Ideas Questions

9 Votes
9 Answers
7.58K Views
Should I pursue someone who stole my idea?

I consult to companies. I specialize in problem resolution, project management, research and occasionally, if there's a call for it, development. Recently, I was contacted by a development manager...

asked May 7 '11 at 07:39
Blank
Traveling Tech Guy
155 points

2 Votes
1 Answers
2.61K Views
I have an idea for a radically different business model for a VERY longstanding, almost universally used service

I am still paying on my college loans, have a child going to a private university on partial scholarship in the fall, not great credit, low disposable income, a happy marriage, very rewarding...

asked May 7 '11 at 12:51
Blank
Teachermom
11 points

2 Votes
5 Answers
2.49K Views
I'm not sure how to satisfy the entrepreneurial itch

I have a good job and a good salary that supports my family, but I find myself constantly dreaming of owning my own business. It's a sort of obsession that I can't stop. It's been going on for...

asked Apr 29 '11 at 10:50
Blank
Bradimier
11 points

2 Votes
6 Answers
2.68K Views
Where to draw ideas from?

There are many great products and projects going on everywhere. Even if they aren't great - it doesn't matter. People are realizing their ideas and doing what they love. So, where are people...

asked Apr 18 '11 at 03:42
Blank
B?????
118 points

2 Votes
10 Answers
3.28K Views
My business model: helping guys get laid

I’m entered into a business plan competition at my university and I could use a little inspiration to get my brain juices flowing. If the business plan works out I might even implement it in real...

asked Apr 19 '11 at 14:43
Blank
Djs13
30 points

3 Votes
6 Answers
4.86K Views
How to find out if my idea for a company already exists?

I have an idea for a company I want to start (based around a product initally). How can I find out if a similar product already exists?

asked Apr 19 '11 at 23:09
Blank
Zubair
138 points

2 Votes
2 Answers
2.1K Views
Need suggestions on naming payment options

We mainly use PayPal as our payment processor on our website. Of late we're seeing that PayPal is having issues with corporate credit cards. Moreover, going forward, PayPal won't accept payments...

asked Apr 21 '11 at 05:17
Blank
Ankur Jain
566 points

1 Votes
3 Answers
2.42K Views
How does one know if it is worth to venture into a product?

I know that a particular product will be useful to a whole group of people. However, I am uncertain if once the product is made, the people will purchase the product. Prior to making the product,...

asked Apr 21 '11 at 06:16
Blank
Picakhu
106 points

1 Votes
1 Answers
1.66K Views
Determining Feasability of Information Product

Having just been recently laid off, I would like to give some attention to an idea that's been incubating in my mind for a while for an information-based product. This is similar to the model of...

asked Apr 22 '11 at 13:40
Blank
Ashes999
128 points

3 Votes
5 Answers
3.73K Views
How to present and sell a business/product (one in the same) to potential buyer (bigger company) without risking them stealing my idea?

I have developed my product completely, and have built a business for the product to be able to take to market. The product is unlike anything else on the market as of now and in my opinion would...

asked Apr 23 '11 at 06:07
Blank
User9915
16 points

1 Votes
2 Answers
2.46K Views
What do you do when you have an idea _and_ money but no expertise or experience creating a technical product?

I know that seems like a "how do I cope with my spoil of riches?" type question and I apologize in advance for being the type of amateur class that for all I know has a popular tumblr blog...

asked Apr 23 '11 at 14:41
Blank
Ray Kinsella Not Really
6 points

2 Votes
7 Answers
3.08K Views
Is it a real pain? Should I spend a couple of month of my time on it?

I always hear that a good idea is to solve people's pain. Here I have one: Pain: When I really want to talk to some one. His/her phone is always busy/no answer/please leave message ... etc. So I...

asked Apr 14 '11 at 10:02
Blank
Ethan
11 points

6 Votes
5 Answers
4.34K Views
Should I give away my idea to an incubator program?

I'm considering applying my site, currently early in development, to YCombinator. Do I risk having my idea stolen by going through with the application process? They're asking very specific...

asked Mar 31 '11 at 03:40
Blank
Edit This
88 points

4 Votes
3 Answers
3.05K Views
Doing a startup on H1-B

I have been itching to do a startup since a long time but this visa (H1-B) is getting forever to sort out (6+ years already) One idea to work around the H1B issue is as follows - I transfer my...

asked Mar 31 '11 at 07:46
Blank
User9070
21 points

8 Votes
4 Answers
3.33K Views
How to validate startup idea w/o giving it away?

My current startup has stabilized and is running pretty much on cruise-control... What is interesting, however, is that as I was looking to provide an additional service to my potential customers,...

asked Apr 5 '11 at 06:38
Blank
Igorek
886 points

10 Votes
1 Answers
1.94K Views
What are the liability risks of shared startup ideas?

I've been working on a startup plan, and, per the advice I've seen many times, haven't kept it a secret, but rather have talked to a lot of people about it, and gotten some good ideas and...

asked Apr 8 '11 at 03:18
Blank
Michael C. O'connor
153 points

7 Votes
8 Answers
5.07K Views
Think I Have a Great Startup Idea, Don't Know Next Steps

Ok, so everyone thinks they have the next big great idea. Let's just assume for the sake of this question that I really DO have a good/great idea. Some background and basic. I'm obviously not...

asked Mar 24 '11 at 03:47
Blank
Phil Sandler
138 points

2 Votes
4 Answers
2.02K Views
How investors decide, jockey or horse?

For your experience do investors bet on the jockey (founder-s) more than on the horse (idea), when it comes to startups? Also what is general considered attractive investment opportunity when it...

asked Mar 17 '11 at 11:00
Blank
Mat Banik
325 points

0 Votes
1 Answers
2.16K Views
iphone app credit idea

I am looking to develop a mobile application that allows users to sell and purchase a digital asset using a micropayment credit system. We also may require using internal functionality of the...

asked Mar 22 '11 at 02:03
Blank
Mconnors
15 points

3 Votes
4 Answers
2.52K Views
What is better to start a business: a Great Idea or Skills/Expertise?

There are two alternatives to startup path: A great idea (to solve a gigantic consumer problem) with enormous scalability, sustainability for long-term but in a different field/industry in which...

asked Mar 22 '11 at 17:32
Blank
Financewhiz
36 points