Ycombinator Questions

1 Votes
0 Answers
Are there any startup accelerators like YCombinator for High School students?

I'm exploring a potentially untapped market and wondering if there are any accelerators or incubators that specifically target high school students?

asked Jul 26 '14 at 02:43
Blank
Jolene Knarr
7 points

0 Votes
1 Answers
Why do many YC companies use BrainTree instead of Stripe (which is also funded by YC)?

Usually YC companies use each other's products as a show of support. Yet so many companies (AirBnB and DropBox being just a couple of examples) use BrainTree.Are there some benefits to using...

asked Mar 29 '14 at 11:56
Blank
Thomas Goodlow
34 points

0 Votes
1 Answers
How much management fees do seed stage VCs and incubators (like YCombinator) charge?

If I were to start an early stage fund or incubator, what % should I charge as management fees to partners who invest in the fund?

asked Mar 18 '14 at 16:27
Blank
Janice Bishop
40 points

0 Votes
1 Answers
Does YCombinator discriminate on age?

Almost all startups they fund are people in the early to mid 20s. Numerous people have spoken about the blatant age discrimination that goes on in the valley.Wouldn't investors be more interested...

asked Mar 21 '14 at 11:11
Blank
Max Mach
25 points

0 Votes
1 Answers
Could building your own personal brand hinder your company if you decide to leave? Ex: YCombinator under Sam Altman now instead of Paul Graham.

While your company would definitely benefit if you create a strong personal brand, would that create a problem if you later decide to leave the company?Paul Graham has been the force behind...

asked Mar 3 '14 at 13:28
Blank
Steven Shisler
90 points

1 Votes
2 Answers
Why is silicon valley, and YCombinator / Paul Graham in particular, opposed to funding solo founders?

I have been a solo founder my whole life and have managed to start several businesses without the need for outside funding. Yet, when I decided to explore my options and try to join an incubator...

asked Feb 13 '14 at 17:16
Blank
User30118
6 points

0 Votes
1 Answers
Do you need form a corporation before joining an incubator like YC?

We'd like to keep expenses at a bare minimum so hoping we can avoid paying a lawyer to get incorporated for now. Since we'll just be building the product the first three months anyway, we don't...

asked Feb 10 '14 at 03:16
Blank
Tylar Michaelson
41 points

3 Votes
1 Answers
2.84K Views
What questions are asked at the YCombinator interview?

My startup has been selected to fly over to Mountain View and interview for YCombinator. What are some of the types of questions we can expect Paul Graham to ask us?

asked Jan 29 '14 at 18:41
Blank
Tylar Michaelson
41 points

1 Votes
1 Answers
Organisational structure of investing / consulting LLCs? (by example of seed accelerator Y Combinator)

I wonder how companies like Y Combinator are structured. Y Combinator is a seed accelerator, investing in and consulting businesses. On Y Combinator's web site, there is a list of partners. Y...

asked Jun 22 '13 at 21:58
Blank
Feklee
148 points

2 Votes
6 Answers
1.52K Views
Standard Articles of Incorporation Documents - resources

What are the best incorporation (and related) document resources? Are the YCombinator incorporation docs available? There are a number of 'model' or 'open source' documents for a startup's first...

asked Jan 25 '12 at 15:50
Blank
Chris Busselle
36 points

2 Votes
2 Answers
Do I need a technical co-founder to apply to Y Combinator?

There are two of us already on the team and have some knowledge of programming but no qualifications. Do you think we will be disadvantaged by not having a technical co-founder?

asked Sep 18 '11 at 22:08
Blank
Logi Kal
37 points

0 Votes
2 Answers
How many of the YC interviewees get offered a place in a batch?

How many people get asked for an interview and how many get offered a place in a YC batch?

asked Sep 21 '11 at 01:18
Blank
Logi Kal
37 points