Website Questions

Setting up a website is a key step in starting a new business and in today's world, an effective web presence is a vital marketing tool.

1 Votes
2 Answers
2.23K Views
Should I make a website open source?

I want to make a website, that is by definition a software, but I don't remind seeing any open source websites. My website like many is supposed to pay itself by ads. Is there a reason why I...

asked Mar 29 '12 at 21:53
Blank
Michelpm
109 points

1 Votes
1 Answers
2.16K Views
How does a a online community gain initial users prior to launch?

Web startups with the theme of a "community" as in let's say a Match.com, a roommate finding service or even this site for that matter....my question is how do they gain their initial users? I am...

asked Mar 12 '12 at 13:32
Blank
M Ant29 M Ant29
6 points

2 Votes
2 Answers
2.7K Views
Legal issues for a donations website?

I'm about 95% into what started as a personal project but has developed into a nice website with some interest. It's a distributed-donation platform for donating to charities. Here's a quick...

asked Mar 19 '12 at 19:09
Blank
Iamjonesy
129 points

0 Votes
0 Answers
3.48K Views
How much money could I make with the following website traffic stats (Adsense, ads)?

I am going to start up a website in the near future and I am aiming to receive at least 10,000 unique page views daily (hopefully up to 100,000 daily). From what I have researched, a CTR of 10% is...

asked Mar 21 '12 at 09:55
Blank
Jeff
1 point

1 Votes
3 Answers
1.54K Views
Company Web-Site

We are building up a new Digital Agency and we are creating our company web site. Because we have just started we don't have any clients in "Our-Portfolio" section nor relevant works that we have...

asked Mar 21 '12 at 21:56
Blank
Massimiliano Peluso
172 points

0 Votes
1 Answers
2.29K Views
Marketing in absense of portfolio of projects for a software start-up.

I am starting a mobile/web development outsourcing company. My development team (currently 4 developers) is moving to my starup from our prev. company, that worked in IT, but not in SD...

asked Mar 8 '12 at 04:26
Blank
Maxim V. Pavlov
217 points

2 Votes
1 Answers
1.9K Views
Should a new web startup spend the effort required to support IE7?

I'm currently in the final testing stages of launching the release version of my website. Over the past couple days, I've been testing the entire site on IE7 as it's a browser I would like to be...

asked Mar 9 '12 at 03:17
Blank
Mike Christensen
183 points

0 Votes
3 Answers
2.15K Views
How do I make website projections?

I own a website that I've been working on for the last couple years, and I'm now at a point where I need to try and raise money from venture capitalists. I am wondering what the best way to...

asked Feb 23 '12 at 05:22
Blank
Oobie11
105 points

2 Votes
3 Answers
2.14K Views
How to tap an existing market?

I've built a site to review & rate beers. It needs some further work & improvements, but I got it out the door. Better to release than to polish to perfection. There are a number of...

asked Feb 29 '12 at 08:56
Blank
Marshall
113 points

1 Votes
2 Answers
3.03K Views
Dividing equity among cofounders when one person is doing most of the work

I shared my startup idea with two of my best friends and it seemed like a great thing to do at the time. The entire thing basically revolves around a particular kind of content and let's just say...

asked Feb 12 '12 at 20:44
Blank
Aviraldg
111 points

5 Votes
3 Answers
2.45K Views
My webmaster created our website and is now charging me a licensing fee

My webmaster signed an agreement saying that all work done on the website is owned by our company. He now thinks that he is being payed unfairly and wants the website to be taken down. He says...

asked Feb 14 '12 at 11:11
Blank
Kyle Berkley
31 points

5 Votes
3 Answers
2.16K Views
Do we still need to have our own ecommerce website?

8 months ago, my wife and I were starting to build our own business. We didn't create our own products, at least not yet for now, what we do is just reselling others product. We didn't open offline...

asked Feb 14 '12 at 14:06
Blank
Kalingga
245 points

1 Votes
3 Answers
2.6K Views
I need a document that both parties will sign agreeing not to sue each other

What kind of document would this be called? A little background: Party#1 is the programmer contracted to help build my website. He has signed an NDA/work for hire. Over the last couple months he...

asked Feb 16 '12 at 10:02
Blank
Kyle Berkley
31 points

2 Votes
1 Answers
1.79K Views
What issues should consider before updating my company website?

I'm working on an update to my company's website. Mostly it's just to freshen up the look. I'm pretty happy with the organization. I'm planning to hire someone but I figured there were probably a...

asked Feb 3 '12 at 08:31
Blank
Clay Nichols
737 points

1 Votes
7 Answers
2.21K Views
How to find a way to help translating the site with multi-language?

The user interface for my site is multi-language supported. But some of words are just translated from Google. But they phrases are inaccurate. I want to know if there are any online services or...

asked Feb 5 '12 at 02:51
Blank
Anlai
375 points

2 Votes
1 Answers
2.05K Views
Huge Dilemma: Leave or Delete section in website

I have a huge dilemma, I launched a dog lover community/store/vet chat/information/directory website in Mexico and for the Spanish speaking community. It was launched 7 months ago and it's starting...

asked Feb 6 '12 at 06:50
Blank
Daniel Michan
66 points

0 Votes
1 Answers
2.14K Views
"Doing business as" registration – is it needed for an online only business?

Selling ad space on a website has no physical place of business except for the office, which might be the owner's home. Also, if registering a DBA would be needed, it would have to be all over the...

asked Feb 7 '12 at 02:46
Blank
Startup1
90 points

1 Votes
2 Answers
2.18K Views
Require a contract of sale for a website

I'm selling a fully operating website and require a contract of sale for the UK. Can anyone recommend where I can find guidance or a template online?

asked Feb 8 '12 at 05:46
Blank
Jacqueline Casey
6 points

-1 Votes
1 Answers
1.77K Views
how important is the .com TLD?

Possible Duplicate: what's more important - .com or name? I am in the very early stages of what I hope to be a very profitable company. It is solely an online presence (think Digg, twitter,...

asked Feb 8 '12 at 14:57
Blank
Joe
99 points

1 Votes
2 Answers
1.93K Views
Publicising the business-plan?

Being a libertarian, I am completely honest with all my business-transactions, business-offerings and partnerships. From a marketing perspective, would it be beneficial to post my business-plan on...

asked Feb 9 '12 at 02:57
Blank
A T
38 points