Monetization Questions

4 Votes
1 Answers
How to determine the monetization sources of a startup web service

I am "Russian" by nature, and maybe due to that I am finding it hard to see what may seem obvious to a western person. I read a lot of investment stories on techcrunch.com about "what it seems...

asked Jul 4 '12 at 17:53
Blank
Maxim V. Pavlov
217 points

2 Votes
1 Answers
Monetizing a webapp

I am building a website that solves word games (scrabble, wordfeud, angry words etc.). It does it better than any websites I have seen. I am thinking about how to make money on it (I have three...

asked Jun 2 '12 at 08:06
Blank
Muleskinner
18 points

0 Votes
1 Answers
How should I monetize a game development network app?

I am building an web app for game developers to exchange artwork, code, music, etc., however I cannot decide how to effectively monetize this network. The most obvious way would be to advertise. I...

asked Apr 15 '12 at 11:26
Blank
Tyjkenn
103 points

0 Votes
3 Answers
Security as a monetization option

Given a "Could file sharing" service, is it feasible to provide non-secure (http) service for free, whereas if you need to store and transfer important data, you pay for secure service (https) a...

asked Apr 3 '12 at 23:34
Blank
Maxim V. Pavlov
217 points

4 Votes
1 Answers
Premium features VS Donation gifts

We are developing a freemium business model and have planned some Premium features that users can buy. What are the main differences between these two types of monetization: Premium model : Buy...

asked Feb 20 '12 at 22:22
Blank
Xavi Esteve
223 points

1 Votes
1 Answers
International house ads publisher. Why not?

This is not really a question but a muse about what I'm thinking of a better way to monetize mobile traffic via house ads. Yes, I seek your opinions. If I were to have a "worldwide" popular app at...

asked Feb 23 '12 at 20:36
Blank
Killua
68 points

0 Votes
2 Answers
1.03K Views
Which strategy will you use for launching a dating community website?

Imagine a dating community like meetic, where you can register for free, but you must pay every 6 months for using all the functionalities. Which will be your strategy for your launch, taking into...

asked Feb 19 '12 at 23:16
Blank
Jmp
4 points

1 Votes
2 Answers
Monetization of a big open-source software frameworks

Let's consider jQuery is an example project for my question. jQuery is the most renown java script open source software framework nowadays. It was created when working with JavaScript was a real...

asked Feb 2 '12 at 21:44
Blank
Maxim V. Pavlov
217 points

0 Votes
1 Answers
is this ad revenue model accurate?

I'm setting up an ad-supported website and trying to work through the numbers. I came across this article that gives a model. Being a newb at advertising, I've got quite a few questions: For CPM...

asked Jan 14 '12 at 14:10
Blank
Ginius
101 points

0 Votes
1 Answers
Monetising an e-Learning solution

I am currently researching e-Learning, and I'm hoping to launch a service similar to Khan Academy in the next year. It would offer learning tools for students all over the world. How should such a...

asked Dec 18 '11 at 23:49
Blank
Methuselah
105 points

1 Votes
3 Answers
1.1K Views
Monetizing a site that could be seen as doing charity work/sensitive niche?

I'm building a site and community around a particular disability which I have. I have a number of ideas that I'm sure will make the site a success in terms of getting visitors, but I'd also like to...

asked Dec 19 '11 at 02:13
Blank
Anonymous
557 points

1 Votes
1 Answers
Generating ad revenue from Facebook fan page/application

We are planning to create a facebook fan page/application which has the potential of driving in a daily traffic of 100,000.However,we are not clear about the revenue generating model.Is there any...

asked Dec 13 '11 at 16:26
Blank
User14997
6 points

0 Votes
1 Answers
Would anyone be willing to advertise audio books?

I am panning to release an audio book listening application to one of the new mobile platforms. It has a special features that makes the experience of listening books very pleasant and effective....

asked Nov 23 '11 at 22:57
Blank
Maxim V. Pavlov
217 points

5 Votes
2 Answers
Alternative ways of website monetization

I'm developing a web application that will provide several services and the only ways for monetization I can think of are ads and donations. Are there any other mechanisms for monetizing a webpage?...

asked Nov 15 '11 at 01:36
Blank
Diego
128 points

6 Votes
5 Answers
1.24K Views
Monetization options - other than ads - for consumer SaaS

I started a consumer SaaS almost 2 months ago. It's a calories counter system. You log in, register your meals and the system tells you how many calories you ate and the type of those calories. You...

asked Oct 25 '11 at 08:45
Blank
Joca
31 points

1 Votes
2 Answers
3.18K Views
Monetizing sites similar to deviantART

How does a website like deviantART make money? They allow users to create free accounts and upload data for free. I heard some venture capitalists invest in such websites but how can one capitalize...

asked Oct 26 '11 at 23:35
Blank
Monk
6 points

1 Votes
3 Answers
What monetization ways I have?

I plan to start business like DropBox. It's not exactly like DropBox but something similar. DropBox is charging monthly fees for their subscription but my service is total free of cost. It's cloud...

asked Oct 18 '11 at 23:54
Blank
Umair Ashraf
135 points

2 Votes
2 Answers
Monetizing your website: how do you setup an affiliated vendor?

I have two websites that have to do with health. I originally made them just to practice SEO, and since now I am an SEO guru, they get lots of traffic. The problem is that those sites only get...

asked Sep 8 '11 at 02:49
Blank
Genadinik
1,821 points

1 Votes
1 Answers
Which options do I have to monetize desktop application like TweetDeck

I build desktop application that is integration between Twitter / facebook/ picasa / (can be others ) on speed (build with c++ not AIR). It is build first for my use . but then people liked it and...

asked Aug 2 '11 at 16:21
Blank
Meir
238 points

0 Votes
1 Answers
What's the best way that my SaaS site can benefit from my related content site?

I will open up shop selling an idea management SaaS product on my website (lets call it BigIdea.com) in August. In order to build links, get some traffic and make a site that I think will be useful...

asked Aug 2 '11 at 21:49
Blank
Dmurtagh
157 points