Outsourcing Questions

5 Votes
2 Answers
2.27K Views
What do software startups do for support type tasks once the product/site goes live?

For those of you that sell a software package that is installed within an organization (web based or not) how do you handle support? Do you hire a few people to take calls, e-mails and handle the...

asked Oct 20 '10 at 04:41
Blank
Reggie Dunlop
26 points

1 Votes
3 Answers
2.01K Views
What should I do about a delayed development project?

I hired a company to build a web project for me. Unfortunately, I didn't specify project completion date and milestones. I was told the project will be complete in 3-4 months and I believed the...

asked Sep 24 '10 at 02:41
Blank
Pennyfiller13
86 points

0 Votes
4 Answers
3.51K Views
Does Outsourcing Sales work? Do you know any good companies and what is your own experience?

We were approached by some websites that offer virtual outsourced sales teams and I'm wondering if anyone has successfully used them, and which companies are recommendable in your experience? What...

asked Aug 4 '10 at 19:00
Blank
Tatiana Andrushko
16 points

2 Votes
2 Answers
2.46K Views
Questions for outsourced projects

I would like to get the following information related to outsourced project. What are the best practices to follow for the payment plan/structure when you are working with outsourced development...

asked Jun 9 '10 at 03:12
Blank
User2202
164 points

2 Votes
4 Answers
2.16K Views
Delegating software development work to freelancers

My partner and I are the only members of our startup consulting company. We are at the point where we fully realize the need to delegate work in order to grow. We want to practice our people and...

asked May 2 '10 at 12:33
Blank
Startup Struggler
77 points

2 Votes
4 Answers
2.78K Views
Any examples of outsourcing experts and keeping the clerks?

Large companies are often relying on a few key people, who have some sort of critical knowledge. This is mostly (as far as I can see) knowledge on how the company works, and with it the knowledge...

asked May 2 '10 at 18:45
Blank
David
1,567 points

1 Votes
3 Answers
2.94K Views
Looking for Twitter App Builder

I have a small fun Twitter app idea and I was wondering if there are Twitter app builders such as the ones you can find for iPhone? Similar to MobileRoadie or Appcelerator for Twitter specific for...

asked Apr 3 '10 at 07:03
Blank
Mosses
9 points

0 Votes
2 Answers
2.17K Views
Recommendations for a reputable PHP/MySQL web outsourcing agency?

We are considering outsourcing some of our web development (Kohana PHP , MySQL) so that we can development multiple streams at the same time, and to keep costs down. I love like to hear from...

asked Apr 3 '10 at 22:34
Blank
Matt O
44 points

10 Votes
7 Answers
3.38K Views
I've got a great algorithm, now what?

I have an algorithm for doing OCR (Optical Character Recognition) in a way that no one has ever done before. I've built rudimentary prototype software and I've tested my algorithm against the...

asked Apr 12 '10 at 08:08
Blank
Amichai
241 points

5 Votes
9 Answers
4.69K Views
Hire or outsource web design?

When building a website in a bootstrapped startup, is it better to hire a web designer or outsource the work? All of the founders are coders and don't excel in web design. Apart from that, if the...

asked Mar 9 '10 at 23:53
Blank
Slavo
316 points

3 Votes
4 Answers
5.96K Views
Paying workers over the internet?

A lot of startups involve not just receiving payment, but also disbursing payment: WOrker crowdsourcing (mechanical turk, crowd flower), code + design outsourcing (Odesk, Elance, crowd spring),...

asked Mar 22 '10 at 02:32
Blank
Joseph Turian
895 points

3 Votes
5 Answers
3.73K Views
How to outsource marketing / sales

First of all I know that "sales and marketing" is my business it's not something to outsource. However I'm in a different situation: I don't have budget and the long-term commitment position to...

asked Mar 22 '10 at 19:17
Blank
The Dictator
2,305 points

1 Votes
3 Answers
2.96K Views
How to best approach the creation of marketing materials on a budget

I'm planning on putting together some marketing materials - some on the web, some printed. I would like to work with a 'professional' to help execute my vision, but don't want to hold the person's...

asked Mar 25 '10 at 01:20
Blank
Ev Conrad
561 points

5 Votes
11 Answers
6.26K Views
Outsource basic webdev maintenance? (eLance vs oDesk vs Guru vs RentACoder)

I am considering outsourcing some basic webdev maintenance work. Little tasks like: "Please add clock or other wait indicator when the AJAX is still processing." that should take less than an hour...

asked Feb 24 '10 at 08:54
Blank
Joseph Turian
895 points

4 Votes
2 Answers
2.5K Views
Best way to get a developer working for you?

I would like to know what is the best way to hire someone to help you building a web-site. I heard about guru.com and elance but I am not convinced that I can get someone from there who can help me...

asked Feb 25 '10 at 06:54
Blank
Gyurisc
143 points

8 Votes
2 Answers
3.65K Views
Books / Advice on running an outsource software development shop?

So there's tons of documentation and books on project management, agile development, how to manage outsourcing projects, how to send our project offshore, etc... But I'm on the other side, I'm...

asked Feb 26 '10 at 03:05
Blank
Rabble
141 points

0 Votes
3 Answers
2.34K Views
Examples of companies that have created a platform for other companies

So far I have come up with the following: Apple (through Apps Store) Microsoft (allowing anyone to develop working software on their platform), creating a virtual monopoly) There could be other...

asked Feb 27 '10 at 19:37
Blank
David
1,567 points

4 Votes
4 Answers
2.16K Views
Time Keeps On Slippin...So Stop Already!

As an entrepreneur, I'm always looking for ways to use my time more efficiently. Several years ago I took a time management course while working on my dissertation in which the primary message was...

asked Mar 2 '10 at 03:56
Blank
Fractal Guy
254 points

1 Votes
2 Answers
3.4K Views
What do you think of Crowdsourcing? What is its market size?

Just outsource tasks, projects or services,etc, to other companies or individuals through internet.

asked Feb 8 '10 at 16:23
Blank
Steven
1 point

4 Votes
1 Answers
3.7K Views
Interviewing virtual teams

How is interviewing virtual team members different from ordinary staff hiring, if speaking about software outsourcing? When the personal meeting is impossible, what are the key actions that help...

asked Feb 16 '10 at 20:46
Blank
Alena Shechkova
101 points