Ideas Questions

0 Votes
2 Answers
2.15K Views
crowd financing - any opinions/comments?

What would your SWOT analysis say for following kind of website? phase 1: Get people/organizations who are looking for financing their projects. phase 2: Get people who can provide finance to...

asked Feb 11 '10 at 17:50
Blank
Sandeep Satavlekar
325 points

4 Votes
3 Answers
2.9K Views
Brainstorming the idea of Strategic Alliances

I'm reflecting on the ideas of businesses partnering with other businesses who are targeting the same audience. The idea would be to "partner together" and help promote one another. eg. Business...

asked Jan 27 '10 at 06:15
Blank
Matt
460 points

5 Votes
6 Answers
3.44K Views
What if a big company copies my idea after my website goes public?

I have developed a website. If I go to meet an angel investor, he may ask, "Do you think your website is innovative?" I can answer "Yes." Then he may ask,"Suppose your website is innovative, what...

asked Jan 12 '10 at 23:14
Blank
Steven
1 point

5 Votes
7 Answers
3.5K Views
How can non/coders contribute to a startup?

The subject is the question. How can someone who does not know how to code contribute to a startup? Do you recommend that that member attempt to learn some basic coding so as to contribute to the...

asked Jan 20 '10 at 11:23
Blank
Eric Amzalag
818 points

15 Votes
8 Answers
3.87K Views
How novel does a startup idea need to be?

I Googled my idea and found another company that has been doing the same thing for a few years. It's for somewhat of a niche market, but everyone I talk to (including potential clients) says it's a...

asked Dec 24 '09 at 04:49
Blank
Coder Dennis
691 points

2 Votes
6 Answers
2.92K Views
New Year's Resolutions for a Start-Up Founder

What are some new things that a start-up founder should do next year? If I was making a start-up checklist for 2010, what would you put on it? Things you absolutely must do Things you should...

asked Jan 1 '10 at 00:12
Blank
Even Mien
131 points

6 Votes
9 Answers
3.75K Views
Strategies for coming up with ideas

The first step in any startup must be coming up with an idea and this seems a big first hurdle. A lot of people seem to come up with these ideas either to address problems they are experiencing...

asked Jan 7 '10 at 02:26
Blank
James
173 points

7 Votes
4 Answers
3.64K Views
How do you evaluate the competitive landscape before building?

Suppose you are evaluating an idea for commercial viability. You look to see whether there are competitors. Of course there are, because there always are. How do you judge whether the market has an...

asked Jan 7 '10 at 04:21
Blank
Dan
303 points

5 Votes
7 Answers
3.77K Views
Protecting my idea

I have a unique money making idea in the Social Web space. I have discussed the idea with some trusted friends who's opinions I highly value and they agree it is something unique. I also have a...

asked Jan 8 '10 at 01:18
Blank
Mathaix
510 points

5 Votes
6 Answers
5.49K Views
How to identify the problems to solve in an industry you know nothing about

I'm not sure how to word this but I'll do my best. I'm in the software business. I know this industry very well and am able to identify problems within this industry. However, there's a ton of...

asked Dec 8 '09 at 12:20
Blank
Olivier Lalonde
2,753 points

8 Votes
6 Answers
3.52K Views
What's the most interesting Twitter strategy that you've seen a startup use?

It seems like most startups on Twitter use one of two strategies: 1) Broadcast links & information about the company. 2) Broadcast links & information about the industry related to the...

asked Dec 12 '09 at 16:50
Blank
Aaron Q
101 points

2 Votes
5 Answers
2.86K Views
How to ensure success before launching?

Dharmesh Shah made mention about talking people to people who are interested in your domain about your product before releasing your idea. he talks about it in this video over at mixergy. Excellent...

asked Dec 13 '09 at 06:55
Blank
Espinet
221 points

0 Votes
5 Answers
3.06K Views
How should we approach selling to entrepreneurs?

We recently launched a new service business. Our target is the potential entrepreneur. Our goal is to help the people go from curious to competent in making the go/no go decision in launching...

asked Nov 26 '09 at 09:02
Blank
Ideareview
61 points

6 Votes
7 Answers
3.9K Views
How do you start a software business when you have no idea about it

Let's say that I have come up with a good software idea that needs to be built and designed. Let's also imagine that I have no background in IT and therefore need to find somebody to build and...

asked Nov 30 '09 at 03:19
Blank
A. Garcia
1,601 points

3 Votes
3 Answers
2.48K Views
Mingling in angel investor gathering

I will be joining an event on angel financing where there will be quite some angel investors shown up. Just wonder what I should talk about when meeting those angels, should I pitch them my ideas...

asked Nov 12 '09 at 03:08
Blank
Martin
16 points

2 Votes
2 Answers
1.89K Views
Facebook and Twitter updates in same stream?

I have an idea about an app and one of the many things it would do is allow the user to view twitter and facebook updates in the same stream. This really isn't key to the app, but I'm wondering if...

asked Nov 14 '09 at 08:22
Blank
Joey Green
173 points

4 Votes
6 Answers
3.35K Views
why Can't Yahoo/MS build a good search engine ifnot better than google

I know this sounds like a technical question, but I am asking from an entrepreneurial angle. Both Yahoo and Microsoft have been in the industry for decades, but what prevents them from coming up...

asked Nov 17 '09 at 05:11
Blank
Syed
445 points

5 Votes
4 Answers
2.62K Views
What's the value of duplicating other's ideas?

There are lots and lots of startups that succeeded. They prove that the idea behind them was good just as much as the implementation and marketing and all that stuff were good. Then sometimes a...

asked Oct 26 '09 at 16:56
Blank
Kender
166 points

5 Votes
8 Answers
3.03K Views
Startup Business Model - infinite partners

Here is my weird idea about startup Business Model. Facebook, Twitter and most of all other web startups valuation is based on number of users. Then why user don't get cut? What if you give cut to...

asked Oct 29 '09 at 00:49
Blank
Web Thinker
430 points

3 Votes
9 Answers
3.42K Views
Thinking about creating small desktop games, who is this market?

I'm thinking about starting to build and publish small desktop games and puzzles. My background is 10 years of server c++/java programming. No GUI experience, and no gaming experience. I just love...

asked Oct 29 '09 at 17:13
Blank
Meir
238 points