Monetization Questions

1 Votes
1 Answers
2.42K Views
Generating ad revenue from Facebook fan page/application

We are planning to create a facebook fan page/application which has the potential of driving in a daily traffic of 100,000.However,we are not clear about the revenue generating model.Is there any...

asked Dec 13 '11 at 16:26
Blank
User14997
6 points

0 Votes
1 Answers
1.65K Views
Would anyone be willing to advertise audio books?

I am panning to release an audio book listening application to one of the new mobile platforms. It has a special features that makes the experience of listening books very pleasant and effective....

asked Nov 23 '11 at 22:57
Blank
Maxim V. Pavlov
217 points

5 Votes
2 Answers
2.11K Views
Alternative ways of website monetization

I'm developing a web application that will provide several services and the only ways for monetization I can think of are ads and donations. Are there any other mechanisms for monetizing a webpage?...

asked Nov 15 '11 at 01:36
Blank
Diego
128 points

6 Votes
5 Answers
2.84K Views
Monetization options - other than ads - for consumer SaaS

I started a consumer SaaS almost 2 months ago. It's a calories counter system. You log in, register your meals and the system tells you how many calories you ate and the type of those calories. You...

asked Oct 25 '11 at 08:45
Blank
Joca
31 points

1 Votes
3 Answers
2.2K Views
What monetization ways I have?

I plan to start business like DropBox. It's not exactly like DropBox but something similar. DropBox is charging monthly fees for their subscription but my service is total free of cost. It's cloud...

asked Oct 18 '11 at 23:54
Blank
Umair Ashraf
135 points

2 Votes
2 Answers
1.96K Views
Monetizing your website: how do you setup an affiliated vendor?

I have two websites that have to do with health. I originally made them just to practice SEO, and since now I am an SEO guru, they get lots of traffic. The problem is that those sites only get...

asked Sep 8 '11 at 02:49
Blank
Genadinik
1,821 points

1 Votes
1 Answers
2.22K Views
Which options do I have to monetize desktop application like TweetDeck

I build desktop application that is integration between Twitter / facebook/ picasa / (can be others ) on speed (build with c++ not AIR). It is build first for my use . but then people liked it and...

asked Aug 2 '11 at 16:21
Blank
Meir
238 points

3 Votes
1 Answers
2.46K Views
Is it legal to monetize your browser add-on by changing others advertisements?

I'm about to develop an interesting, from a functional perpective, extension for Chrome but got a lot doubts in terms of how to monetize it. I was wondering if it's ok from a legal perspective to...

asked Jul 20 '11 at 06:11
Blank
Ivo Es
16 points

0 Votes
5 Answers
2.18K Views
Advantage (if any) to starting a business/app/idea with no immediate plans for monetization

Reading about companies like Burbn who made Instagram, they have 4 employees and 5 million users. With no immediate plans to make money off the back of it. What kind of person starts a business...

asked Jul 8 '11 at 20:56
Blank
Benhowdle89
133 points

2 Votes
3 Answers
2.95K Views
What are the revenue streams of social gaming?

I'm thinking to build some social games that can be played via website, social networks (Facebook, etc) and mobile apps. So, what are the successful revenue streams of social gaming companies?

asked Jul 8 '11 at 23:29
Blank
Jeff
58 points

1 Votes
2 Answers
2.34K Views
"Online-game" monetization models besides ads & appStore?

Can you please include links to some of the various "online-game" monetization examples besides placing ads & publishing on an appStore. (if possible please include short comment as to why it's...

asked Jun 20 '11 at 22:34
Blank
Timo
66 points

1 Votes
1 Answers
2.38K Views
Security-as-a-Service API business model

We're a small startup company in the web security space. In a nutshell, we have developed a unique approach to scan and detect web threats. After much consideration, we have decided to welcome the...

asked May 3 '11 at 22:32
Blank
Marek.B
9 points

2 Votes
5 Answers
3.03K Views
How much is this site worth?

I own a site that on which I "practiced" SEO. It isn't a real business. I only make money from it by putting Google AdSense and right now it makes just under $100 per month and growing, although I...

asked Apr 3 '11 at 14:16
Blank
Genadinik
1,821 points

4 Votes
3 Answers
9.02K Views
How do websites that don't charge anything make money?

The obvious answer is "advertising" but I've heard of a lot of decently popular sites that don't make much on advertising. How else do you make money? are they just hoping to get bought out? And...

asked Apr 6 '11 at 15:18
Blank
Aslyesnow
214 points

4 Votes
3 Answers
2.23K Views
What are the most startup-friendly options for mobile payments? (UK)

A young team in the UK has come up with a neat way of creating a social application to help people keep their promises - for instance, keeping up-to-date with their coursework. Without getting...

asked Mar 22 '11 at 19:59
Blank
Jeremy Parsons
5,197 points

4 Votes
2 Answers
2.85K Views
Monetize website without spending money

I have made a website http://www.humanisms.co.uk, it is similar in concept to other very popular websites that are user-content orientated, ie. FML, TFLN, Sickipedia, TrueLad...etc. Now, all its...

asked Mar 2 '11 at 01:40
Blank
Benhowdle89
133 points

12 Votes
4 Answers
7.13K Views
What is the typical revenue stream expected from Android advertising?

I know this is a broad question (and a sensitive one) but would be interested to know some stats. If using Google's AdMob service for your android app, can you provide an indication of realised...

asked Feb 17 '11 at 16:15
Blank
Giulio
163 points

2 Votes
3 Answers
2.41K Views
What costs are involved in operating a Web subscription service?

I am in the process of determining the pricing details for a subscription service (I have the standard, premium and plus accounts) and I'd like to create a spreadsheet of what expenses are involved...

asked Jan 3 '11 at 06:01
Blank
User3462
345 points

3 Votes
7 Answers
2.71K Views
Should I charge for my service or not?

I have a product in beta (which is a minimum viable product) and am working on the release version. I had my early adopters take a survey and although a majority of them had great things to say...

asked Dec 20 '10 at 06:44
Blank
Nick H
120 points

9 Votes
7 Answers
3.17K Views
How to turn a WordPress plugin into a business?

Over the past two years, I've developed a relatively successful WordPress plugin. It started out as a hobby project, but now I'd like to try and turn it into a business. About the plugin Checks...

asked Dec 3 '10 at 04:03
Blank
Janis Elsts
146 points