Ideas Questions

1 Votes
2 Answers
2.11K Views
Choosing a business to dive into

Let me start by giving a quick intro to myself. I've worked as a Technician for hosting companies, Systems Administrator for software development companies, as a CTO for a very successful online...

asked Mar 10 '11 at 11:45
Blank
Kerx Philo
118 points

4 Votes
2 Answers
2.62K Views
Getting an idea off the ground, and protecting it at the same time

This is my first question on here, so please excuse me if I haven't got used to any cultural norms this stack site has. I have an idea, a great idea. An idea that I truly believe, with maybe a...

asked Mar 11 '11 at 21:17
Blank
Mild Fuzz
121 points

4 Votes
5 Answers
2.45K Views
How can I stop a new business from collapsing

I love software and plan to startup a business out of it. However I am told that over 90% of new startups fail before their 5th birthday. I don't intend to fail but I wonder what it takes to...

asked Feb 24 '11 at 23:24
Blank
Dr Deo
123 points

3 Votes
6 Answers
2.36K Views
Need ideas: Selling a lite version of our eBook on Amazon

We are in the process of creating an eBook. Now we are contemplating to release this ebook in two versions, full and lite. 'Lite' version would be created to reach the extensive Amazon audience....

asked Feb 26 '11 at 23:20
Blank
Ankur Jain
566 points

3 Votes
4 Answers
2.44K Views
Is my code startup-worthy?

I created a pretty complex piece of software a while back for a client. I own all access rights to the code and can do anything with it. In a very brief summary, this code can connect to a...

asked Feb 12 '11 at 08:10
Blank
Cbmeeks
135 points

2 Votes
6 Answers
3.37K Views
Is it a good idea to create a new app on WordPress?

Is it a good idea to use WordPress as the base for a startup app? Would a VC invest in an app if it was built on WordPress, regardless of the idea? The app, for example, is a photosharing site...

asked Feb 17 '11 at 15:19
Blank
Sirwan Qutbi
14 points

3 Votes
5 Answers
5.56K Views
How to source deals for my daily deals website start up?

Firstly, I know what you are thinking already, "Not another daily deals website!" - it's true, I am entering an oversaturated, highly competitive market of daily deal websites. It's going to be an...

asked Feb 17 '11 at 17:23
Blank
Digital Sea
1,613 points

2 Votes
4 Answers
3.65K Views
Startup ideas: social networks aimed at specific interest groups

A startup idea has recently crept into my head which is basically a social networking site aimed at a specific interest group. The rough concept would be a somewhat cut down version of facebook,...

asked Jan 28 '11 at 20:22
Blank
William Lannen
195 points

2 Votes
3 Answers
2.95K Views
How many people should I get to fill out my survey?

I'm trying to do things the proper, "lean" way by looking to survey potential users/customers so I can develop a product people want. The survey is out, but how do I know when I have sufficient...

asked Feb 3 '11 at 05:48
Blank
Acconrad
113 points

1 Votes
1 Answers
1.62K Views
Suggestions for a video game site that deals with videos?

I'm about to launch a very (VERY) simple site for video games. It's basically a site that allows you to watch Youtube videos for video games. I'm struggling with the "chicken or egg" problem. I...

asked Feb 4 '11 at 03:02
Blank
Cbmeeks
135 points

3 Votes
2 Answers
2.61K Views
Instapaper for videos?

I love instapaper (read later or any similar tool ), My question is who's going to do it for videos? Imagine that you see a video but want to watch it later, you click your bookmarklet (browser...

asked Feb 6 '11 at 08:41
Blank
The Dictator
2,305 points

2 Votes
4 Answers
2.97K Views
I need to change the name of my blog... can you help with suggestions?

I created the blog Austin Tech Geeks in August of last year. It's been somewhat successful as I have been able to get a decent number of subscribers and uniques every month. The blog is about tech...

asked Jan 17 '11 at 04:26
Blank
Ricardo
4,815 points

5 Votes
3 Answers
4.4K Views
I have a great Idea for a Startup, a Web App Business, How and Where to start?

I have a great idea for a web app in personal finance niche. It's a B2C. I have brainstormed and did some research. I made some specs and wrote the idea explaining every functionality. There is...

asked Jan 17 '11 at 22:28
Blank
Andy Mortin
141 points

8 Votes
7 Answers
3.65K Views
How to deal with easily copyable idea?

I have a new idea that's dead simple and I don't think it's been done before. what precautions should I take to prevent a copycat from emerging and getting popular? I know getting all the press...

asked Jan 19 '11 at 09:28
Blank
Jason Glib
96 points

1 Votes
6 Answers
3.21K Views
How do I come up with a B2B idea?

I am a first time entrepreneur and have been on the lookout for an idea I can execute. I am interested in creating a service on the web for small and mid size businesses. My day job is a Software...

asked Jan 25 '11 at 12:39
Blank
User3462
345 points

2 Votes
1 Answers
7.06K Views
Is it possible to patent a programming language?

I am considering inventing a new specialized programming language, which should increase the human/computer communication speed considerably. I, therefore, have two questions: Is it possible to...

asked Jan 12 '11 at 20:39
Blank
David
1,567 points

4 Votes
3 Answers
2.38K Views
commercial applications for visual search?

This is a video of the google goggles app which does a good job of explaining what the current state of the art in visual search can do. its also being applied to searching patents, product...

asked Dec 17 '10 at 09:45
Blank
Ben
522 points

0 Votes
2 Answers
2.03K Views
Where and with whom can I do product development?

Assuming I have an idea for an iPhone Gadget like this: Griffin-Simplifi-iPhone-Reader-Aluminum I am a creative person or a designer. If I want to realize this product to whom do I have to go, to...

asked Dec 19 '10 at 00:33
Blank
Erik
101 points

2 Votes
2 Answers
2.86K Views
So I've got this great idea for the iPad... but what next?

Maybe someone has experience with this? I've been mulling this idea for an app that would really show off what's possible with a tablet like the iPad. It doesn't exist yet, and I want it to. I'm...

asked Dec 5 '10 at 08:17
Blank
Matt H.
130 points

0 Votes
3 Answers
2.23K Views
What industry/field are going to change the world during next decade?

What's your opinion? Will it still be the Information technology?

asked Dec 10 '10 at 19:15
Blank
Steven
1 point