Shares Questions

2 Votes
1 Answers
2.14K Views
Investor Share Dilution Protection

When an investor invests an amount in a startup company exchange for equity, how do they protect themselves from being significantly diluted by a larger investor? And is that even an issue?

asked May 10 '11 at 07:30
Blank
Pate
306 points

6 Votes
3 Answers
16.2K Views
How do you actually setup a vesting agreement for co-founders w/out breaking the budget?

I'm based in Hong Kong. I've read through a lot of information about share vesting for co-founders and realized that is definitely the solution I want. I'm now trying to figure out how to actually...

asked Apr 29 '11 at 11:04
Blank
Asim Hussain
41 points

2 Votes
3 Answers
4.61K Views
Co-founders unequal shares but how about initial capital injection?

Currently I'm working on a project together with 1 co-founder and soon we are going to incorporate a company. We agreed that I get 70% shares and he gets 30% . The reason is because I started the...

asked Apr 20 '11 at 22:08
Blank
Paul12
18 points

8 Votes
2 Answers
3.86K Views
How can a past employee protect themselves against share dilution?

What is share dilution? How can I, as a past employee of a company where I exercised my share options, know if my shares are subject to dilution? How can I protect myself in future from share...

asked Apr 23 '11 at 01:24
Blank
Nissan Dookeran
177 points

3 Votes
5 Answers
2.69K Views
How do I share a startup reasonably?

I posted on Craig's List looking for help developing an idea into a web app. Since there's no money/funding/compensation the thinking is we would take a percentage of the company and the income it...

asked Apr 12 '11 at 08:32
Blank
Crashintoty
18 points

1 Votes
2 Answers
3.24K Views
Internet startup - ownership share - developers vs biz people?

this is really good advice about ownership shares in a startup company. But the advice is also very general. E.g. in the startup phase developers are extremely important - without them - there is...

asked Apr 14 '11 at 23:41
Blank
Andreas
118 points

2 Votes
6 Answers
3.22K Views
How much equity am I worth?

I had a problem that required a database solution. I designed the concept of the database and over a 2 year period developed a crude system that worked. In trying to find help with the...

asked Apr 17 '11 at 11:43
Blank
Paul
11 points

11 Votes
4 Answers
4.3K Views
Developer, offered share in small startup company in return for large rate reduction - advice needed

I currently work freelance as the sole software engineer for a small but promising startup company. I've been working with them for a several months, converting their "demo ware" software into...

asked Apr 2 '11 at 18:47
Blank
Bomb Defused
227 points

1 Votes
2 Answers
3.21K Views
What are the differences between stocks, stock pool, shares?

Have read lots of different terms. I have no idea how they differ from one another. Things like, 20% stock pool for employees, and 1 million stocks, etc. Can someone enlighten me? Thank you.

asked Mar 16 '11 at 14:22
Blank
Victor
593 points

2 Votes
2 Answers
1.95K Views
Reporting Founder Changes to the IRS

Last year, I incorporated with two other people who, at the time, were all about the project on which we were working. The project eventually fell flat due to loss of interest on their parts....

asked Feb 4 '11 at 12:23
Blank
Shaun
261 points