 Answers
4.19K Views
What is a good structure for a partnership MOU?

When two or more people are evaluating a business model, they may desire to have a MOU (memorandum of understanding) to document their expectations about how they will share responsibilities and...

asked Aug 17 '13 at 00:09
Blank
New Alexandria
221 points

0 Votes
2 Answers
3.31K Views
Question About C-Corp, Shareholder, and Officer

Person A wants to start a C-Corp in California operating a news website. He is wondering if the following form is legal? A is the only Shareholder and the only Director owning 100% equity. A will...

asked May 21 '13 at 11:29
Blank
User26315
6 points

1 Votes
2 Answers
1.79K Views
Form 1 Corporation for Multiple Small Businesses?

I am currently doing Freelance work as a programmer. I also would like to try a few ideas for some small Drop-shipping style eCommerce websites. What I am wanting to know, is can I form a single...

asked May 22 '13 at 07:38
Blank
Jasondavis
111 points

0 Votes
1 Answers
1.85K Views
Incorporate company for running a web2.0 website to be used globally

I live in India. I need to start a social networking site here for the indian users as well as spread it to users abroad in USA, Europe, Australia. As of now, I start as a 1-man startup. I need to...

asked May 22 '13 at 21:01
Blank
User01
106 points

1 Votes
3 Answers
1.55K Views
Is it a good idea to use the same name as an inactive/void company

What are some concerns about forming a new company that has the same name as an inactive/void company?

asked May 28 '13 at 12:38
Blank
John
8 points

1 Votes
3 Answers
2.32K Views
Language for Articles of Organization LLC Ownership

I am in the process of drafting the articles of organization for my LLC. I would like to specify in there, that the ownership of the LLC is specified with units, and LLC members receive a certain...

asked May 2 '13 at 13:27
Blank
Olli
89 points

0 Votes
1 Answers
2.52K Views
Domain name confusion

Intended name for my startup seems to be free to use. A search in global/eu/us trademark databases all returned no entity with the same name. TLDs with my domain are either free or offered for...

asked May 9 '13 at 05:15
Blank
Eneyee
6 points

1 Votes
1 Answers
2.1K Views
Setting up daughter companies?

I have a federally incorporated company, lets call it Company INC, and a bank account for it. The company activity is listed as a technology company, but I want to branch out and do some more...

asked Apr 6 '13 at 07:08
Blank
Stan Trying A Startup
108 points

2 Votes
1 Answers
1.78K Views
Startup advice on business structure for an international call center

I'm Canadian and living in Canada and I have a professional friend who is American and living in the States. He and I want to start a call center. The operation will be centered around him for...

asked Mar 25 '13 at 04:43
Blank
User25605
11 points

4 Votes
2 Answers
3.01K Views
Co-Founder of Company wants to quit

I have a unique problem that I was hoping to get some clarity on. The Co-Founder of our business (in Canada) wants to end the business and get out. The company has been operating for 3 years and...

asked Mar 31 '13 at 15:21
Blank
Ben
23 points

1 Votes
1 Answers
1.95K Views
Can I resubmit under my company an abandon patent that was under my name?

If I submitted a patent under my personal name and it was abandoned, can I later resubmit or rather submit it under my company name?

asked Mar 7 '13 at 11:07
Blank
Sdm
6 points

0 Votes
2 Answers
5.12K Views
Can I incorporate my internet business in California/Delaware without a "physical address"?

I am planning a startup in internet space and I live in California. I do not wish to use my home address as the place-of-business (physical) address in the incorporation documents due to concerns...

asked Mar 18 '13 at 18:45
Blank
Joe Black
22 points