Website Questions

Setting up a website is a key step in starting a new business and in today's world, an effective web presence is a vital marketing tool.

1 Votes
2 Answers
2.17K Views
What are considered to be successful signup rates?

I am building a website. In my website I'd like my user to register. Also I am planning to launch some very active Google Adsense advertisements, targeting my ads to the travelling field. What is...

asked Dec 21 '11 at 09:55
Blank
Vondip
584 points

0 Votes
1 Answers
2.16K Views
Can I run a web-based Non-Profit Org while living abroad?

I want to register as a non-profit org., but I'm not sure how it'd work because I'm leaving in a couple months to work in Asia for a year or more. My website is for international photography if...

asked Dec 21 '11 at 17:25
Blank
Jacob
1 point

1 Votes
3 Answers
2.91K Views
Which to show first: login or register screen or both?

I have a site for which I am working to improve user onboarding. What happens now is that when a user does some action that requires him to be logged in, I make a jQuery popup come up telling him...

asked Dec 27 '11 at 01:27
Blank
Genadinik
1,821 points

-1 Votes
4 Answers
1.88K Views
Where to look for inspiration when designing product/company website?

To begin with, let me say that "hire a designer" is not really an answer. Problem is, I will still have to evaluate and accept or reject whatever he or she creates. Personally I would go with a...

asked Dec 12 '11 at 07:37
Blank
User9982
206 points

1 Votes
2 Answers
2.09K Views
What do I need to know about storing people's money in accounts for my website

I am developing a website where users will be able to transfer money to their account on the website. They'll eventually be spending some money and withdrawing money back into their accounts...

asked Dec 13 '11 at 14:28
Blank
Jon F
144 points

4 Votes
4 Answers
2.43K Views
Is it normal to lose optimism when getting feedback on a project?

I've been working on a web app for 4 months, and did some usability testing with about 10 people today, with mixed results. Some people said they hated my design, others had no comment about it,...

asked Dec 17 '11 at 14:36
Blank
Mark Hill
33 points

5 Votes
5 Answers
2.9K Views
global commercial website with a domain other than .com - can it ever succeed?

I'm considering launching a fairly niche website that has the potential developing into major commercial venture. But all the possible .com domains are already taken. I'm not exaggerating -...

asked Dec 2 '11 at 02:46
Blank
User9982
206 points

3 Votes
1 Answers
1.77K Views
Will naming my website like this be a case of copyright infrigment?

I want to create a website for a particular industry. There is a term that is used quite widely in the industry - for the sake of argument, lets say the expression is "great scott ". The term is...

asked Dec 4 '11 at 00:17
Blank
Morpheous
23 points

1 Votes
2 Answers
2.26K Views
Was there ever a startup website that didn't require the help of angel investors?

I guess what I meant to say is; Has there ever been a startup that started small then became successful on its own, instead of having a large financial backup beforehand? If so, may I ask for a...

asked Dec 4 '11 at 23:32
Blank
Propeller
134 points

6 Votes
7 Answers
3.35K Views
What should be the strategy for a website not dependent on google?

What should be the strategy for a website not dependent on google? How to be successful website without depending on google? It can be tips or tricks. Although, google is the best medium for...

asked Dec 7 '11 at 03:36
Blank
Web2jeet
96 points

1 Votes
3 Answers
2.5K Views
When Terms of Use must be confirmed at each User Login?

Why would a website need to have terms of use confirmed at each user login? This question came from a related topic on Drupal Answers. My first guess is there is a legal regulation when selling...

asked Dec 7 '11 at 03:45
Blank
Refineo
238 points

3 Votes
2 Answers
2.23K Views
Strategy- How to make a single time visitor into a frequent visitor of your website? User engagement

Strategy- How to make a single time visitor into a frequent visitor? I know subscribing is one of the many options for user engagement and frequent visits by users.

asked Dec 7 '11 at 18:00
Blank
Web2jeet
96 points

1 Votes
3 Answers
2.41K Views
Is a domain extension like .ch helpful for B2B startup or a gimmick?

My planned company name ends with "ch", - let's say it's "Velocity Reasearch". velocityreseach.com and velocityresear.ch are both available. Is using a TLD like .ch in this way considered a gimmick...

asked Nov 26 '11 at 20:11
Blank
Paperjam
394 points

2 Votes
2 Answers
2.3K Views
Do you think it would make a difference if customers knew you were a one-man-band?

I'm having a dispute with someone who has a commerce website, they want to maintain a professional image and prefer not to reveal to [potential] customers that they are in fact an entrepreneur...

asked Nov 27 '11 at 22:09
Blank
Mantorok
113 points

3 Votes
2 Answers
3.12K Views
Would I be able to sell this website I built?

I've been building a site for 2 years now, and am about to launch it, but the problem is I have lost all interest in doing anything with it. It is a social networking/review site in a very small...

asked Nov 15 '11 at 11:08
Blank
Jdh
182 points

2 Votes
2 Answers
1.89K Views
seeding content for a web 2.0 site

so you've built a great web 2.0 system....the system works great....but you need to seed it with content so that it reaches that critical mass....the question is how do you do it? so...what are...

asked Nov 15 '11 at 16:48
Blank
Kamikaze Pilot
253 points

4 Votes
5 Answers
3.9K Views
Which websites successfully make money just from ads?

I'm wondering how many websites are actually successful at making money purely off ads. Clearly the search engines do, but apart from them can you point out specific sites which have successful...

asked Nov 16 '11 at 08:29
Blank
Yarin
147 points

1 Votes
3 Answers
2.13K Views
which technology or strategy a new / inexperienced freelancer should use to earn profit?

Actually I m fresh recent grad who has just started his freelancing work. In due course i have got a project to develop website for a middle scale business (travel agent). As I don't trust on my...

asked Nov 20 '11 at 05:53
Blank
W3softdev
9 points

1 Votes
3 Answers
3.24K Views
Is a good strategy to start with a free service and then charge for the service?

I'm building a startup of P2P model that will work with a payment gateway. But I have a problem with that, in my country the formalities to have a payment gateway are very slow (take about two...

asked Nov 20 '11 at 09:40
Blank
Eberto
6 points

0 Votes
1 Answers
2.64K Views
How much traffic should a site have before selling ad space makes sense?

I am just about to launch my site. I am launching it completely ad free. I am doing this for a few reasons. First, the site looks cleaner. Second, people may be more inclined to use the site if...

asked Nov 22 '11 at 08:19
Blank
User5765
106 points