Ideas Questions

3 Votes
5 Answers
2.68K Views
where to find a "dead" software product to acquire?

I'd like to have a software product for my consulting company. I have no idea what, but I figure there's got to be a lot of "dead" software products and failed businesses out there that people have...

asked Dec 23 '11 at 06:18
Blank
User11476
141 points

1 Votes
3 Answers
3.71K Views
Are there any "decision based" survey tools out there?

I am looking to build a "decision tree" survey tool, and would like to see if there are any tools like that already out there? That is, a "decision tree" survey is a type of survey where your...

asked Dec 23 '11 at 07:27
Blank
Somid3
195 points

-1 Votes
1 Answers
2K Views
Suggestions for marketing a Twitter app to new users

Technical Background: I have an application that relies heavily on the Twitter API. This app is genuinely very useful for Twitter users across the board but especially for Twitter users who want to...

asked Dec 17 '11 at 09:35
Blank
Chamilyan
353 points

2 Votes
2 Answers
2.47K Views
While H1B can I work on my interested Idea as Startup with no intention of earning?

I am on H1B. I love technology and work on small idea while having time during weekends. I want to shape my idea and setup a startup but don't want to monetize it. Does it still call business as I...

asked Dec 5 '11 at 12:28
Blank
Dharmesh
11 points

2 Votes
1 Answers
2.46K Views
HP Touchpad/WebOS Apps?

I just bought a HP Touchpad on the cheap. I'm really loving WebOS, and I'm thinking about doing some WebOS development. Are there any statistics/case studies about developers that have made money...

asked Dec 7 '11 at 11:20
Blank
Paul
16 points

1 Votes
4 Answers
2.24K Views
does ideas have a price?

I'm a software developer and some time ago, I've shared an idea to a friend. I've said, look, I think that this app will boost your services and someday I'll do it for you. That friend was very...

asked Nov 23 '11 at 21:35
Blank
Dole Doug
141 points

3 Votes
2 Answers
2.06K Views
Platform to bring tech entrepreneurs to light

I've had this idea in my mind for a while now and I wanted some of your opinions on this. I'm a PhD student in Computer Science. I feel like the inventions that many students do just go within...

asked Nov 7 '11 at 05:09
Blank
Sunil
128 points

6 Votes
5 Answers
2.91K Views
My startup idea has been developed before we could do it. What now?

So the idea for my startup which we have been also sharing with few incubators wasn't well received during the last 3 months. And now we find out that during this time the same has been developed...

asked Nov 12 '11 at 07:20
Blank
Vishal
73 points

3 Votes
1 Answers
2.24K Views
How do you decide whether to commit to a project?

I have several startup ideas waiting in a drawer, some of which are probably worth further exploring and continuing to a full business plan and start execution. A different person would probably...

asked Oct 27 '11 at 20:58
Blank
Robert Koritnik
308 points

4 Votes
3 Answers
2.07K Views
Resources for startup ideas

Are there resources for startup ideas online? I'd like to get started in this world, and from what I understand, an idea isn't worth much. I have great people and means for great execution....

asked Oct 19 '11 at 03:34
Blank
Xeon06
121 points

2 Votes
2 Answers
1.71K Views
Would this idea violate any law?

The idea is this : My website would just embed videos from various websites like youtube, metacafe, etc. I want to have users log in and comment or discuss on the videos I embed. The purpose is...

asked Oct 21 '11 at 10:03
Blank
Sunil
128 points

0 Votes
2 Answers
3.29K Views
Whats next step? Am starting a Dropshipping company in India. I'll start with say 200 to 1000 shirts

I believe this will work here in India since there are more and more people willing to earn extra sitting right at their home. This gives a scope for future in dropshipping business. As am being in...

asked Oct 5 '11 at 20:07
Blank
Karthic
1 point

2 Votes
2 Answers
2.91K Views
Is sleeping partner considered as investor?

My partner and i are from different countries (1) My partner will fund the startup idea (2) I will be the working partner and the idea will be executed in my home country Please give your advice...

asked Oct 6 '11 at 02:06
Blank
Bt001
11 points

2 Votes
2 Answers
3.26K Views
How do I protect my idea before launching my web-service?

I have a unique idea about a web-service. How do I protect against duplicating my idea before launching? I'm afraid I'd end up rivaling against massive number of competitors like Groupon does...

asked Oct 11 '11 at 11:34
Blank
Moe Sweet
141 points

1 Votes
2 Answers
2.2K Views
Anywhere I can submit a CV and get business ideas?

Does anybody know of anywhere I can send a CV to and get back advice for what kind of business I'd be best to go into? I know how much capital I have available and my skills, but I don't know about...

asked Oct 2 '11 at 11:06
Blank
Chris Browne
108 points

5 Votes
4 Answers
3.88K Views
It is possible to startup a sucessful software company without being a programmer?

the idea is simple. How to execute, i don't know. I have an idea for a software. Very good and simple idea, and I think it's simple to execute too. This software can bring to life a new company. I...

asked Sep 26 '11 at 12:25
Blank
H 7
133 points

6 Votes
5 Answers
3.2K Views
Finding out another start-up has the same idea

I came up with a great idea for a webapp, I've been creating design docs, project specs etc. Everything was going well until I decided to google my idea, which to my surprise came up with one...

asked Sep 20 '11 at 16:41
Blank
User744319
94 points

1 Votes
2 Answers
2.45K Views
How you look at all variables of a business case and decide if it's 'worth it'?

Given a business case with even a modest 20-30 variables/dimensions on which one would base the case, how does anyone going over it decide whether it is 'worth it'? I mean if looking at a business...

asked Sep 11 '11 at 03:31
Blank
Ph D
422 points

0 Votes
2 Answers
1.94K Views
How do you get immediate information about a product launch announcement?

How to be one of the first few to get the information of any product launch announcement? How does the release or launch of any upcoming product or service get into the news?

asked Sep 13 '11 at 22:43
Blank
Web2jeet
96 points

4 Votes
6 Answers
3.05K Views
"Don't fall in love with your idea" Why?

I was wondering why do people suggest to not fall in love with idea. Is it so that we take criticism positively and don't get emotional at times or something? But to me, it also looks like one...

asked Aug 30 '11 at 18:10
Blank
Atul Goyal
496 points