Customers Questions

1 Votes
1 Answers
2.23K Views
Best practices for finding customers via email

We want to create a start-up, it offers computational services to biotechs for drug discovery. We want to find customers out of our country. Besides options such as traveling, or attending forums,...

asked Dec 18 '12 at 17:40
Blank
Flow
114 points

1 Votes
3 Answers
11.4K Views
Legal implications of a chargeback on NO-Refund policy

I wonder if publishing a NO-refund policy will prevent the chargeback? As a business, we'll show it where the customers can see it -- on the website and include in emails invoices and sales...

asked Dec 21 '12 at 19:04
Blank
Nimbuz
174 points

4 Votes
4 Answers
2.19K Views
Looking for first customers; is it a good idea to offer our services completely for free?

We are going to creating a start up that offers services to biotechs; our deliverable is to discover bioactive compounds in a given biological context (such as pharma). We want to follow some of...

asked Dec 24 '12 at 20:42
Blank
Flow
114 points

2 Votes
1 Answers
1.75K Views
Determining the pricing of a cloud service intended for businesses

We will soon be meeting for the first time with several of our potential customers which are chain-stores to which we will be selling our service. I don't want to uncover too much information...

asked Dec 25 '12 at 03:29
Blank
Orchestrator
149 points

5 Votes
3 Answers
2.64K Views
Best strategies for approaching customers via phone

We are currently creating a spin-off from the university, that offers services to biotech/pharma companies. We have tried to reach our first customers by cold emails, but we were not very...

asked Dec 27 '12 at 18:55
Blank
Flow
114 points

4 Votes
2 Answers
2.85K Views
Customer discovery and validation in B2B

I have a very immature idea of a B2B startup, and I want to gather some feedback on it. Assuming, that "future customers" are business people, what is the best way to communicate with them on...

asked Dec 11 '12 at 15:46
Blank
Filipovskii Off
21 points

3 Votes
4 Answers
2.41K Views
As an app developer, should I have an NDA?

I am in the process of launching an LLC for app development. I already have a potential customer who has inquired about an app which I am currently creating mock-up designs for. Before I present...

asked Nov 30 '12 at 18:03
Blank
Matt Clark
135 points

1 Votes
1 Answers
2.9K Views
Price quote inquiry - best way to answer and find more?

I just received an inquiry about a price quote for a large amount of Users for our Online Suggestion Box tool Vetter, from a local government employee. He simply asked for the quote, no other...

asked Oct 22 '12 at 20:26
Blank
Dmurtagh
157 points

2 Votes
4 Answers
2.73K Views
Is there a reliable way to predict customer churn rate?

Recently, I heard about the concept of being able to predict customer churn as a way to avoid losing customers. Is there a reliable way to predict customer churn rate?

asked Oct 24 '12 at 07:39
Blank
Mohammad Ali Akbari
113 points

3 Votes
1 Answers
1.97K Views
What are techniques to elicit requirements from customers who don't understand their needs?

Question: How do you prevent a situation where you have to produce work-product work first and get client feedback before getting on the right track to meet their needs? Are there techniques to...

asked Oct 18 '12 at 10:34
Blank
Daniel Skowro?Ski
18 points

0 Votes
1 Answers
1.67K Views
How do you indentify what type of adoptor a person is?

Looking at how someone uses an existing products/services, is there a way to tell what sort of adopter they are in the adoption curve for a new market? If so how, and what is the source for this...

asked Aug 9 '12 at 13:09
Blank
Blunders .
899 points

1 Votes
3 Answers
2.4K Views
In app purchase or paid app

Currently, we are developing an android app, which is used to target stock market investor. May I know which way offer a better way, to monetize your app? In app purchase Paid app download

asked Jul 29 '12 at 04:53
Blank
Cheok Yan Cheng
119 points

1 Votes
2 Answers
1.82K Views
How can I convince local businesses to sign up on my website (for free)?

I've recently launched a website and I need to sign up as many local businesses as I can on it. The website is currently only available for local businesses in Ontario, Canada only. There are a few...

asked Jun 18 '12 at 10:37
Blank
Bizlia Inc.
6 points

0 Votes
1 Answers
2.36K Views
Using customers' logo on my website

Possible Duplicate: Can I use the logos of other companies on my site? This is a legal question, so I suppose I should consult a lawyer ... any lawyers reading this? ;-) After almost 2 years I...

asked May 12 '12 at 14:01
Blank
Mawg
101 points

1 Votes
2 Answers
2.41K Views
Customer Discovery: How much data is sufficient?

I am doing a Customer Discovery phase (as per Customer Development model by Steven G. Blank). In this step I need to have to identify the following: The customer has a problem. The customer...

asked May 15 '12 at 08:05
Blank
Mvbl Fst
144 points

8 Votes
6 Answers
3.17K Views
How do you verify the viability of your idea?

I would like to hear from those folks that have gone through their initial market research and idea validation stages of their start-up and would like to share how they went about making sure their...

asked Apr 24 '12 at 12:34
Blank
Victor S
141 points

4 Votes
3 Answers
2.29K Views
Is It Ethical to Poach Customers

I'll soon be releasing my software product. It's much better than some of the existing products out there. My competitors make it easy to find who their customers are. Do you think it's ethical for...

asked Apr 13 '12 at 16:24
Blank
Grant D
23 points

1 Votes
3 Answers
1.83K Views
when to pitch to whom?

we have a relative small project and although it is going slow , there is some progress and good signs,but still far away from feature complete Anyway my question is when to pitch for VC or when...

asked Mar 1 '12 at 23:18
Blank
Altuure
103 points

2 Votes
5 Answers
2.39K Views
How to find salespeople for a startup?

I have bootstrapped a startup and am at the stage where I need salespeople who can go out and acquire some customers. Online marketing doesn't seem to be helping since my startup is a B2B focusing...

asked Jan 28 '12 at 09:02
Blank
User15995
42 points

1 Votes
2 Answers
1.99K Views
Convincing a customer about a right decision

Just had an experience in my startup about a customer in my software start up. I develop server based software products for the past year and have a few customers for the same. A new customer came...

asked Jan 10 '12 at 12:41
Blank
Muthu
159 points