Ideas Questions

8 Votes
6 Answers
3.17K Views
How do you verify the viability of your idea?

I would like to hear from those folks that have gone through their initial market research and idea validation stages of their start-up and would like to share how they went about making sure their...

asked Apr 24 '12 at 12:34
Blank
Victor S
141 points

1 Votes
3 Answers
2.08K Views
How can I get my friends and family to support my startup aspirations?

I have a well paying job, kids, wife, and a mortgage. However, I got an idea that is not big, not hard, totally doable. I'm interested in the start up as a hobby but see it as potentially a long...

asked Apr 15 '12 at 15:17
Blank
Forgottenkahz
6 points

3 Votes
3 Answers
5.05K Views
What is the right way to test an idea using a landing page?

I know there is a method to test your product idea using a landing page that describes your product, and asks for the user to enter his email if he would like to register for the beta. Then there...

asked Apr 2 '12 at 04:55
Blank
Meir
238 points

3 Votes
5 Answers
2.43K Views
Idea Validation ideas

What are some good ways to do low level idea validation before you get into the thick of developing a business concept? In other words, I am trying to find a system to prevent my habit of chasing...

asked Apr 4 '12 at 09:52
Blank
Amin Brodie
39 points

1 Votes
2 Answers
2.65K Views
How do you manage ideas effectively?

I've been working on an idea with a while now and plan to go full startup come the summer. However, every now and then I'll get another awesome (at least, it seems awesome) idea. I'm never sure...

asked Apr 6 '12 at 06:57
Blank
Max Mackie
166 points

1 Votes
3 Answers
2.5K Views
I have startup in education[forprofit] domain what should I do next?

I have made a start-up, we are a group of 4 members. We are trying to build educational service model in which we provide animated materials, audiobooks, e Learning service to schools. Animation...

asked Mar 3 '12 at 19:06
Blank
Darshan Joshi
154 points

1 Votes
2 Answers
5.52K Views
Wealth Dynamics, is it actually useful or just overhyped?

I have just been sent a link, from a somewhat trusted source, to a system for catagorising Entrepreneurs and before handing over the money wanted to see if anyone else has heard about it. From...

asked Mar 5 '12 at 15:38
Blank
Robin Vessey
8,394 points

2 Votes
2 Answers
2.3K Views
focus on only one target or try at least a few?

Because of the nature of startups, they have multiple ways of proceeding with the product. this is the problem right now for us. we were planning to for go for global but now we noticed there is a...

asked Feb 21 '12 at 20:16
Blank
Altuure
103 points

0 Votes
2 Answers
2.29K Views
How to promote a desktop Facebook app about music to get alpha testers?

Possible Duplicate: I made a product, now how can I find customers? I built a prototype for a desktop music app that will keep you updated with music. It has real-time music aggregation, and a...

asked Feb 24 '12 at 08:48
Blank
Meir
238 points

0 Votes
3 Answers
3.38K Views
How do we split the equity when one partner simply provides the idea while the other partner builds the software

Possible Duplicate: Forming a new software startup, how do I allocate ownership fairly? A friend of mine came to me (I'm a software developer) with a software project idea that he had and we...

asked Mar 1 '12 at 23:05
Blank
Diego
101 points

4 Votes
2 Answers
3.55K Views
How long should you keep your idea a secret?

I am a graduating senior in college studying computer science and machine learning. For the past year, I have been working with two other people on what we think is a pretty fantastic idea,...

asked Feb 9 '12 at 06:57
Blank
Jon
137 points

2 Votes
5 Answers
2.33K Views
From free to a little fee

I have a few web services on my website. They are used by major financial institutions. They are like little calculators specific to some complex math only required in finance. I want to move...

asked Jan 25 '12 at 22:20
Blank
Aldo
13 points

0 Votes
1 Answers
2K Views
Can be a new PIM method patented in European Union?

I have constructed a new personal information management system. It allows to organize personal matters in a new way. Can I file a patent to European Union? I live in Germany.

asked Feb 2 '12 at 08:48
Blank
Steffen
101 points

2 Votes
5 Answers
3.77K Views
how to present ideas to a possible future partner without getting them 'stolen'?

I am planning into getting involved in a venture in an asian country. I have a friend from this country that has an experience in the kind of business I want to be involved in and that has “ built...

asked Jan 22 '12 at 13:37
Blank
Ongoing
13 points

1 Votes
2 Answers
2.5K Views
Got an idea and a great business model, but how to satisfy developers based on future profit sharing?

I've developed an idea for a mobile application. Based on research, I believe this application has a great worldwide potential and could be commonly used basically in and kind of business. I've...

asked Jan 25 '12 at 09:11
Blank
Matej Zlodej
273 points

7 Votes
4 Answers
2.99K Views
Examples of tasks you have successfully delegated

I am looking for examples of tasks that you have successfully delegated to others - be it either in house staff, virtual assistants or outsourcing.

asked Jan 13 '12 at 02:33
Blank
Ryan
1,365 points

1 Votes
1 Answers
1.67K Views
Identifying a missed business opportunity

Possible Duplicate: Where to draw ideas from? My hope is by asking this question, that many of you who are very proficient in doing a start-up would be able to enlighten some of us who just come...

asked Jan 6 '12 at 06:02
Blank
Kyle B.
106 points

0 Votes
1 Answers
2.18K Views
Is there any place to post ideas and sell patents?

Everyone has their own ideas. Some patented ideas may be useful for company growth. Many companies look for innovative ideas. Is there any place to post patented ideas so that companies seeking...

asked Dec 18 '11 at 21:06
Blank
Gimp
427 points

4 Votes
7 Answers
3.27K Views
New Business Idea - Who owns it?

I was looking for freelance work and met with a lawyer who had some work for me. The lawyer asked if I could build a product for him. I told the lawyer I can build the product and will charge him a...

asked Dec 19 '11 at 05:21
Blank
Antonio
21 points

0 Votes
4 Answers
5.15K Views
Is 50/50 partnership in an LLC a good idea when partner has idea and money?

I have seen similar questions, but am curious if this seems like a fair arrangement. Partner and I have already started a 50/50 split LLC. Myself: Technical vision, skills, no capital investment...

asked Dec 20 '11 at 03:51
Blank
Maple Shaft
323 points