Market Research Questions

7 Votes
2 Answers
2.43K Views
How important is market research for startups

I work for a startup that is into building speech related applications for mobile phones. We have a number of ideas and want to jump right into product development. Recent developments (I cannot go...

asked May 23 '11 at 19:54
Blank
Sriram
174 points

3 Votes
3 Answers
3.99K Views
Unique Visitors to Customer Base corelation

I am researching my competitors before getting into SAAS based software market. For one of the competitors total monthly unique visitors to be 3000. I am calculating roughly 50% of them are...

asked May 17 '11 at 06:02
Blank
User8226
197 points

4 Votes
1 Answers
2.25K Views
Value of anonymized user trend data

I was wondering how to find out how much the user data is worth for a database similar to Foursquare's? I'm not looking to sell personal user information or email addresses, but more along the...

asked May 5 '11 at 18:08
Blank
Janan Rajeevikaran
76 points

2 Votes
2 Answers
3.27K Views
What is the best way to see data on all the websites referring traffic to a competitors site?

www.Compete.com www.Alexa.com Are there other valuable sources I am missing? I would like to avoid a 499/month subscription to see data about the sites referring traffic to a specific URL, however...

asked May 6 '11 at 01:29
Blank
Dan
11 points

5 Votes
4 Answers
2.78K Views
Does absence of competition put you off?

We're bootstrapping our latest business idea. Everything I've done has been boostrapped. This will be a complete stop and change direction (so could be a total distraction for a month while we...

asked Apr 18 '11 at 23:26
Blank
Matt
2,552 points

1 Votes
1 Answers
1.65K Views
Determining Feasability of Information Product

Having just been recently laid off, I would like to give some attention to an idea that's been incubating in my mind for a while for an information-based product. This is similar to the model of...

asked Apr 22 '11 at 13:40
Blank
Ashes999
128 points

5 Votes
3 Answers
1.95K Views
Tips on where to check if a market is growing?

I would like to know if you guys have any tips on where someone can see for example, how's the wine market doing or the toys market doing world wide or US only. I have been looking around but I...

asked Mar 24 '11 at 19:03
Blank
Diogo Da Silva
36 points

3 Votes
2 Answers
2.65K Views
How can I check the income of a German company registered as GmbH (Limited Liability)?

In many countries, the income of companies is public and accessible. My question is whether this is correct also for Germany, and where I could look up such information?

asked Mar 25 '11 at 20:17
Blank
David
1,567 points

1 Votes
2 Answers
3.22K Views
Deciding how broad or narrow a market to aim for

When you're not sure which market is worth aiming for, how do you figure out whether to go for a broad market (with lots of competition) or a narrow one (with no competition but good chance to slip...

asked Mar 20 '11 at 08:47
Blank
Platinum Azure
133 points

5 Votes
3 Answers
2.69K Views
Where to distribute survey to prove idea viability?

I tried Mturk but not enough willing participants in english speaking countries. And what are some questions I can ask to validate market?

asked Mar 6 '11 at 08:39
Blank
Matt
141 points

2 Votes
1 Answers
2.61K Views
How can I figure out the market size for a mobile app (and then calculate how much money I'd make)?

I have an idea for a VoIP mobile app on Android that would provide some advanced technical features not currently available (i.e. better encryption, firewall traversal, etc.) The problem I have is...

asked Feb 28 '11 at 07:47
Blank
Ajpyles
111 points

2 Votes
3 Answers
2.95K Views
How many people should I get to fill out my survey?

I'm trying to do things the proper, "lean" way by looking to survey potential users/customers so I can develop a product people want. The survey is out, but how do I know when I have sufficient...

asked Feb 3 '11 at 05:48
Blank
Acconrad
113 points

4 Votes
3 Answers
3.11K Views
How to get reliable survey results

I would like to survey a community of prospects about a new service we are thinking of developing. A question I would really like answered is "How much would you be willing to pay?" The problem is...

asked Feb 8 '11 at 07:50
Blank
Kenneth Vogt
2,917 points

3 Votes
2 Answers
3.54K Views
How much do market research firms charge?

We need to determine if there's a market for our new idea. Has anyone ever used a market research firm to determine that before? How much do they charge?

asked Jan 25 '11 at 11:55
Blank
Huisjames
26 points

4 Votes
3 Answers
2.38K Views
commercial applications for visual search?

This is a video of the google goggles app which does a good job of explaining what the current state of the art in visual search can do. its also being applied to searching patents, product...

asked Dec 17 '10 at 09:45
Blank
Ben
522 points

4 Votes
2 Answers
2.11K Views
How can I measure my future audience?

Before taking on a project, there is always a question: "How many people will use this?" So how do I measure that "people", at least inaccurate.

asked Nov 25 '10 at 14:19
Blank
Daniel Excinsky
148 points

6 Votes
3 Answers
3.51K Views
How do I find my potential customers (B2B business)?

I'm in the middle of building a useful (as I think) SaaS for small e-commerce stores. Before I got too deep into that, I'd like to find out if they are really interested. In other words, I want to...

asked Dec 1 '10 at 07:17
Blank
Salmon
970 points

3 Votes
2 Answers
2.56K Views
How to find statistics for a sales pitch?

We have developed a system that lets small businesses issue membership cards to their clients which can then be used as payment cards. The clients either preload the card with money or link it with...

asked Nov 10 '10 at 05:42
Blank
Olivier Lalonde
2,753 points

1 Votes
2 Answers
2.65K Views
Can anyone recommend a company that hosts or sells landing page templates?

I am looking to do some A/B tests using landing pages but I am not a designer. Do you know of a company that sells or offers hosted landing pages at a reasonable price? I have looked at...

asked Oct 9 '10 at 12:21
Blank
Ricardo
4,815 points

2 Votes
3 Answers
2.22K Views
Qualities Your Web design & Internet Marketing Company Must Have

Everyone want to have a website now but few of them prefer to outsource to companies in India, China etc but few want to get work done in their country, someone nearby. Do you prefer to outsource...

asked Oct 17 '10 at 04:04
Blank
Kashish
95 points