Incorporation Questions

7 Votes
3 Answers
2.3K Views
Creating a Business for Side Programming

I'm an Android developer that has made money over some of the apps I've created in the past year. I have no corporate filing so I am currently considered a sole proprietor in the state of Florida....

asked Jan 2 '11 at 14:28
Blank
Futon
46 points

5 Votes
3 Answers
3.06K Views
Which is better to incorporate Austin or Delaware?

We are planning to form a company for online e-commerce sale and would like to know which is better location - Austin (TX) or Delaware for the following: Ease of formation (we are in India, and...

asked Jan 11 '11 at 03:32
Blank
Manuj
51 points

1 Votes
3 Answers
2.12K Views
Is there any kind of "Charging Order" protection for S-Corps?

Can personal creditors issue Charging Orders against your interest in an S-Corp, and are there ways to protect against this?

asked Dec 24 '10 at 13:41
Blank
Noli
131 points

5 Votes
3 Answers
2.77K Views
Does it matter which state I incorporate in if I don't live in the US?

I'm a US citizen, and would like to start an internet company in the US, however I don't live in the US. As my kind of work can be done virtually, a physical presence isn't necessary. Typically...

asked Dec 24 '10 at 21:17
Blank
Noli
131 points

4 Votes
5 Answers
2.79K Views
Should I incorporate my project into a company?

I am working on a project which just finished its prototype, and will start internal testing soon. There are 3 of members in my team, and we are considering of start trying AI or participating...

asked Dec 6 '10 at 13:03
Blank
D.J
121 points

7 Votes
6 Answers
6.99K Views
Can I purchase a domain name now or wait until incorporated?

I've just begun the process of incorporation but would like to secure a domain name. How does this work? Do I need to purchase the domain name underneath the incorporation? Or can I purchase now...

asked Dec 8 '10 at 03:56
Blank
Ryan
162 points

1 Votes
2 Answers
2.38K Views
Is the Secretary of State the general office, state to state, for registering a company?

All varying acronyms of incorporation aside, what exceptions (i.e. particular states) are there to the assumption that from state to state, if I need to register my company (for whatever particular...

asked Dec 1 '10 at 02:03
Blank
Mfg
246 points

4 Votes
3 Answers
2.14K Views
Is an experienced accountant necessary for an s-corp formation?

I need to form an s-corp in Delaware. The corporation will be taking on angel funding as soon as it is formed. I have retained an attorney experienced in the formation & funding processes. The...

asked Nov 11 '10 at 09:13
Blank
Alex
23 points

4 Votes
3 Answers
2.68K Views
Start-up IP dispute in Canadian Corp

I'm currently in an intellectual property dispute over software I developed in a new start-up (Canadian corp). It was written under the false pretense that I would have 25% ownership of the...

asked Nov 11 '10 at 09:27
Blank
Adrian Schneider
456 points

2 Votes
3 Answers
3.69K Views
Authorized number of shares in C-corp

I am planning to setup a C-Corp and I don't really understand about the shares and other stuff... a) How many authorized shares should I initially start with ? b) What kind of shares should I...

asked Nov 13 '10 at 06:03
Blank
User2351
56 points

1 Votes
4 Answers
2.3K Views
full-service incorporation/taxes/etc... firm - worth it? recommendations?

I'm interested in forming a one-man LLC in California, to do a website software-as-a-service (SaaS) business. But the more I look into it, it seems like a lot of paperwork and tax filings (e.g....

asked Nov 15 '10 at 20:49
Blank
Dustin Boswell
153 points

0 Votes
3 Answers
3.22K Views
Set-up Online Store (e-commerce) in USA

We are based in India and wish to set-up online store of Organic Products (Food and Textile) in USA under a brand name. I have few questions about this: - Do we need to set-up a company there i.e....

asked Oct 26 '10 at 18:44
Blank
Manuj
51 points

3 Votes
3 Answers
2.71K Views
Cheapest way to llc/merchant account?

My current startup(which consists of two) is going through incorporation, registering the merchant account and hooking it up with Braintree. I saw Jason L Baptiste's interview on Mixergy where he...

asked Nov 1 '10 at 04:14
Blank
Emil Hajric
161 points

0 Votes
1 Answers
1.9K Views
Looking up US company details

I'm trying to find out a little bit of information about a US company before potentially doing some work for them. If I wanted to find out about a company in the UK, I would search on the...

asked Oct 14 '10 at 22:08
Blank
Dan Dyer
657 points

2 Votes
2 Answers
2.17K Views
Incorporating: Classify "Doing business in"?

I've been looking into incorporating with a partner, and we're both in different states, and obviously looking over Delaware's incorporation laws. With incorporation, each state says that you need...

asked Sep 24 '10 at 05:02
Blank
Adam
205 points

2 Votes
3 Answers
3.34K Views
Under what scenario would an out of state LLC NOT have to be registered?

There are a number of people asking somewhat similar questions on here, and typically the answer is a combination of: "You need to register as an out of state LLC" "There is no reason to not...

asked Oct 2 '10 at 02:08
Blank
User4581
11 points

3 Votes
4 Answers
2.23K Views
Co-founding with someone I don't know very well

I am starting a company without enough money to pay a second person a salary, but I need the help. I've found someone who seems great - his previous work is beautiful, he has already done some good...

asked Oct 6 '10 at 06:30
Blank
Riley
193 points

5 Votes
3 Answers
3.88K Views
c-corp tech startup with expenses but no income - worth getting a bank account and accounting services for writeoffs?

I recently formed a c-corp and am looking for outside investment very soon. I'm paying out of pocket for startup expenses (office lease, office equipment, software licenses, etc). I will spend...

asked Oct 7 '10 at 02:07
Blank
User4683
28 points

2 Votes
6 Answers
3.64K Views
Starting an online business...do we need to incorporate?

My wife and I have a name and concept for an e-commerce website. Do we need to incorporate? We're basically going to be selling things that people can download and print. I know that one of the...

asked Sep 22 '10 at 13:31
Blank
Milesmeow
163 points

1 Votes
3 Answers
2.61K Views
Wanting to create another startup, should I create another LLC?

I already have one "startup" going, which is my web development job on the side. I have created an LLC for that. I now what to start another startup in a whole other industry. It will basically...

asked Sep 23 '10 at 22:52
Blank
Martin
1,340 points