Social Media Questions

1 Votes
1 Answers
2.23K Views
Why is social media marketing important and what does it really involve doing?

With all the constant buzz about social media marketing, what does someone working as a social media marketer do? Is the core to get likes / tweets on content or does it entail more than that?

asked Feb 13 '14 at 18:47
Blank
User30119
6 points

9 Votes
1 Answers
2.71K Views
Has using the Facebook Like button been beneficial for your business?

I know it's still relatively early in the life span of the Facebook Like button, but I'm curious if anyone here has had a positive ROI from using it. Did it result in increased sales, profits,...

asked Jun 21 '10 at 15:05
Blank
Mike Lee
1,356 points

0 Votes
2 Answers
2.33K Views
How do you measure your B2B startup marketing ROI?

How do you measure your B2B startup marketing ROI? What's the main difference between SMM ROI for a startup and a corporation? The goal should be the same, find prospects, nurture relationships,...

asked Sep 25 '13 at 18:40
Blank
Rutada
1 point

1 Votes
1 Answers
1.97K Views
How to generate revenue from a website using visitor counts? Is there a standard way for doing it?

I want to build a web application that would showcase realestate properties of different owners. One way to generate revenue from this is charging for their property posting and for featured...

asked Mar 18 '13 at 02:10
Blank
Fayaz
35 points

3 Votes
3 Answers
2.71K Views
How to successfully use a LinkedIn company page?

I created a LinkedIn company page a while back, but never did anything with it. Now I’m considering spending a little bit of time trying to use the company page to create brand awareness and...

asked Feb 10 '13 at 02:55
Blank
Zuly Gonzalez
9,194 points

0 Votes
4 Answers
2.53K Views
I don't agree with my social media marketing team. Please advice who is right

I am working on developing a platform that allows sports fans to interact with their star athletes. I have outsourced social media marketing for initial 2 months. Now we have developed differences...

asked Feb 5 '13 at 17:26
Blank
Trana
24 points

4 Votes
5 Answers
2.39K Views
Ignoring Facebook - is it safe?

I was wondering, if its safe to entirely drop facebook out of the focus and not bother with it at all. The company in question is B2B and sells enterprise level software with licenses range 10k -...

asked Feb 9 '13 at 00:29
Blank
user1721135
182 points

2 Votes
1 Answers
2.21K Views
Promoting sub-communities of a social website?

I'm currently working on a social website that bases itself on specific sub-communities (something along the lines of Reddit meets Pintrest for lack of a better description). What are some...

asked Jan 25 '13 at 03:41
Blank
Chris
111 points

1 Votes
2 Answers
1.81K Views
Rebranding a New Web Company

I have a website that I have been working on for a few months and I have a pretty decent social media following as well as a lot of visitors on my website and we have decided we need to change the...

asked Nov 28 '12 at 07:13
Blank
Clifgray
200 points

1 Votes
2 Answers
1.85K Views
How to spot a good social media marketer

It's a bit subjective but helpful and on-topic IMO, mayebe should be made community wiki I've been in contact with some guest bloggers lately which are interested in publishing posts on my...

asked Oct 3 '12 at 06:36
Blank
Fiftyeight
125 points

0 Votes
2 Answers
2.39K Views
Patenting a website created with Ning.com

I would like to start a niche social media website but I have no knowledge of programming. I do have business knowledge but that doesn't help me in the actual creation of this website. I don't have...

asked Sep 1 '12 at 01:13
Blank
Christine
1 point

1 Votes
3 Answers
2.1K Views
Is building fans on a Facebook fan page or Twitter with Fiverr worthwhile?

I've seen Fiverr used to build fans to a new social network page or profile, build links (spammy) for a website, or design a logo. Is it an effective tool for building fans to a social media page...

asked Jul 9 '12 at 08:17
Blank
Paul O'brien
521 points

2 Votes
1 Answers
2.13K Views
When (and why) should a small, niche company spend resources *promoting* Social Media Marketing rather than an email newsletter?

What are the types of situations (or examples) of when a small, resource strapped company should divert resources from other areas (product development, email newsletter) to Facebook? Some general...

asked Apr 11 '12 at 23:52
Blank
Clay Nichols
737 points

-1 Votes
3 Answers
1.78K Views
What social media accounts should a business have?

I know this question has a lot of possible answers, so I'll break it down to several questions so you'll understand exactly what I want to know. Which social media accounts should I maintain to...

asked Mar 2 '12 at 21:07
Blank
March Robert Philip Serrano
152 points

2 Votes
3 Answers
2.06K Views
Is marketing the most important thing?

I was reading about the creation of mingle2.com, and what struck me as curious is that at that time (in 2007) the online dating market was well on its way to being saturated (aside from niche areas...

asked Jan 20 '12 at 02:17
Blank
Jason C
41 points

2 Votes
2 Answers
2.32K Views
Early stage strategies of growing your customer base for online start-up?

I wonder what do you recommend are the best strategies for growth and promotion of your online start-up in the early stages after launch? How do you get your name out there and how do you...

asked Sep 21 '11 at 02:08
Blank
Peter K.
194 points

1 Votes
3 Answers
2.18K Views
Pricing for the premium content?

We are in a process of launching a new start-up. It is a web based software application/platform providing business networking services. Although not directly comparable, however for the...

asked Sep 18 '11 at 18:52
Blank
Peter K.
194 points

-1 Votes
1 Answers
1.73K Views
Marketing of a Tweetdeck type app

Is it possible to estimate the cost of acquiring 1 million users for an app similar to tweetdeck, but with different, unique features? Thank you in advance. Awni H.

asked Sep 6 '11 at 00:02
Blank
Awni Hussein
1 point

1 Votes
3 Answers
2.1K Views
Securing your company's name on twitter?

I'm currently using @zeeenmedia because someone on the other side of the world has an account, used only intermittently, named @zeeen. Is there a good way to contact that user to work out a...

asked Aug 29 '11 at 02:39
Blank
Blaise Freeman
16 points

4 Votes
2 Answers
2.03K Views
Facebook pages for different websites

I am having problems getting my head around facebook pages. I'm a technical guy, and I have read the facebook docs as well as a few blogs on why to use facebook pages - however, I don't quite get...

asked Jun 9 '11 at 00:58
Blank
Voidstar
55 points