Wordpress Questions

2 Votes
3 Answers
6.26K Views
Why does Wordpress have such a strong-hold on CMS marketshare?

Customizing Wordpress (apart from using themes) is very hard and it's all a bunch of spaghetti PHP code. Yet their marketshare keeps increasing over the years.Why hasn't another CMS platform that...

asked Jun 21 '15 at 13:58
Blank
Chris Jenkins
11 points

1 Votes
1 Answers
3.65K Views
How do I automatically post new Wordpress posts to Twitter, Facebook, Pinterest, Google+?

All the plugins I've tried have not worked, and the sites that I've tried want my passwords. I'm not comfortable with that. No plugin seems to be able to post to Pinterest (high priority). Google+...

asked Nov 7 '14 at 05:45
Blank
Starrychloe S.
83 points

2 Votes
1 Answers
2.18K Views
Wordpress managed hosting for business

What options do I have besides using a shared host or setting up my own Wordpress instance? I want a service that I can rely, that can scale when needed and provide a good support. Please...

asked Jul 12 '11 at 19:48
Blank
Tiago
333 points

3 Votes
6 Answers
4.68K Views
e-commerce store using wordpress

I am considering setting up a e-commerce store for a friend's retailing shop. What I am interested in is a solution that is easy to maintain in terms of administration (insert new products, new...

asked Apr 4 '11 at 01:08
Blank
Alex G
16 points

2 Votes
6 Answers
3.35K Views
Is it a good idea to create a new app on WordPress?

Is it a good idea to use WordPress as the base for a startup app? Would a VC invest in an app if it was built on WordPress, regardless of the idea? The app, for example, is a photosharing site...

asked Feb 17 '11 at 15:19
Blank
Sirwan Qutbi
14 points

0 Votes
3 Answers
3.09K Views
Can you refer step by step study material for creating wordpress blog

I am a newbie to Wordpress and have set up a hosted blog with wordpress but the default theme is not what i am looking for. I am looking for a theme that is SEO optimised and then also have the...

asked Jan 6 '11 at 04:05
Blank
Beginning Steps
50 points

9 Votes
7 Answers
3.17K Views
How to turn a WordPress plugin into a business?

Over the past two years, I've developed a relatively successful WordPress plugin. It started out as a hobby project, but now I'd like to try and turn it into a business. About the plugin Checks...

asked Dec 3 '10 at 04:03
Blank
Janis Elsts
146 points

1 Votes
5 Answers
2.67K Views
Premium Wordpress Theme recommendation?

I am looking for a premium Wordpress theme for a site about fashion. I want it to look very good. So far I have found this one which looks pretty good to...

asked Oct 11 '10 at 23:01
Blank
Tucson
714 points

11 Votes
7 Answers
4.23K Views
What to do when a 800 pound gorilla enters your business?

We had launched blogVault, a wordpress backup service, about a month back. A week later, Automattic, the company behind Wordpress, launches Vaultpress, to massive coverage. This service does pretty...

asked May 6 '10 at 17:47
Blank
User3348
175 points

1 Votes
2 Answers
1.8K Views
Adsense for Wordpresss?

We are using adsense plugin for our blog http://www.skill-guru.com/blog/ This plugin is not very good and I do not see much better options. At the end of the blog, I want to display the ad ....

asked Apr 3 '10 at 04:47
Blank
Skillguru
344 points

1 Votes
2 Answers
2.63K Views
Creating a simple database environment in WordPress?

I have .csv file of store names/addresses/phone numbers that I want to convert into a database. Somewhere down the line this database will be large/elaborate (imagine entries similar to Yelp), but...

asked Feb 16 '10 at 07:27
Blank
Aae
75 points

4 Votes
6 Answers
3.55K Views
wordpress or blogger

I am planning to start a blog that publishes information about our company and developments in the area of education and technology. Any pointers on which is better and more feature rich, Wordpress...

asked Dec 31 '09 at 22:46
Blank
Kabir
96 points