Shares Questions

1 Votes
1 Answers
1.81K Views
Is it unattractive to investors if I have a 51% Anti-Dilution Provision?

Will investors be turned off if i own 51% of the company and have an Anti-Dilution clause that keeps me at 51%? I expect I will go through several rounds of 3rd party investing in my start-up.

asked Oct 29 '12 at 06:02
Blank
Dragonman
120 points

0 Votes
1 Answers
1.62K Views
Repercussions maintaining ownership to a company I am not actively contributing to

I am a co-founder of an LLC and because of some very heavy issues that has come about, I haven't been an active team member. The business has been around for a few years and, like everyone else who...

asked Oct 1 '12 at 14:57
Blank
Charlie
1 point

1 Votes
1 Answers
2.41K Views
Partnership disagreement

My business partner and I have formed a partnership, we are in the process of drafting our partnership agreement. One of the points that he wants on there is: If one of the partners leaves they...

asked Sep 1 '12 at 03:02
Blank
Ryan Murphy
108 points

3 Votes
1 Answers
3.35K Views
How to structure even number of board of directors?

We are in the process of setting up a board structure for our startup. Everybody on the board will have their own veto rights on important matters, such as capital injection, spending limits,...

asked Sep 12 '12 at 19:27
Blank
Jaxons
16 points

3 Votes
2 Answers
1.83K Views
New shareholder class for special dividend?

This is more so theory than plans, and this is the only stack exchange that talks about corporate structure Is it possible to make a new shareholder class, arbitrarily, solely for the distribution...

asked Sep 17 '12 at 10:36
Blank
Cqm
137 points

0 Votes
0 Answers
1.73K Views
Shares to programmers

Possible Duplicate: Forming a new software startup, how do I allocate ownership fairly? So I friend of mine has this idea for a kind of social network based on video blogging, for obvious...

asked Aug 21 '12 at 03:14
Blank
J Striedinger
1 point

1 Votes
1 Answers
2.16K Views
Tricky Stock Creation Scenario

My partners and I own a couple business'. They are both LLC's. We want to start a third as a shell corporation which will own the other two by way of shares not the LLC partner names on everything...

asked Aug 22 '12 at 02:23
Blank
Matt Akers
118 points

2 Votes
2 Answers
2.2K Views
Can a firm buy itself?

Suppose you got scammed by an incubator, who is however apparently willing to sell his shares (which are now worth a couple times more than the initial injection (which effectively did...

asked Aug 7 '12 at 15:16
Blank
User35945
23 points

1 Votes
2 Answers
2.8K Views
Am I a cofounder and how many equity shares should I take?

An engineer creates a product with most fundamental functions and is almost ready to establish a new company. He wants me to be in charge of the marketing for the new company/product. For now, only...

asked Jun 11 '12 at 00:53
Blank
Thomas Jackson
6 points

1 Votes
2 Answers
1.71K Views
How many shares in my case?

I recently joined a small company who has been established for a year and doing outsourcing. It doesn't have tech employees and what they do is to take customer request and find outsourcing...

asked Jun 13 '12 at 11:53
Blank
Perlwle
23 points

1 Votes
2 Answers
2.05K Views
Need approval to sell shares in limited company?

If I and an investor own 50% of the outstanding shares in a limited company each, can I transfer some of my shares to another entity without the investor's (or any other shareholders') approval?...

asked May 29 '12 at 11:39
Blank
Kate
99 points

1 Votes
4 Answers
5.39K Views
Advice on percentage to bring designer to startup

I'm working on a startup based on my partner's idea. It's a social website. My partner is not not a technical guy but the one with the original idea, he had previous experience with a successful...

asked Apr 27 '12 at 03:58
Blank
Willvv
138 points

-1 Votes
2 Answers
1.61K Views
Equity splits for new company are threatening to tear it apart before it gets off the ground

hope to get a few outside opinions here. The cast of the saga: "M" - the "idea person", has experience, has (or will have) money from property in near future, unemployed at present "B" - A...

asked Apr 19 '12 at 07:14
Blank
C Uk
4 points

5 Votes
1 Answers
2.05K Views
How old does one legally have to be to start/own a share in a company in the US?

I am 18 but my co-founder is 17. (In other words, I am able to sign a binding contract, he is not.) We are getting ready to incorporate our startup — but is my co-founder old enough to start, and...

asked Apr 25 '12 at 02:23
Blank
David Kendal
28 points

1 Votes
1 Answers
2.34K Views
Vesting restricted stock and the 83(b) Election

Is it possible to have a Section 83(b) Election when the only risk of forfeiture of the restricted stock is for unvested shares and there are no repurchase rights for vested shares (ie all vested...

asked Apr 13 '12 at 13:54
Blank
Jj.
29 points

0 Votes
1 Answers
2.12K Views
Employee Stock Options Plans effect on SEC Registration Requirements

Companies that have $10 million in assets and 500 shareholders of record are currently required to register with the Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) and are thus subject, among other...

asked Mar 26 '12 at 07:38
Blank
Blunders .
899 points

0 Votes
0 Answers
2.29K Views
Looking for specific suggestion regarding company shares

Possible Duplicate: Forming a new software startup, how do I allocate ownership fairly? I just want to say that I've read a lot of threads regarding this subject, including the most popular one...

asked Mar 28 '12 at 14:38
Blank
User1202888
1 point

0 Votes
1 Answers
3.16K Views
Startup equity share among co-founders: What is the fair thing to do

In a startup company, there are 4 people involved, and all of them work on a sweat equity basis. Here are the people and their role: Person #1: Helped shape the idea with person #2. One of the two...

asked Mar 20 '12 at 06:44
Blank
Dave
1 point

3 Votes
4 Answers
2.41K Views
Am I a co-founder?

I'm trying to figure out what my role is... Backstory: Late last year (October/November) I was asked by an acquaintance If I'd be keen to help develop a SaaS product that he & his brother had...

asked Mar 4 '12 at 16:42
Blank
Kyebosh
18 points

1 Votes
2 Answers
3.03K Views
Dividing equity among cofounders when one person is doing most of the work

I shared my startup idea with two of my best friends and it seemed like a great thing to do at the time. The entire thing basically revolves around a particular kind of content and let's just say...

asked Feb 12 '12 at 20:44
Blank
Aviraldg
111 points