Adwords Questions

1 Votes
2 Answers
1.99K Views
On an e-commerce site, how do you attribute a sale to PPC if a visitor comes from PPC but then returns to buy through another website?

Can we use cookies and if so how do we install this? What software could track this kind of conversion scenario?

asked Sep 22 '11 at 15:43
Blank
Nikolay Piryankov
683 points

10 Votes
3 Answers
6.5K Views
Any way to target AdWords to only users on Mac OS X?

We have a Mac OS X application and we'd like to use AdWords to help people hear about it. The two tests we've done have produced 70%+ of our traffic coming from IE and then Google downgrades our...

asked May 18 '11 at 05:28
Blank
Dad
166 points

2 Votes
3 Answers
2.3K Views
How much should I Pay Per Click relative to Lifetime Value of the customer?

For simplicity assume conversion rate is 10%, and margin is 50%. How much should I pay for the visitor in relation to the lifetime value of the customer? PPC/10% < LTV*50% has to be true, but...

asked May 21 '11 at 00:51
Blank
Tim Nikolaev
176 points

2 Votes
2 Answers
4.6K Views
Advertisement in desktop application

I built a small and cool java-base desktop application. I want to release it for free, and put an advertisement for getting profits out of it - Like EverNote doing on their Mac OS X App. I don't...

asked Apr 13 '11 at 03:46
Blank
Arnon
13 points

7 Votes
9 Answers
4.07K Views
Google Adwords techniques and tips

What are some good Google Adwords people have found that really work for getting qualified leads and finding good, cheap keywods? Or any other tips? Any great articles about it? Also, for a...

asked Mar 31 '11 at 22:59
Blank
Genadinik
1,821 points

5 Votes
4 Answers
2.84K Views
Is Google inflating the cost of AdWords with all of these coupons they are handing out?

Google occasionally sends me free coupons for $100 on AdWords for the various sites I run. I just blew $100 on advertising on my startup's website. I set the campaign at an aggressive $2 bid and...

asked Mar 31 '11 at 02:12
Blank
Kirk
227 points

1 Votes
3 Answers
2.35K Views
In-house vs. 3rd Party PPC Management

I own a successful website selling a software product, but we do absolutely no in-house marketing at all. 75% of our sales come from affiliates promoting us. So, we'd like to become more involved...

asked Mar 17 '11 at 17:59
Blank
John
23 points

0 Votes
2 Answers
1.85K Views
Does CPC have a residual effect?

I run a small website www.anybumper.com and I ventured off into CPC advertising a few months ago. It's working out OK, the CPA is just a little less than the net profit of the products i'm selling,...

asked Mar 2 '11 at 04:27
Blank
Polyhedron
145 points

1 Votes
7 Answers
2.99K Views
budget: spend on domain or on adwords?

Assume that we've got a 10.000 (usd or euros) budget. Which of the following 3 options is better for launching? 1) Spend all of it on a great domain (e.g mymobile.com) 2) Spend 20 on a mediocre...

asked Feb 1 '11 at 04:54
Blank
Cherouvim
219 points

5 Votes
2 Answers
2.45K Views
How do AdWords spy services work?

There are several services like SpyFu, AdBeat & ispionage which advertise they can provide the keywords, budget, ad copy and other information which competitors use in different ad networks...

asked Feb 4 '11 at 03:57
Blank
Tony Henrich
283 points

4 Votes
2 Answers
12.3K Views
How much does one earn on average for showing an ad in an app on a smart phone?

I am considering entering the smart phone app market by creating an ad-supported app. Where I can find statistics showing the average income per ad impression? (not per click). Does anybody have...

asked Feb 7 '11 at 01:04
Blank
David
1,567 points

2 Votes
2 Answers
2.26K Views
Is there a proven way to attract users to a site besides the usual suspects we all know?

Aside from Adwords, Link Building, blogging, what are some other ways to attract and retain a loyal user base??

asked Jan 12 '11 at 06:55
Blank
Donald
136 points

1 Votes
4 Answers
2.54K Views
What percentage should I take for this Google Adwords work?

A company is going to hire me to call up all of their clients and sell them Adwords services (like setting up new campaigns and maintaining them). After the client agrees I'm also the one who is...

asked Dec 9 '10 at 02:27
Blank
Dennis
176 points

5 Votes
3 Answers
2.29K Views
How to save a really bad AdWords account

I have a bad AdWords account, the conversion rate is low, the CTR is low, everything is low. What would you do to try and salvage that AdWords account? Notes: There are already different...

asked Oct 7 '10 at 23:58
Blank
Nir
1,569 points

3 Votes
4 Answers
3.02K Views
Is Google adwords the cheapest start for startups?

So I heard through this site that when you are a start up and have a really tight budget for marketing but need leads try a small campaign with google adwords. Is this correct? If so can someone...

asked Jul 8 '10 at 06:35
Blank
Stacey
484 points

0 Votes
2 Answers
1.98K Views
Online service for crowd sourcing for keyword suggestions?

I am looking for an online service where it utilizes crowd sourcing or humans for keyword suggestions. Meaning if I want to create a CPC ad for some product or service, I want to get ideas from...

asked May 17 '10 at 08:28
Blank
Tony Henrich
85 points

1 Votes
3 Answers
2.08K Views
Advertising for MicroISV Dummies :)

If you are a MicroISV with 20$ utility product, what are your best options for advertising? How and where do you advertise your MicroISV businesses? What are your experiences with PPC schemes...

asked Jun 5 '10 at 02:05
Blank
Spiro
105 points

6 Votes
7 Answers
3.12K Views
Invest in best possible SEO rather than using AdWords?

From stratup MicroISV perspective, the way I look at the possibilities for advertising, it's much better, as a long-term strategy, to invest and work on the best SEO possible for your web site...

asked Jun 5 '10 at 02:06
Blank
Spiro
105 points

1 Votes
3 Answers
2.38K Views
How many visistors to get a business going?

I know that this question depends on what kind of business one is in. But if you where to get a healthy business out of a website based on advertising how many monthly users would you need to...

asked Mar 9 '10 at 07:59
Blank
Thom Pete
1,296 points

1 Votes
2 Answers
2.29K Views
Adwords country keyword segmentation

Every Adwords guru wannabe knows that you have to have at lease two separate campaigns with same settings except for geographical location - one for developed world and one for 3rd world...

asked Mar 11 '10 at 04:28
Blank
Daniel Mosmondor
106 points