Distribution Questions

3 Votes
1 Answers
2K Views
Good results from CNET.com?

I am just now discovering CNET, a site that lets you apparently have software that you've developed available for download, plus a lot more. Have any software developers or software sellers on...

asked May 9 '11 at 11:05
Blank
User6492
1,747 points

3 Votes
1 Answers
2.88K Views
How much percentage does a developer have in an IT-startup?

How do you distribute the shares among participants of IT-startup (Web-system)? What is the common world practice? For example, there are two participants: the person, who made idea and will do...

asked Apr 15 '11 at 05:39
Blank
Amber
118 points

1 Votes
3 Answers
3.45K Views
Can I expect a distributor to indemnify against patent infringement?

I've developed a low volume high priced product, which I currently sell in the EU market. A UK based company would like to sell my product in countries including the US. I don't want to start...

asked Mar 13 '11 at 18:21
Blank
Steven F
66 points

2 Votes
1 Answers
1.95K Views
Selling the distribution rights to an IT product

We have a hardware/software product that I am thinking of selling the distribution rights to. Firstly is this something that can be done and secondly does anyone have any advice on how this works...

asked Feb 1 '11 at 09:36
Blank
A Hunter
111 points

2 Votes
1 Answers
2.46K Views
startup just entering revenue phase

Company looks like this: investor = input money only 30% share founder/developer (me) = input money ( about 1/2 what investor has ) and tons of sweat equity 1+ year 40% share developer = sweat...

asked Jan 10 '11 at 16:09
Blank
Sysconfig
13 points

1 Votes
1 Answers
4.56K Views
Best Education Software Distributors

I have a software application targeting the education sector. I lack sales knowledge and would like to sell it through distributors. Can anyone recommend any distributors specializing in education...

asked Dec 3 '10 at 04:08
Blank
User5765
106 points

4 Votes
3 Answers
2.05K Views
How can I make sure that my resellers don't chase after the same prospect

How can I ensure that my reseller and I are not talking or going after the same customer. This has already happened on a few occasions where we get to a meeting and they tell us that they are...

asked Sep 11 '10 at 04:45
Blank
Danny
113 points

2 Votes
1 Answers
2.32K Views
Best marketing channel to distribute an ebook?

What is the best marketing channel to distribute an ebook? Let's assume I know how to promote the ebook, and merely want to choose a marketing channel. Should I sell it through a middleman like...

asked Jun 25 '10 at 06:27
Blank
Joseph Turian
895 points

-1 Votes
1 Answers
1.65K Views
How to deal with booth owners in a wholesale market? How to haggle with them?

Today I visited a local wholesale market. I want to be a trader so I visit the market. There are so many items that my eyes and my mind are dazzled. I don't know what products I can choose to...

asked Jul 12 '10 at 20:09
Blank
Jack
116 points

1 Votes
2 Answers
3.06K Views
Should I create a new brand of products for different audiences?

I'm very curious about which option is better for the company's strategy view: A one general product for the three target groups, Or three different products for three target groups Or a product...

asked Apr 27 '10 at 05:16
Blank
Kamil Rudnicki
8 points

3 Votes
3 Answers
2.01K Views
How Do I Go From An Online Digital Product to Store Shelves?

So I've got a digital product that has a website and the marketing and user community for it are alive and well. Now how do I go about breaking into that next level? How do I get it on the shelves...

asked Jan 11 '10 at 14:38
Blank
Lkessler
1,471 points