Outsourcing Questions

2 Votes
2 Answers
2.06K Views
Having a license to your product instead of owning it?

Contracted a developer to build a product. Contract was and we were halfway through the project before we had it in hand (realized mistake there, moving on....) We were under the impression that we...

asked Jan 6 '12 at 10:54
Blank
Eric Littleton
107 points

0 Votes
3 Answers
2.26K Views
What type of developers to hire for outsourced development?

I'm trying to build a minimum viable product SaaS website as a proof of concept, and wanted to know what type of developers I should be looking for if using an outsourcing website like odesk /...

asked Jan 7 '12 at 07:21
Blank
Kenny
3 points

0 Votes
1 Answers
2.23K Views
How to start a company and what are the basic steps to setup a company?

I am working in a private company since 2 years as a application developer and now I am thinking to setup a company. I am not aware of the process(steps) to setup a company. What I know is if I...

asked Dec 21 '11 at 22:16
Blank
Dharmendra
101 points

0 Votes
2 Answers
2.72K Views
.Net Development team -- what's the best way to start a company and get outsourcing work?

We are a .net development team in India, and we are looking for outsourcing work. But how to get such work, and how to represent in the market of software development? How should we approach...

asked Dec 12 '11 at 18:53
Blank
Kuldip Mca
106 points

3 Votes
3 Answers
2.64K Views
Web development - Outsource or go in-house?

All, A non-coder friend of mine based in India is considering developing a portal for his startup. His is a web-based idea and the portal will be his source of revenues. Since he can't code,...

asked Dec 5 '11 at 16:47
Blank
Rokstr Dli
36 points

6 Votes
1 Answers
3.55K Views
Our client wants ownership of the code + no competition clause, but we need to re-sell this program in order to make money. How do we compromise?

TL;DR: "A client contracts us to build the engine for Warcraft I, does client have right to stop us using the same engine for let's say.... Skyrim?" (No contracts have been signed YET) Actual...

asked Nov 29 '11 at 08:01
Blank
Peter Peng
31 points

-2 Votes
3 Answers
1.95K Views
where can I outsource miscellaneous jobs?

One of my marketing strategies for my b2b product is to contact businesses through the contact form on their website. Basically, I go through a list of websites, and if they have a contact form I...

asked Dec 1 '11 at 08:49
Blank
Michael
1 point

4 Votes
1 Answers
2.14K Views
Build an appliance

We develop a bunch of software applications. Instead of shipping the software we want to build an appliance, using generic hardware components (and Linux) and sell the appliance in the USA and...

asked Nov 1 '11 at 18:35
Blank
So Mv
121 points

1 Votes
3 Answers
2.91K Views
Where can I find some help on designing packaging for retail sales of our product?

Graphic designers typically charge big bucks to create a packaging concept. Then there is the cost of packaging materials that can sometimes cost as much or more than the product. Does anyone have...

asked Oct 6 '11 at 13:21
Blank
Roger
6 points

4 Votes
1 Answers
5.4K Views
Finding a client for software development outsourcing project

I have led an established IT-company in Ukraine for several years now. The company's business is in the different fields, including an outsourced software development. Currently I realize that I am...

asked Sep 26 '11 at 02:43
Blank
Maxim V. Pavlov
217 points

2 Votes
3 Answers
2.83K Views
How to outsource a software development process?

We are having a good idea for a software product. Since its complexity surpasses the capacities for a one man army or perhaps of a small software team, it will be necessary to outsource software...

asked Sep 26 '11 at 08:07
Blank
Jpcf
111 points

1 Votes
2 Answers
2.14K Views
Where can a find a list of manufacturers of fabric merchandise?

I started a small company almost a year ago now and part of the product is a white sock which is illuminated by flashing LEDs. I'm pretty rubbish at sewing these things together and this is...

asked Sep 28 '11 at 09:07
Blank
Jon Cage
109 points

1 Votes
2 Answers
1.84K Views
Does anyone have experience with commissioning regular content?

We would like to produce a regular email newsletter but don't have the time to do all of the content creation ourselves, so we thought of commissioning regular content, and adding a few of our own...

asked Sep 8 '11 at 00:21
Blank
Lrussell
106 points

2 Votes
1 Answers
2.23K Views
How do I find a professional to make my product (food) so that I may do the rest?

I was trying to find a company in my area who already produces canned food products that would be able to produce mine as well. I would like to be able to concentrate on the rest of the business...

asked Aug 20 '11 at 05:39
Blank
Gail
11 points

1 Votes
4 Answers
2.49K Views
Creating functional document for a website

I have an idea that I'd like to implement and on doing some research I realized that another website does exactly the same thing. I would like to clone the site and since I am pressed for time, I...

asked Aug 22 '11 at 13:23
Blank
User2306
232 points

1 Votes
3 Answers
2.58K Views
iOS app development

What's the fastest way to get an application built and submitted to the app store? We're willing to pay a development house (or individual, though we prefer teams). We'd prefer to use a domestic...

asked Aug 18 '11 at 01:16
Blank
User12764
16 points

7 Votes
5 Answers
2.79K Views
Is outsourced infrastructure bad for investors?

I did work for more than 6 startups. I never saw it. But I heard from a friend that is working for a network appliance startup, that his CEO, wants to keep the whole infrastructure in-house,...

asked Jul 13 '11 at 20:32
Blank
Vp.
151 points

0 Votes
4 Answers
2.75K Views
Should I delegate tasks to be done that require knowledge I don't have, or learn it myself?

First off, I'll start by saying I read a few somewhat related posts, but I will still ask my question as my situation is slightly different and may call for different solutions. Anyway, here are...

asked Jul 15 '11 at 03:14
Blank
Drew
1 point

4 Votes
3 Answers
2.48K Views
Development (as a non-developer) Outsource v Inhouse

What are the pitfalls and advantages to outsourcing the development of a start up's product. I am not a programmer, my background is in business. I am more inclined to outsource as I am not located...

asked Jul 5 '11 at 13:05
Blank
Eric Littleton
107 points

1 Votes
3 Answers
2.04K Views
Code Review & System (Re)Architecture

I've recently been brought on with a small startup to serve as their technical advisor to a group of developers offshore. The product is an ASP .NET WebForms application. One of my first tasks was...

asked Jun 29 '11 at 01:24
Blank
Yuck
257 points