Market Research Questions

3 Votes
3 Answers
3.22K Views
App usage statistics

If I want to start a new website, the first thing I do is check out the competition to see both what they are doing and how much traffic they are generating. I would normally use a site like...

asked Sep 24 '10 at 11:04
Blank
Doug
118 points

2 Votes
2 Answers
2.25K Views
How many women purchase an item online every month by age group?

Hey everyone... i have been spending the past 30 minutes trying to find real statistics from any time in the past three years. I am simply trying to find a breakdown by age group of female...

asked Sep 27 '10 at 10:56
Blank
Bound008
113 points

2 Votes
2 Answers
2.18K Views
Market sizing for Angels

pretty high-level question here that might be too general: is there a minimum market size that a typical angel would be interested in investing in? I've heard that a typical VC wants to see a $100M...

asked Sep 28 '10 at 01:16
Blank
User4481
11 points

0 Votes
2 Answers
1.78K Views
How to do marketing research for blog printing service?

I am working on the service which allows blog owners to distribute their content in a printer form by regular mail. Every blog reader will be able to subscribe to his favorite blogs and receive it...

asked Sep 30 '10 at 02:20
Blank
User4535
16 points

2 Votes
1 Answers
1.83K Views
How does one qualify niche markets?

I'm a generalist trying to do more specialized freelancing and finding it very difficult. I have a few ideas for niche markets to target but I can't tell which one would be the most viable. I'm...

asked Oct 4 '10 at 00:10
Blank
Hugh Guiney
125 points

1 Votes
3 Answers
2.53K Views
Sources of industry and benchmark information (free or inexpensive)

What are some of the best free (or almost free) sources of updated and historical industry data, analysis, and comparative benchmark information? For example: Restaruant industry average food and...

asked Aug 4 '10 at 07:14
Blank
Smart1 Cpa
171 points

6 Votes
3 Answers
2.47K Views
How to research about an application before doing it?

I am planning to make an application to digitalize and organize documents a company, or forum, etc may have. The first thing that came to my mind was about how i should look around for possible...

asked Aug 20 '10 at 16:18
Blank
Prix
133 points

5 Votes
1 Answers
2.31K Views
Does a process exist for executing a market research?

Is there a good resource (book, blog, etc.) that would explain me step by step how to execute a rigorous market research? Where can I find market data such as market size, market share, etc.? Any...

asked Feb 4 '10 at 17:36
Blank
Olivier Lalonde
2,753 points

3 Votes
3 Answers
2.82K Views
Help discovering a niche

I, like a lot of developers, would love to start developing my own range of products. One thing I am wary of is building something that either has no market or where the market is so congested...

asked Jan 23 '10 at 00:16
Blank
Dagda1
121 points

2 Votes
3 Answers
4.54K Views
Market Size of Social Networks

Obviously determining Market Size is a vital step in starting a business. With ecommerce or the sale of a product it seems to be a much more concrete process. On that note, does anyone have any...

asked Jan 26 '10 at 15:59
Blank
Eric Amzalag
818 points