Website Questions

Setting up a website is a key step in starting a new business and in today's world, an effective web presence is a vital marketing tool.

1 Votes
1 Answers
2.19K Views
For a Sustainable Web startup, what is the minimum amount of traffic it should have after 1 year of launching?

I made an effort to create a website 5 years ago. At the beginning, after 1 year, not spending any coin for advertising, there only 1 or 2 people visit my website, so i understood that my Web...

asked Nov 19 '13 at 10:52
Blank
Tiam
6 points

1 Votes
2 Answers
3.02K Views
Website terms and conditions/terms of use, how to avoid the big cost for something more bespoke?

Myself and a couple of associates are starting up a job advertisement and CV database site. As part of the functionality of our site will be that employers based in various countries, can look...

asked Nov 20 '13 at 09:36
Blank
Joe Taylor
6 points

1 Votes
2 Answers
3.55K Views
domain name registars and site renewals?

I'm starting a website and I'm planning to purchase the domain off GoDaddy. It asks me how long I want to purchase the site for. I can pick 1 year, 2 year and 5 year etc. At this point in time,...

asked Nov 21 '13 at 11:51
Blank
Stickman
106 points

1 Votes
1 Answers
2.65K Views
Projecting revenue from website

I am planning on starting a website(and app) similar to Wikipedia targeted towards specific issue. I want to put ads on the website to generate revenue. How do we project ad revenue? What are the...

asked Nov 23 '13 at 07:04
Blank
User899893
24 points

0 Votes
1 Answers
2.31K Views
what costs to factor and how much to charge monthly

what costs do I need to consider and factor into my total cost when determining how much to charge for a subscription service? I am developing a web based application with various subscription...

asked Oct 15 '13 at 11:58
Blank
Mike Mc Mahon
103 points

0 Votes
1 Answers
2.05K Views
Legal aspects of making a for-profit website?

Disclaimer: I've crossposted on Reddit. I'll preface this by saying that I'm in Canada, so some of the legal aspects might differ from the US, but I'm sure lots of them carry across. I'm...

asked Oct 15 '13 at 13:50
Blank
Jmite
101 points

1 Votes
3 Answers
2.36K Views
Is a website with decent seo good enough to get your first few thousand visitors?

I have a site that has resources and tools. It has decent SEO data with titles, keywords, and good niche specific text in the page content. We've registered with search engines. Does the web work...

asked Sep 13 '13 at 04:07
Blank
Efficient Leader
37 points

0 Votes
1 Answers
2.47K Views
Contract where a person is paid once a certain condition is met

I've built a website, and now I need a contract written for it (along with a TOS and a privacy policy, but those are simpler, and I know their names). I want a contract where I pay a person once a...

asked Sep 18 '13 at 04:47
Blank
James G.
103 points

3 Votes
5 Answers
3K Views
How to motivate members to start using websites?

last year, i had like 8000 members, 2000 twitter followers, 2000 on facebook page, still can't motivate the members to be active on the site. it's a competition type of sites, you pay 2$ you enter...

asked Sep 29 '13 at 09:05
Blank
Fischer
116 points

1 Votes
2 Answers
2.77K Views
Collecting product pictures over internet, processing it and selling to eshops - legal?

Given that to be protected by copyright, a picture must be original/unique, I have read on the internet that the "product pictures" (of general use products like fridge, mobile phone etc.) are not...

asked Aug 29 '13 at 18:07
Blank
Data Smarter
1,274 points

1 Votes
1 Answers
2.82K Views
Domain Name Transfer to former employer

I was the original registrant and owner of the domain name my (former) company website. The company never "acquired" nor did I assign it to the company. The company is now threatening that I should...

asked Aug 31 '13 at 10:41
Blank
Gupshup
52 points

5 Votes
2 Answers
2.32K Views
How do I get people to register on my new social network website?

We have had a social network website built and after some beta testing with friends and family we are now looking to get more users to register on the site. The site is aimed at posting good news...

asked Aug 13 '13 at 18:21
Blank
Rocky O'leary
26 points

3 Votes
4 Answers
2.35K Views
How to establish user trust in new startup?

My business is a brand new startup, and doing something that involves my clients placing a good deal of trust in my software (I let people rent out their computers over the internet - imagine a...

asked Aug 13 '13 at 22:48
Blank
Steve
310 points

-1 Votes
1 Answers
1.74K Views
Getting help in programming while holding the reins tightly

I am starting an Internet business. Basically the most important part, the part that is making me actual money is still missing. I tried to deal with those issues several times but I always get...

asked Aug 24 '13 at 08:32
Blank
Zurechtweiser
114 points

0 Votes
2 Answers
3.09K Views
How should I use my domain name?

Other than the setting up email's and a public facing website, what else can I do with my domain name for my business?

asked Jul 23 '13 at 08:19
Blank
Henry
109 points

-1 Votes
1 Answers
1.42K Views
Looking to start a subscription based web site what are the first steps i need to complete? Any links would be helpful

I'm looking to start a new website. The website is going to have a subscription for a specific price. The problems I am running into is where to start first I have already started drawing the site...

asked Jul 26 '13 at 05:07
Blank
User27165
8 points

4 Votes
1 Answers
6.72K Views
What is the revenue model of websites like stackoverflow.com?

The question includes all websites under stackexchange. If someone wants to create a website like this what revenue generation models are there?

asked Jul 26 '13 at 22:29
Blank
Gaurav Goyal
47 points

0 Votes
1 Answers
2.63K Views
How can I monetize an english e-learning website?

I have an English e-learning website provide text chat, audio and live lesson via Skype. my customer are student and office worker who want to improve English speaking. Now, I earn money by...

asked Aug 2 '13 at 11:29
Blank
Linh Smile
1 point

2 Votes
2 Answers
1.81K Views
Approaching vendors- help?

I have started a comparison website for electronic consumer goods vendors, the website is ready, but I am having a problem getting in touch with someone whom I can speak to . I've tried asking for...

asked Jul 11 '13 at 18:55
Blank
Stanford Sequeira
42 points

1 Votes
2 Answers
1.98K Views
What importance does domain name plays in getting seed funding?

I want to start another dot-com company. So, can you tell me what importance domain name plays to get Seed funding? The startup will be primarily based on web and company name might not be same as...

asked Jul 17 '13 at 05:42
Blank
Gaurav Goyal
47 points