Venture Capital Questions

8 Votes
4 Answers
3.42K Views
When is it a bad idea to bootstrap?

There are two types of startups - those who try to get big quickly and then figure out a way to become profitable, and those who are profitable from the beginning, but grow much slower. The first...

asked Oct 23 '09 at 17:36
Blank
Slavo
316 points

7 Votes
10 Answers
4.17K Views
Which are the most successful university-associated incubators?

I've been asked by a [very excellent] university to help them start an incubator that will work with faculty & students to build in-lab technologies into fundable start-ups. [Most everything...

asked Oct 24 '09 at 08:50
Blank
Kyle Jensen
136 points

3 Votes
3 Answers
2.97K Views
Deal Terminology - "$3M on $3M"?

When a VC says they want to do a "$3M on $3M" deal what does that mean?

asked Oct 12 '09 at 13:23
Blank
Kirk
227 points

3 Votes
4 Answers
3.19K Views
What are the top 10 VC blogs?

Based on the success of my previous question and the fantastic answers from the startup community, here is the next question. I think the top 10 VC blogs will include Rick Segal, Feld Thoughts,...

asked Oct 12 '09 at 22:09
Blank
Anup
547 points

1 Votes
2 Answers
2.65K Views
Where can I find information on what ‘Web 2.0’ companies valuations are?

Does anybody know of any source where I can find out what 'real' valuations internet startups are getting? The term 'real' valuation is totally made up, but I mean what actual investors are...

asked Oct 14 '09 at 09:34
Blank
John Mac Intyre
1,086 points

7 Votes
4 Answers
3.59K Views
What is the difference between a VC and an Angel?

What is the difference between a VC and an Angel?

asked Oct 14 '09 at 14:37
Blank
Jason
152 points

6 Votes
5 Answers
5.94K Views
Just Been Through the VC Process: I Love to Be Transparent, but Wondering How Much is Smart to Share vs. Keep Private

Over the last 3 months, I've had more than 40 phone calls with partners at well-known VC firms, dozens of in-person meetings, follow-on meetings and partner meetings. We're nearing the end of the...

asked Oct 11 '09 at 02:59
Blank
Randfish
1,001 points

4 Votes
3 Answers
3.46K Views
How does someone become a VC and what is their relationship to both the startup and the actual money?

I would love some clarification on VCs. I'm trying to "follow the money", if you will. A few questions answered on this subject would help me greatly. How does someone "become" a VC? It's not...

asked Oct 11 '09 at 05:03
Blank
Nate Ritter
33 points

0 Votes
2 Answers
2.57K Views
Promote an enterprise application - Crowdfunding or investors

Let me introduce my situation. I made an intensive research about the area of my product (that is a software), I have the prototype, the business plan, the promo video, the landing page and blog...

asked Feb 20 '14 at 22:39
Blank
------
1 point