Outsourcing Questions

2 Votes
3 Answers
2.26K Views
what is the best way to to reach web design agencies, studios and freelancers?

We are a small studio providing various website production services. We mainly provide services to web design firms and individuals. Currently i have been using email marketing, adnetworks like...

asked Jun 30 '11 at 01:12
Blank
Dipesh
11 points

6 Votes
4 Answers
2.41K Views
Outsourcing Development

I've read all the posts and articles against non-tech founders, I get it. That's not my question (this time..) My question is how does everyone feel about the idea of outsourcing development to a...

asked Jun 9 '11 at 08:17
Blank
Aslyesnow
214 points

1 Votes
3 Answers
2.96K Views
Should I outsource the development of my idea or develop it myself?

Short background: I have a web startup idea which solves an existing problem. There are many online solutions available for the problem, but my solution is "unique". I have done a basic background...

asked May 23 '11 at 01:41
Blank
Yuvraj
57 points

2 Votes
2 Answers
1.83K Views
Can or should a small IT start-up delegate sys admin activities to a 3rd party?

Following discussions triggered on another question: let's imagine a small start-up company who has to decide what to do with its capital. Two suggestions are made: a) The company spends capital...

asked May 12 '11 at 23:52
Blank
J Verstry
152 points

4 Votes
4 Answers
3.44K Views
Is it legal to pay outsourced hourly contractors less than minimum wage if they are based in the U.S.?

If I hire someone on oDesk or a similar website by the hour and they are based in the U.S., will my company get in trouble for paying that person less than minimum wage? I've found some answers on...

asked Apr 28 '11 at 05:24
Blank
Andy Cook
2,309 points

1 Votes
3 Answers
2.08K Views
How do I get the best result when outsourcing boring web research and data entry

I am planning to build an outsourced web research/data entry team via Odesk. In my opinion the job will be pretty boring - it will require researching certain types of websites, copying...

asked Apr 23 '11 at 07:15
Blank
Trish
186 points

3 Votes
1 Answers
2.81K Views
Can you outsource sales for high tech companies?

Following on from my previous question about outsourced marketing can you outsource sales effort as well in b2b senarios? Once marketing has brought in a qualified lead someone has to get the...

asked Apr 4 '11 at 10:55
Blank
Robin Vessey
8,394 points

2 Votes
3 Answers
1.98K Views
Should a Minimum Viable Product be standards validated?

Assuming a minimum viable product's UI and functionality have been tested, should one bother to validate to standards like W3C and such?

asked Apr 8 '11 at 23:00
Blank
Raj Kumar
11 points

2 Votes
5 Answers
3.71K Views
Outsourcing most development/design for a SaaS startup. Is it feasible or will I go broke before starting?

The service I'm planning to launch, requires a lot of work (code and design-wise), and it definitely needs more than 1-2 persons. In my country, start-up partners are hard to find/non-existent. It...

asked Mar 18 '11 at 19:08
Blank
Dyn Zack
216 points

4 Votes
6 Answers
3.6K Views
Ideas for outsourcing to a virtual assistant

Especially when working on a startup, the more time consuming tasks you can outsource, the better. Is there a forum or community that would be a good resource for ideas on how to outsource more...

asked Feb 24 '11 at 01:38
Blank
Mike Nicholaides
121 points

0 Votes
2 Answers
2.02K Views
Please suggest how I can establish a relationship with young startups in US using Social Media?

We are an young startup whose target market in other young startups and SME's. We intend to provide them with service like blogging, link building, content research and other activities that will...

asked Feb 18 '11 at 05:35
Blank
Beginning Steps
50 points

1 Votes
5 Answers
2.44K Views
Differences between "design contest" services, and recommendations

I need to design a logo, a business card, and website for an idea I'm developing. I want to use one of the "Design Contest" websites. But I'm not sure which one. Seems like there are some...

asked Feb 7 '11 at 21:36
Blank
Christian
138 points

18 Votes
11 Answers
6.01K Views
Is Outsourcing Evil?

I find the topic of outsourcing incredibly interesting, and I propose the question: Is Outsourcing Evil? A recent blog post at onstartups got me going about even more about it. Up until this week...

asked Jan 7 '11 at 09:24
Blank
Alex Cook
641 points

2 Votes
2 Answers
1.79K Views
Any recommendations for technical writers?

Can someone please recommend a good firm or contractor for writing and maintaining an online product manual in English?

asked Jan 8 '11 at 06:01
Blank
Oleg Barshay
2,091 points

10 Votes
8 Answers
3.73K Views
New Startup - How to outsource everything without losing control

I run one technology startup now that takes up most/all of my time. I have another idea for a technology startup and wanted to outsource everything either through contract workers or salaried...

asked Dec 16 '10 at 14:55
Blank
Steve
56 points

4 Votes
5 Answers
2.42K Views
I need a solution for getting about 1K business cards into CRM

My CEO is a very public figure. She is at multiple events every night and rarely comes back with less than a huge stack of cards. I need to make sure the follow-up system is there, so I need all...

asked Dec 20 '10 at 13:53
Blank
Apollo Sinkevicius
3,323 points

2 Votes
2 Answers
2.86K Views
So I've got this great idea for the iPad... but what next?

Maybe someone has experience with this? I've been mulling this idea for an app that would really show off what's possible with a tablet like the iPad. It doesn't exist yet, and I want it to. I'm...

asked Dec 5 '10 at 08:17
Blank
Matt H.
130 points

3 Votes
1 Answers
3.01K Views
Where can I find independant commission based sales contractors?

I have spoken with many agencies and posted many ads. No joy. Is there any place where I can find telecommuting sales force for selling IT services?

asked Nov 12 '10 at 22:22
Blank
User5359
48 points

8 Votes
8 Answers
3.63K Views
Tips for hiring a freelancer programmer?

I'll be writing my own web-site soon, and some parts of it I plan to outsource to developers (either people I know, or if I won't find any - developers from "freelancers sites"). Has anyone who...

asked Nov 3 '10 at 08:44
Blank
Oren A
141 points

-1 Votes
1 Answers
1.63K Views
Can anyone help me create a Magento online shop?

I'm trying to get my head around the Magento system so that I can launch my business into the online commerce world. Can anyone recommend any guides, books, online service provider platforms where...

asked Nov 5 '10 at 00:15
Blank
User5230
6 points