Website Questions

Setting up a website is a key step in starting a new business and in today's world, an effective web presence is a vital marketing tool.

2 Votes
4 Answers
2.16K Views
Do I want to pull clients to my company's facebook page or its web site?

I am writing an iOS app which I hope to publish in the next month or so. In parallel, I will set up a web site and a Facebook page for my company. The purpose of these sites is to show other apps...

asked Sep 21 '12 at 12:11
Blank
Dave
155 points

3 Votes
3 Answers
2.32K Views
How much should I expect to receive per website (for web design)?

I am a student who wants to start a small web design business with a few of my friends. Our clients will be local small businesses (e.g. family-run businesses). We're not expecting them to request...

asked Sep 10 '12 at 04:16
Blank
Linksku
116 points

7 Votes
5 Answers
2.54K Views
Startup project - hide from employer or cooperate with him?

I am a software developer. I have a good idea and I'd like to create a startup. I am planning to invite one or two of my colleagues as co-founders. I am concerned about the relationships with my...

asked Sep 11 '12 at 07:32
Blank
Mel
68 points

9 Votes
6 Answers
2.78K Views
Is it smart to use remote programmers/web designers for my first startup social networking site?

I have the option of using remote staff individually at a cheaper rate, however I am considering using a local company that has a team because I can sit down with them and explain what I need on an...

asked Sep 12 '12 at 01:23
Blank
Jimmy
71 points

3 Votes
4 Answers
2.39K Views
Considering hiring advisors/consultants for my startup website

How should they be paid; what is an average fee for a professional...non professional? I really don't know how much time or useful info they will provide so is giving them a percentage of...

asked Sep 12 '12 at 01:32
Blank
Jimmy
71 points

2 Votes
2 Answers
2.11K Views
Selecting a Pricing structure-How to offer free membership?

We are nearing the launch of our website which is a wholesale marketplace and network, which hosts transactions between Buyers and Sellers. We are deciding between two offers for a period of free...

asked Sep 12 '12 at 10:22
Blank
Doug C
16 points

2 Votes
2 Answers
2.03K Views
Split main website and core application

I have question about some organizational issue. Is a good idea to split my main information website (home, about, contact, ...) and my core application service to domain and subdomain? For...

asked Sep 14 '12 at 08:42
Blank
Grzegorz
144 points

5 Votes
5 Answers
2.68K Views
Website - Do I need a lawyer?

In the next few days I want to start a gaming network. Now I have written everything by myself and I am wondering about legal issues. For example: Payment, User-agreement, TOS? I currently live...

asked Aug 24 '12 at 22:18
Blank
Maik Klein
126 points

0 Votes
1 Answers
2.13K Views
Charging a transaction fee, what's the right number?

My partner and I are developing a marketplace website that connects retailers with product makers, allows them to communicate with each-other and hosts wholesale transactions-we are looking for...

asked Aug 9 '12 at 04:30
Blank
Doug
1 point

5 Votes
2 Answers
2.2K Views
What format for a software homepage will result in more sales?

Currently reviewing two types of homepages for software products: Stylish with minimum content on the homepage: boxshot, download button, buy now button and sometimes features listed as small...

asked Aug 12 '12 at 22:48
Blank
Techno
128 points

2 Votes
3 Answers
2.79K Views
legal issues releasing my personal website

I've been trying to make my personal website for a long time, and now that is almost done, I've been investigating about some legal details that I must solve in order to release my website, based...

asked Jul 31 '12 at 01:47
Blank
Mechdeveloper
116 points

2 Votes
2 Answers
2.28K Views
Complete Rookie Here. I Need Advice On Where to Begin From Only an Idea

I'm a complete web/entrepreneur rookie with an idea that I believe in passionately and don't know where to begin. I know for a fact that my idea is unique and will fill a huge hole in the market...

asked Aug 3 '12 at 07:09
Blank
Jrsytomato
72 points

1 Votes
2 Answers
2.22K Views
Is it legal to sell game templates?

I'm thinking about setting up a membership based site where I design game website templates and allow the members free access to the templates as a paid member. I see websites selling actual...

asked Jul 7 '12 at 15:18
Blank
Drew
6 points

1 Votes
1 Answers
2.01K Views
Which business domain to forward to?

Question: Should I forward my business website to my easier to remember .co or my longer .com? I have two domain names, one of which I was going to forward to my longer .com one. Except when I...

asked Jul 10 '12 at 02:38
Blank
Dkroy
130 points

2 Votes
2 Answers
3.62K Views
Who should I contact if I want to sell my website to big company?

I am a founder. I'm planning to write a letter/email to sell one of my website to big company, but the question is: Who should I contact? The CEO of company, the product manager or just anyone...

asked Jun 27 '12 at 02:39
Blank
Anlai
375 points

3 Votes
2 Answers
2.21K Views
Equity share in product not company

thanks for taking the time to read this, any advise is welcomed. A friend of mine is trying to get launch a new piece of software. As we work well together and he wants to keep initial development...

asked Jul 4 '12 at 08:05
Blank
Craig5
21 points

2 Votes
1 Answers
2.57K Views
Evaluating competitors assets

I'm curious to know how most go about gathering information regarding their competitors? I am interested in developing an application that would directly compete with numerous websites and I am...

asked Jun 5 '12 at 05:20
Blank
Tbowman
217 points

1 Votes
1 Answers
2.01K Views
Travel website - 3rd Party Data Integration

I'm creating a travel website that lets users select points of interest for a particular city (a restaurant, museum, etc.). These records are to be displayed on a google map as markers. This I've...

asked Jun 6 '12 at 20:59
Blank
Iamjonesy
129 points

2 Votes
2 Answers
2K Views
Current web technologies in business point of view

I am a software engineer with no experience on web development and I will work on a startup which main product is a website. We are in the very beggining of things, we are not commited to any...

asked Jun 15 '12 at 12:09
Blank
Roberto
113 points

1 Votes
5 Answers
3.03K Views
What kind of development team will we need?

How many developers would it take to build another Facebook? Or at least a trimmed down version. Can one good developer do it, or would we need a large team? I have three partners, none of us has...

asked Jun 15 '12 at 14:12
Blank
Derek
164 points