Market Research Questions

1 Votes
1 Answers
1.92K Views
How to determine the cost of acquiring participants/beta testers for market research?

I am working on a proposal which will include the cost of acquisition for market research participants. The participants in this case will using a chrome extension and reporting back on their...

asked Mar 9 '13 at 17:14
Blank
Eric G
106 points

0 Votes
1 Answers
1.88K Views
Name Prior to Market Research

A few friends and I have come up with an idea that we want to do some research on. I was planning on moving forward, whilst following the advice many people have given on here and elsewhere, by...

asked Feb 28 '13 at 00:58
Blank
Justin.Chmura
105 points

0 Votes
2 Answers
2.17K Views
Doing (market)-research/analysis for startup idea

I'd like to know which options I have or which routes you went in order to get some data about how well an idea "can" do in the real world. How can I do market research/analysis myself? Should I...

asked Dec 27 '12 at 22:04
Blank
Ducati Nerd
3 points

4 Votes
4 Answers
2.59K Views
Is my target market big enough?

Background information: I'm looking to start an entrepreneurship. My goal is to generate a net revenue of $4000/month (for example), probably through a SaaS software offering (think GMail). My...

asked Nov 24 '12 at 01:44
Blank
Ashes999
128 points

0 Votes
1 Answers
4.48K Views
How to Research and Determine Total Available Market (TAM) and Serviceable Available Market (SAM)

I'm working on the executive summary for my website idea and need to figure out the total market capitalization for the this industry. For example, if all the yearly advertising (and other)...

asked Oct 21 '12 at 11:42
Blank
User19815
1 point

-1 Votes
1 Answers
1.67K Views
How do I source prizes and gifts for a competition site?

Every day I receive invitations to win holidays, gift vouchers, cash, cars etc. When you go to the site there are literally hundreds if these deals listed. I know some of these sites simply...

asked Oct 3 '12 at 13:16
Blank
Dean Nesmith
6 points

4 Votes
6 Answers
3.21K Views
How can I encourage participation in a survey?

I am about to do a customer development survey, which will be promoted either via AdWords or via an email campaign (maybe both). I did a few tests with AdWords ads and it seems like responses...

asked Sep 28 '12 at 08:42
Blank
Mvbl Fst
144 points

0 Votes
2 Answers
2.19K Views
An 'any software you want' approach to marketing?

I want to start a software business. It's probably been said a million times before on this forum, and software start-up's being in such abundance is one of the reasons for this question. I don't...

asked Aug 16 '12 at 01:40
Blank
Dee Mac
123 points

2 Votes
1 Answers
2.58K Views
Evaluating competitors assets

I'm curious to know how most go about gathering information regarding their competitors? I am interested in developing an application that would directly compete with numerous websites and I am...

asked Jun 5 '12 at 05:20
Blank
Tbowman
217 points

5 Votes
5 Answers
3.34K Views
Market validation for expensive, enterprise software

I have a working prototype for an enterprise software. It is basically a very niche product catering a subset of the engineering firm. Now, what I need, is to validate the market as soon and as...

asked Jun 5 '12 at 14:19
Blank
Graviton
871 points

1 Votes
3 Answers
2.25K Views
A few technical, non-sales guys would like to know "Where to start from ?'

We have an idea and a proof of concept, the idea is pretty specific to stealthy debuggin and binary code analysis . The problem is that we are pure technical guys, we don't know the market and...

asked May 17 '12 at 04:39
Blank
Dot Dot
6 points

1 Votes
2 Answers
2.4K Views
How Would You Market A Product To High Schools? (Most Effective Way)?

Lets's say you guys had a product you sold for $20. Let's say the product was for high school football coaches. What would be the most effective way to reach the North American Market? The only...

asked Apr 28 '12 at 10:03
Blank
Mike
11 points

1 Votes
2 Answers
1.97K Views
How can I do branding research online cheaply and quickly?

I'm just starting my business, I have an idea for a game that I think will be very popular. Trouble is, I can't decide on a good name for it that fits and is memorable. So I want to do some market...

asked Mar 27 '12 at 04:50
Blank
James Morrison
6 points

1 Votes
1 Answers
2.19K Views
Difference between a "new business" and a "startup" market research

Appears the largest difference difference a "new business" and a "startup" is the entities relationship to markets, the research of them, and as a result, the engagement of a market via some...

asked Mar 28 '12 at 02:20
Blank
Blunders .
899 points

3 Votes
1 Answers
1.8K Views
Researching competition that is under-cutting the market

Scenario: I'm in the market research stage of my startup (manufacturing), and when researching my competition I noticed one company who is able to provide similar goods to what I plan to sell at a...

asked Mar 31 '12 at 04:53
Blank
User19897
18 points

1 Votes
2 Answers
2.33K Views
How to do marketing research in Finance related software?

I am a software developer in Canada. 2 years ago, a close friend referred me a business owner who is running Futures trading firm(12+ employees) in Chicago. He need some system to help them manage...

asked Mar 10 '12 at 09:18
Blank
Smm
21 points

7 Votes
2 Answers
3.04K Views
How To Find New Problems to Solve or Ideas for Products To Work On?

What is the thought sequence, particuarlly in a new venture that you're thinking about or have already started? Do cool things just randomly pop in your head after whatever things you do through...

asked Feb 26 '12 at 04:25
Blank
Steven
41 points

1 Votes
3 Answers
7.12K Views
How to get full grocery store inventory?

I don't have money for a warehouse right now and I want to ship food with JIT inventory. But in order to do so, I need to have a list of products (around 3000 of them) the store sells. And I need...

asked Feb 5 '12 at 23:59
Blank
Sergey
106 points

0 Votes
1 Answers
2.42K Views
How should I launch an API demo as an MVP?

I have an API that I would like to launch as an MVP, to gauge market interest. It extracts keywords from text. Goals: Acquire users on my mailing list, so I can market other products and...

asked Jan 8 '12 at 18:22
Blank
Joseph Turian
895 points

1 Votes
3 Answers
3.17K Views
Recommendations on market segmentation books and blogs

I'm looking to improve conversion rates for my service by improving the tightening the messaging and copy. To achieve that, I want to improve the market segmentation as it'll ease the process of...

asked Jan 9 '12 at 01:36
Blank
Cpinto
6 points