Outsourcing Questions

0 Votes
2 Answers
2K Views
oDesk for Selenium test writting?

Is it "smart" to outsource writting of selenium tests to oDesk/eLance/Guru etc? Is there anything I should look out for? Advice on how to manage the remote worker?

asked Oct 23 '12 at 20:24
Blank
Justin Alexander
111 points

1 Votes
2 Answers
2.07K Views
Is choosing a commercial technology going to make it harder to find hackers to hire?

I am currently working as a tech advisor for a start-up. We tried composing a dev team for a while, but were unable to find talented people. We got a proposal from a company to build our app,...

asked Aug 19 '12 at 06:52
Blank
Xananax
108 points

0 Votes
3 Answers
3.05K Views
Outsourcing to software development team vs an individual developer

We are developing a relatively straightforward Windows software application, and the question has arisen of whether it makes sense to outsource to a four-person development team (Project Manager,...

asked Aug 26 '12 at 01:23
Blank
Josh
11 points

34 Votes
9 Answers
13.9K Views
Dilemma: to outsource the coding or do it yourself

I develop and sell iPhone apps. I've released one app, and decided to build a few more, in parallel. I thought about outsourcing some of the coding, so I went on Elance and posted some jobs there....

asked Aug 6 '12 at 05:54
Blank
Black Rider
297 points

0 Votes
1 Answers
2.03K Views
Another company to manage activities of other company

I'm wondering if there is any limit of activities another company could carry out for my company? I have a limited company in the UK, live outside the UK, and would like another company or a...

asked Jun 9 '12 at 08:25
Blank
Lukeshek
452 points

1 Votes
2 Answers
2.24K Views
How much can a business founder outsource in a web startup?

Sure, it would be ideal to find a tech cofounder, but that is not always possible. It is easy to oursource the work to build the initial website, but as the website grows and user activity...

asked Jun 2 '12 at 01:55
Blank
Sk24iam
344 points

0 Votes
2 Answers
1.89K Views
What plan of IT outsource company to get long term clients

We are small IT outsource company located in Ukraine (but registered in USA). We have clients over the world. We are working like dedicated team, for existed projects who need cost effective...

asked Apr 23 '12 at 03:13
Blank
Paul
1 point

1 Votes
2 Answers
2.25K Views
Paid Market Testing

I am planning at a new startup and would like to a-b-test several elements (such as the brand name / logo / sales pitch) before the actual product launch. Ideally, I would love to pay a service...

asked Mar 27 '12 at 12:01
Blank
0x90
106 points

1 Votes
4 Answers
2.39K Views
What marketing materials could be created for presenting outsourcing company?

I'm focusing on direct sales at software and mobile outsourcing company, located in Eastern Europe. Our management is often traveling around Europe to meet with clients. I was wondering what...

asked Mar 22 '12 at 00:47
Blank
Alena
6 points

8 Votes
7 Answers
3.19K Views
Off Shore vs "Self Development"

After being a senior developer for quite a few years (more than 15) I would like to start my own business and implement a product that will be used for financial purpose (it will probably take 4-5...

asked Mar 6 '12 at 04:18
Blank
Massimiliano Peluso
172 points

1 Votes
2 Answers
2.08K Views
As a US-based LLC, how to properly account for offshore service providers

I am currently an owner of a US based single member LLC in Delaware which is in the startup stage. I am a US citizen, for what it matters. Physically, I am living in Poland, which is part of the...

asked Feb 10 '12 at 20:45
Blank
Ever Tabs
108 points

3 Votes
6 Answers
4.08K Views
Hiring a freelancer to build an app

I'm deciding to hire a freelancer to build an app from one of the following websites: GoFreelance, ODesk, Rent-a-coder, eLance. The thing is that I don't know how much my app will cost me. I have...

asked Feb 7 '12 at 23:10
Blank
Dole Doug
141 points

2 Votes
2 Answers
2.06K Views
A "competitive edge" for an offshore development company?

I am an American with (a bit of) a marketing background, though currently I live in Minsk, Belarus. I recently met the CEO of a very tiny Software Development start-up, and we developed a friendly...

asked Jan 28 '12 at 03:56
Blank
Davey Boy
55 points

4 Votes
3 Answers
2.45K Views
What are the top problems (and solutions if they exist) with outsourcing software development overseas?

I've tried outsourcing software development (I'm a developer but don't have time to do all that I need to). Some issues I've had: Poor Unit Testing skills : the developer does not test the units...

asked Jan 31 '12 at 00:54
Blank
Clay Nichols
737 points

0 Votes
1 Answers
2.4K Views
Is John Jonas (of ReplaceMyself.com, outsourcing "guru") legit or just a smarmy marketing guy?

I've read a bit of John Jonas's stuff. He's got some really polished marketing but it's compelling: using outsourcing effectively. Has anyone had direct experience with his advice, consulting,...

asked Jan 31 '12 at 12:13
Blank
Clay Nichols
737 points

1 Votes
4 Answers
2.54K Views
Can I outsource myself?

If I plan to do a purely internet based startup, could I outsource myself to the cheapest place on Earth, and manage my startup from there? This way, my cost of living would be minimal, while my...

asked Jan 21 '12 at 04:09
Blank
Siamii
195 points

0 Votes
1 Answers
2.06K Views
One or two companies

I am facing a dilemma: Currently my mobile/web development start-up company is working on two non-profit projects, that may find an audience and therefore promote the company's name among mobile...

asked Jan 22 '12 at 05:04
Blank
Maxim V. Pavlov
217 points

7 Votes
4 Answers
3K Views
Examples of tasks you have successfully delegated

I am looking for examples of tasks that you have successfully delegated to others - be it either in house staff, virtual assistants or outsourcing.

asked Jan 13 '12 at 02:33
Blank
Ryan
1,365 points

1 Votes
4 Answers
2.11K Views
Reasons to get local admin assistant rather than Virtual Assistant?

Under what circumstances might it make sense to employ a local admin assistant rather than a remote Virtual Assistant?

asked Jan 13 '12 at 21:53
Blank
Ryan
1,365 points

2 Votes
2 Answers
2.17K Views
Asking a company to be a tech partner

I have been on a fruitless search for a technical partner to help me build a web startup. In the meantime, I went ahead and had the MVP built by an offshore company. They've done a pretty good job,...

asked Dec 29 '11 at 03:26
Blank
Li Zhou
323 points