Outsourcing Questions

1 Votes
3 Answers
2.11K Views
Outsourcing in India

Before i ask this question i want to preface it by saying that it is not meant with any racial judgement and i would like answers that are pure and coming from an honest and non-bigoty place. With...

asked Aug 21 '13 at 02:55
Blank
Amin Brodie
39 points

7 Votes
4 Answers
5.87K Views
Client asking for source code

I am an online software developer who does freelancing through an online portal. I started this last year but achieved success only this year. I found a very good client who said he has a job chain...

asked Jul 21 '13 at 03:22
Blank
Super Nova
138 points

0 Votes
1 Answers
1.96K Views
build a product but no engineer experience?

I have an idea how I want my new product to look and really good market gap. I can do a quick design in Google Sketchup and I will send my design to someone who can make it in a professional form...

asked Jun 7 '13 at 21:20
Blank
I'll Be Back
103 points

3 Votes
2 Answers
7.65K Views
How to charge a client for outsourced work on hourly contracts?

I run a small web development company. I take on a few clients and do much of the work myself. Typically I build e-commerce shops or basic wordpress sites. Sometimes the development is beyond the...

asked Jun 12 '13 at 19:42
Blank
Start It
18 points

0 Votes
1 Answers
1.94K Views
Starting up a small web offshore web design boutique

To those who are currently running a similar business model or who has experience, can you advice what are the crucial parts In running this kind of business? I've been freelancing as a web...

asked Jun 29 '13 at 07:12
Blank
Pennf0lio
140 points

3 Votes
6 Answers
3.6K Views
How do investors feel about investing in an outsourced MVP?

We are a semi non-technical team, that has access to technical people that will oversee the technical side of the build. Our thoughts, are to use the working MVP to validate the idea, and hopefully...

asked Apr 28 '13 at 05:16
Blank
Derek
164 points

1 Votes
1 Answers
1.73K Views
What are some signs of a bad fulfillment company?

Most of the articles I've read online give fair warning of crooked fulfillment companies, eager to rip of the first-time start up. The number one thing I've read is that "good fulfillment...

asked May 1 '13 at 03:04
Blank
Pblock
133 points

2 Votes
3 Answers
2.11K Views
Problem with outsourcing to freelancers

I have been outsourcing some work to freelancers. I have had some great success and some less than ideal outcomes. If I am working with a freelancer who is not pulling their weight for whatever...

asked Apr 9 '13 at 23:32
Blank
Andrew Welch
167 points

2 Votes
1 Answers
1.78K Views
Startup advice on business structure for an international call center

I'm Canadian and living in Canada and I have a professional friend who is American and living in the States. He and I want to start a call center. The operation will be centered around him for...

asked Mar 25 '13 at 04:43
Blank
User25605
11 points

1 Votes
2 Answers
2.48K Views
Implementation partners-protecting source code

I have an existing SAAS platform and I am in the process of working with multiple implementation partners or vendors for some enhancements. How do I make sure my source code is protected? Some of...

asked Mar 7 '13 at 03:35
Blank
User8226
197 points

0 Votes
2 Answers
2.13K Views
Percentage of successful technology start ups that outsourced product development

There's an interesting question from this site, but I'd like to ask something more specific. Let me re-post the original question first: In fact, I've seen some start-ups fail quite badly after...

asked Jan 14 '13 at 02:48
Blank
John
170 points

1 Votes
2 Answers
2.03K Views
Outsourcing editing / proofreading and design work

I am at the point where I need to outsource some work. I have been looking at a site called www.peopleperhour.com and I have got some responses on there. In fact I am meeting up with someone I...

asked Jan 23 '13 at 20:52
Blank
Andrew Welch
167 points

11 Votes
3 Answers
2.68K Views
How to start a company for my website and hire programmers without risk of losing my code?

I have a gaming website that is making me around 3000 Euros monthly. I see great potential to expand this website but it's not a 1 person job and I need to hire a programmer to help me speed up the...

asked Jan 3 '13 at 00:32
Blank
Sina Balochi
56 points

2 Votes
2 Answers
3.16K Views
Does a US employer need to pay any taxes for a non-US freelancer hired online?

We own an International Web Development company and get hired from all over the globe. We need to know if one of our US clients, needs to pay taxes for hiring us. They paid us $750.00USD via...

asked Jan 13 '13 at 15:08
Blank
Juapo2 Services
13 points

1 Votes
1 Answers
2.34K Views
Outsourcing development with friends and family money

My cofounders and I have bootstrapped so far to get a hardcoded (doesn't connect with a server) iOS prototype for $10k from a local outsourced developer. We have no traction yet and are in need of...

asked Dec 16 '12 at 14:26
Blank
V B
24 points

3 Votes
2 Answers
2.22K Views
When hiring a freelancer, should I lump together related tasks or spread them out?

I'm building a web app that will require API integration with numerous platforms like Flickr, Tumblr, etc. It's relatively straight forward stuff--I just need to allow users to import their various...

asked Dec 21 '12 at 07:24
Blank
Richard
357 points

4 Votes
2 Answers
2.33K Views
How to manage phone support to the US?

We're a two-member team operating from Asia but incorporated in Delaware (for various reasons), and we'll soon release our first webapp. Since the target audience of our app would be US and...

asked Dec 23 '12 at 05:04
Blank
Nimbuz
174 points

5 Votes
5 Answers
3.15K Views
Why can't I find any reliable web development help? What am I doing wrong?

I operate a web development firm with an increasing volume of work. Rather than hire local developers as full-time employees, I've taken the approach of working with a network of remote developers...

asked Nov 29 '12 at 09:43
Blank
Contrazoom
186 points

8 Votes
7 Answers
3.55K Views
I think I've been scammed by a programmer I hired

I had this brilliant startup idea for a while, and finally had some small funds to hire a programmer. It's been about two months now with no functionality results, and only design/theme drafts. I...

asked Nov 29 '12 at 12:13
Blank
Yangt09
55 points

0 Votes
1 Answers
1.61K Views
What Would Be A Fair Way To Pay A Freelance Software Development Tutor Coach In Online Marketplaces?

I have a wordpress development job. I want to implement the job by myself. But since I am not experienced in wordpress development, I want to find a paid tutor to help me in this job. I plan to...

asked Nov 6 '12 at 20:23
Blank
Mert Nuhoglu
116 points